Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Eh. I don't usually watch AMVs and MMVs, but sure. I'll give it a try.
Thank you @BugDevil, this is the first time in a long while that something beside my own yawning has made me feel my tears in my eyes.

I don't make recommendations like that lightly. This one was legitimately amazing. The editing in particular was stunning. It even was the English translation. Aimer can never go wrong either.

Which does beg the question though: Is there some kind of art book with manga panels colored in? I mean it was pretty much pages from the entire manga professionally colorized. Is there a colored print? Was it fans like with the Jojo works?
I'd love to read it.

EDIT: Nevermind... the uploader colored them all on their own. Holy. Shit. Welp... Talent like that will run in open doors.

Wait, I always thought all people are talented only for certain things... I, for one, find myself as talented of thinking up storylines for mapping series. If anyone wants me to spoil some of these, hit me up at Dynasty Cafe.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Oh, and this is barely related to this topic, but I think it is just related enough NOT to count as spam:
https://i.imgflip.com/2ojzm3.jpg

joined Oct 11, 2018

Oh, and this is barely related to this topic, but I think it is just related enough NOT to count as spam:

Is it seriously 5th most popular? :O

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Is it seriously 5th most popular? :O

According to this poll: https://best100.animefestival.jp/
It's an annual ranking in Japan where fans get to vote for their fav TV series and movies. Note that YagaKimi is probably not more popular than shows like SAO or JoJo or any other big hits within the last year. The poll is more reflective of how dedicated the fanbase of the different series are, IMO. You can see that in how the poll is very much dominated by fujo shows lol YagaKimi probably just has more fans who are willing to vote in these polls than some other titles. Not to say that it's not popular. Sales projection along with Kusunoki's tweet on stock demand suggest that the BD might do decently.

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 7:35PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

For those who can't Japanese

1 - Banana Fish
2 - Idolish Seven
3 - Dollifes! R
4 - Sora yori mo Tooi Basho
5 - Yagate Kimi ni Naru
6 - Osomatsu-san Season 2
7 - Houseki no Kuni
8 - Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3
9 - Shoujo*Kageki Revue Starlight
10 - Yowamushi Pedal Glory Line
11 - Hataraku Saibou
12 - Yuru Camp
13 - Free! -Dive to the Future-
14 - Zombieland Saga
15 - Violet Evergarden
16 - Hataraku Onii-san!
17 - Idolmaster - Side M
18 - Meitantei Conan
19 - Boku no Hero Academia Season 3
20 - SSSS. Gridman

And for some reason, Dynamic Chord is no. 35. Wut.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

And for some reason, Dynamic Chord is no. 35. Wut.

Fujos. They'll eat up anything.

For those interested in where other yuri titles place. Citrus is at 44 & HSL at 74. Kase-san ranks 12th over in the movie category.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It also amuses me a bit that in the middle of all those cute, fun and colorful shows, you have Attack on Titan of all things. XD Eren×Levi shippers I suppose.

A bit surprised to see Citrus so low though.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

It also amuses me a bit that in the middle of all those cute, fun and colorful shows, you have Attack on Titan of all things. XD Eren×Levi shippers I suppose.

HnK isn't rlly cute fun tho. It's suffering.

It's too high if u ask me.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

YagaKimi slipped down to 8th place...

It's an annual ranking in Japan where fans get to vote for their fav TV series and movies. Note that YagaKimi is probably not more popular than shows like SAO or JoJo or any other big hits within the last year. The poll is more reflective of how dedicated the fanbase of the different series are, IMO. You can see that in how the poll is very much dominated by fujo shows lol YagaKimi probably just has more fans who are willing to vote in these polls than some other titles. Not to say that it's not popular. Sales projection along with Kusunoki's tweet on stock demand suggest that the BD might do decently.

Excuse me, but is Jojo even on this list? I don't think so. The Jojo fanbase in Japan is absolutely insane, they would murder this ranking beyond recognition.

AoT deserves that praise. The animation is ludicrously high effort. The plot also is starting to get to the more profound side of things after season 2, so this is fair. Like I said, AoT season 4 will be top 3 for sure next year.

I made some quick Bloom Into You fanart and since I don't really have an art account that is related to cute anime content, I thought I could at least show it here:

-> https://imgur.com/a/m4Bq584

It's been ages since I drew cute stuff... D:

That is cute! Although the facial anatomy is... a bit off.

last edited at Dec 10, 2018 4:48AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

HnK isn't rlly cute fun tho. It's suffering.

Is it? I only saw comedic excerpts so it might have given me the wrong idea. >.<

Excuse me, but is Jojo even on this list? I don't think so. The Jojo fanbase in Japan is absolutely insane, they would murder this ranking beyond recognition.

It's currently no. 17, between Girls' Last Tour and Asobi Asobase.

AoT deserves that praise. The animation is ludicrously high effort. The plot also is starting to get to the more profound side of things after season 2, so this is fair. Like I said, AoT season 4 will be top 3 for sure next year.

Oh yes, it's absolutely deserved. The adaptation of the uprising arc was overall brilliant, and it wasn't an easy arc to adapt. Well, I say it stands out, but Banana Fish isn't particularly "cute and colorful" now that I think of it…

And oh, Zombieland Saga has jumped to 6th place. =O

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

It's not just YagaKimi slipping down to 8th but the entire ranking went through a pretty massive change. For example, Goblin Slayer went from 100th to 27th, Citrus is now 76th, & Kase-san is not even on the other ranking anymore. I don't know what happened there. This is the first time I see such a drastic change to the ranks, but I'm glad we still manage to stay in top 10 somehow. As long as we're in there, that's good enough for exposure purpose.

Girls' Last Tour within top 20 gives me hope for humanity.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

So instead of fixing the localization problem with using first names in the dubs with this episode that was about them switching to using first names they instead mostly rewrote the dialog.Instead being switching to first names it is making nicknames. While the walking conversation between Yuu and Touko is kind of cute the council room scenes is a mess and makes no sense. They had over a month to fix the localization but instead chose to stick with it and choose this poor way to address it. They could fixed it early and only had a couple episodes to redo but didn't

joined Oct 11, 2018

I made some quick Bloom Into You fanart and since I don't really have an art account that is related to cute anime content, I thought I could at least show it here:

-> https://imgur.com/a/m4Bq584

It's been ages since I drew cute stuff... D:

God I hated the anime...
Especially the music. It made me super uncomfortable for some reason. <_<
The only episode I somewhat enjoyed was the last one.

Cute fanart! Love it!

And as a side note, the Citrus anime is way more uncomfortable than the manga. The manga still made me a little squirmy, but it gets way better. The anime made certain scenes a lot longer than they were in the manga, like their first kiss scene. Animated it was pretty rape-y not gonna lie.

last edited at Dec 10, 2018 3:32PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

So instead of fixing the localization problem with using first names in the dubs with this episode that was about them switching to using first names they instead mostly rewrote the dialog.Instead being switching to first names it is making nicknames. While the walking conversation between Yuu and Touko is kind of cute the council room scenes is a mess and makes no sense. They had over a month to fix the localization but instead chose to stick with it and choose this poor way to address it. They could fixed it early and only had a couple episodes to redo but didn't

HIDIVE's subs are particularly bad even by official subs standards and should be avoided. Asenshi fixes 99% of the official sub's problems, and with the honorifics patch 99.9% of the problems are fixed.

...well, I thought you were talking about the official subs. Shit like this is why I don't watch dubs in the first place.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

HIDIVE's subs are particularly bad even by official subs standards and should be avoided. Asenshi fixes 99% of the official sub's problems, and with the honorifics patch 99.9% of the problems are fixed.

...well, I thought you were talking about the official subs. Shit like this is why I don't watch dubs in the first place.

Problem is I don't torrent stuff I don't even know what program to use to do it. They don't seem to be listed on streaming sites either that I know of.

Ava
joined Dec 7, 2018

well all I can say now is that now I am sooo much into this manga / series now!!!!!

joined Oct 22, 2018

When it comes to watching anime, I just go to whatever sight I can watch it free and good quality. The main reason I don't go on sites that I have to pay for is because online paying is still thought of being way too risky in my country.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Yeah, I’ve been using this Honorifics patch, for my rewatching. And it’s good. Because it’s my little problem in Asenshi subs; omitting the honorifics.

The dub part in episode 7 is seriously hilarious. Using dear, darling or honey. Idk. Instead of fixing, they were improvised some shits that is so far from the original.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Yup, that's exactly why replacing last names with first names is stupid. You end up hitting walls like this later on.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Now, uhh, I know what I'm about to say will almost certainly be inappropriate, (albeit, not spam), but I'm kinda underwhelmed by the lack of new fanarts. I would've drawn some myself, if I didn't SUCK at drawing something else than countryballs or maps. So I guess I should, in addition to being underwhelmed by what I mentioned in the first sentence, also be disappointed at myself...

Was the post fair enough?

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

I see the preview images for tomorrows (UTC) episode is out. Hope we get to see animes take on Yuu's bigger than I thought line.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I see the preview images for tomorrows (UTC) episode is out. Hope we get to see animes take on Yuu's bigger than I thought line.

They ain't gonna skip anything.

joined Oct 22, 2018

They ain't gonna skip anything.

Ahh, yes. One of the funnier lines in the entire manga.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Now, uhh, I know what I'm about to say will almost certainly be inappropriate, (albeit, not spam), but I'm kinda underwhelmed by the lack of new fanarts. I would've drawn some myself, if I didn't SUCK at drawing something else than countryballs or maps. So I guess I should, in addition to being underwhelmed by what I mentioned in the first sentence, also be disappointed at myself...

Was the post fair enough?

"Serious" yuri like this, or Aoi Hana, or Sasameki Koto, get very little fanart. Much less hentai (I've seen some so far and it's very bad, no I won't post a source).

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

"Serious" yuri like this, or Aoi Hana, or Sasameki Koto, get very little fanart. Much less hentai (I've seen some so far and it's very bad, no I won't post a source).

Too bad about the fanart at least.

To reply you must either login or sign up.