Forum › A Yuri Manga Between a Delinquent and a Quiet Girl That Starts From a Misunderstanding discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

There isn't an easy solution that would satisfy everyone. Personally I prefer the second method with exceptions for tags that could be considered warnings. For this particular story I believe Yuri by itself is more appropriate than Bisexual either by itself or together with yuri. Outside of the set-up I don't think we've encountered anything that warrants Bisexual. This doesn't mean that the characters are not bi, but rather that (at least so far) it hasn't been a large element of the story. This is as opposed to, say, Ohana Holoholo which has, and very much deserves, both Yuri and Bisexual tags.

I wish there were more people like you in the forum.

I agree with your evaluation, the tag system needs tuning. Anyone who sees the Bisexual tag and comes here hoping to read a story about a MC in a romantic tangle between a boy and a girl is going to be sorely disappointed. Touno thought about dating a boy (who never appears) for about 3 pages, then discarded the idea. And Saijou never showed interest in anyone but her girlfriend Touno. Actually, as a matter of fact, this thread derailed when a small number of people started pushing the absurd idea that Saijou must be bisexual -- story canon be damned -- and would (to quote one of them) "just want some cock" in the future. I asked them a few times to provide evidence to support their belief, and every time they replied with kindergarten-level tantrums, personal attacks and name-calling. 乁(° ͟ʖ ͠°)ㄏ

Nevri, HellAQA and Bugpope don't seem to realize how offensive it is to assume that any girl in a lesbian relationship will naturally move on to heterosexual trysts in the future. And they claim that anyone who contradicts them is hating on bisexuals. >_< I'm tired of wasting my time with them. In their next post, Nevri (or HellAQA, or Bugpope) must show us some evidence that Saijou Nagisa secretly "wants some cock" (and I mean canon evidence: which page, which panels). If they don't, if they just ramble on about vague and nebulous matters of political correction, if they continue spouting personal attacks at me, I'll assume they are conceding defeat. I'll accept their capitulation and graciously take my victory.

last edited at Dec 19, 2018 4:51PM

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Jesus Christ all the comments about tagging. How about you enjoy the manga without talking about that.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Uh. Well, this isn't what I expected would be the subject when I came to make a post. If I may add my two cents, I'll just say that part of the problem stems from what any one person thinks tagging is for. There's (at least) two ways to think of tagging, and both are reasonable.

The first way is to tag with descriptions of the content in a more literal way. This generally requires more tagging and can more make it more troublesome to find things similar to what you want, but can potentially give more granularity in categorization.

The second is tagging based on the story and themes. This makes finding certain kinds of stories more flexible, but has the potential to leave out tags that might be important descriptors to some people.

There isn't an easy solution that would satisfy everyone. Personally I prefer the second method with exceptions for tags that could be considered warnings. For this particular story I believe Yuri by itself is more appropriate than Bisexual either by itself or together with yuri. Outside of the set-up I don't think we've encountered anything that warrants Bisexual. This doesn't mean that the characters are not bi, but rather that (at least so far) it hasn't been a large element of the story. This is as opposed to, say, Ohana Holoholo which has, and very much deserves, both Yuri and Bisexual tags.

I'm not going to say that I have the best idea or anything because obviously that can't be true for everyone, and there's certainly times that require an exception. Just my two cents.

edit: my original comment was going to be that this has escalated much quicker than most manga out there and I am SO in favor of that.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. That's why Dynasty has ridiculous, super-specific one-off tags like "Conspicuous white fluid on page 26", "Imaginary dick on page 9" and "Dicks on page 22-23". Sarcastically, I'm going to suggest to tag it "Bisexual on pages 1-2", even though the whole chapter was just 3 pages... and people would've complained about that anyway!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The “Bisexual” tag seems to be one that causes some of the most volatile disputes, although I’m never sure if it’s pro-bisexual people who want their identities represented or yuri purists opposed to the taint of het that the tag implies, or some combination thereof.

One way or the other, it certainly often seems to be less about accurate description and more about personal emotional investment.

joined Oct 26, 2016

The “Bisexual” tag seems to be one that causes some of the most volatile disputes, although I’m never sure if it’s pro-bisexual people who want their identities represented or yuri purists opposed to the taint of het that the tag implies, or some combination thereof.

One way or the other, it certainly often seems to be less about accurate description and more about personal emotional investment.

It's definitely both; with 'bisexual' it's always aggresive yuri purists and aggressive identity correctness posters and their neverending dumpster fire of a war (every so often you see a post complaining about the tags too and how people are 'too sensitive' etc...). Personally I'm a bit sad that the 200ish comments aren't about the amusing shorts but these types of wars tend to happen on all of the more controversial tags unfortunately.

Seriously can we just talk about the delinquent yuri and how the romance has gone into overdrive? It would be nice to see some reversal action too.

last edited at Dec 19, 2018 1:59AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I liked Underdog, but using the phrase from the exact time of life I'm talking about, I didn't "LIKE like" Underdog. That was more the live-action hero-canines from yet an older generation, like Lassie and Rin-Tin-Tin.

(See, one male and one female--it's like being pansexual when you have only the vaguest sense of what being "sexual" entails.)

It gets even muddier what with the actor who played Lassie actually being male. I'm officially kink shaming your prepubescent self. Just to clarify, it's a joke.

To speak on topic, it's a bummer if the author hasn't updated this in like half a year. We asked for nothing and got everything... it was a good run, guys.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I liked Underdog, but using the phrase from the exact time of life I'm talking about, I didn't "LIKE like" Underdog. That was more the live-action hero-canines from yet an older generation, like Lassie and Rin-Tin-Tin.

(See, one male and one female--it's like being pansexual when you have only the vaguest sense of what being "sexual" entails.)

It gets even muddier what with the actor who played Lassie actually being male. I'm officially kink shaming your prepubescent self. Just to clarify, it's a joke.

You have no idea—we haven’t even mentioned the erotics of the whole Flipper thing.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

There was this 60s project about deciphering dolphin language, which included one female caretaker/scientist living in a partially submerged apartment with a male dolphin. That went a bit ... wrong (not just because scientist thought it'd be a great idea to drug dolphins with LSD. Seriously, wtf...). Also; ended rather tragically.

Anyway, just thought I'd leave this little tidbit of animal science history here.
Alas, no yuri ;)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nene posted:

Anyone who sees the Bisexual tag and comes here hoping to read a story about a MC in a romantic tangle between a boy and a girl is going to be sorely disappointed.

Except on dynasty all the bisexual tag mean is "story has a character who is canonically bisexual". It could be a big part of the story or it could pretty much irrelevant. It's funny how hung up on it you get, considering you just gave the most common and misunderstood understanding of being bisexual. Bi people don't get involved in love triangle with boy and girl by default. It can easily be with 2 girls or 2 boys. In fact, they don't need to get involved in love triangle at all. The fact that is the only story with bisexuals you can think of is very telling.

Touno thought about dating a boy (who never appears) for about 3 pages, then discarded the idea.

I agree her bisexuality feels more like a plot device to get story rolling, but it was still there, so I get why staff tagged it as such. It is pretty clear at this point, it will never be explored or mentioned again, so idk why so many people get worked over it, instead of just reading cute yuri. Nah, I know why. It is the yuri purist having a allergic reaction to bisexual tag and wanting it being removed so they can read it in peace without worrying if she will cheat with a boy.

Actually, as a matter of fact, this thread derailed when a small number of people started pushing the absurd idea that Saijou must be bisexual -- story canon be damned -- and would (to quote one of them) "just want some cock" in the future. I asked them a few times to provide evidence to support their belief, and every time they replied with kindergarten-level tantrums, personal attacks and name-calling. 乁(° ͟ʖ ͠°)ㄏ

Only 1 person claimed it and everyone else only commented about what you wrote. Maybe if you weren't trying to argue against some imaginary collective, people would take you seriously.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This has gone on way too long and has less and less to do with the actual story. I’m tells no you all to let it drop at this point.

If you want to discuss the bisexual tag, take it to that tag’s discussion. If you want to discuss analogies, take it to the cafe thread or the Discord.

But if you want to discuss the actual story, then by all means, go ahead.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nev of course is right. So speaking of the text we actually have, what does everyone think, "Let's do this at home" means?

They've already tongue-kissed and held hands with intertwined fingers--how much further can they go?

After all, they're both girls. lol

EDIT: (Why my autocorrect changed "Nez" to "Nev" is unexplainable--except demonic possession. Which would explain a lot, actually.)

last edited at Dec 19, 2018 10:35AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Actually, as a matter of fact, this thread derailed when a small number of people started pushing the absurd idea that Saijou must be bisexual -- story canon be damned -- and would (to quote one of them) "just want some cock" in the future.

Only 1 person claimed it and everyone else only commented about what you wrote. Maybe if you weren't trying to argue against some imaginary collective, people would take you seriously.

Lol, panicky panicky backpedal.
That awkward moment when you realize everyone was talking about Saijou while all the time you thought they were talking about Touno. You reread your lengthy rants, confirm how outlandish they sounded, then you slink back to your place to watch Dragonball and sulk.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

Nev of course is right.

Of course. I'm always right.

They've already tongue-kissed and held hands with intertwined fingers--how much further can they go?

I'm betting on mom coming in, while they are intensely staring at each other.

After all, what else 2 girls can do?

last edited at Dec 19, 2018 10:46AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nev of course is right. So speaking of the text we actually have, what does everyone think, "Let's do this at home" means?

How do two girls hold hands anyway?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

How do two girls hold hands anyway?

With their fingers.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

White Rose posted:

Lol, panicky panicky backpedal.
That awkward moment when you realize everyone was talking about Saijou while all the time you thought they were talking about Touno. You reread your lengthy rants, confirm how outlandish they sounded, then you slink back to your place to watch Dragonball and sulk.

Lol, I knew we were talking about Saijou. I just didn't bother to go into it, because I never claimed anything. But if you insist, sure I can bite. Since she said it was her first time being confessed by a girl and she needs to properly think it through, we can assume, at least at the moment, she doesn't think of herself as a lesbian, since she has never before considered dating another girl. So if she was capable of liking guys before it, then yes, that would make her bisexual. Huh, when I actually thought about it, the original poster had a point, who would have thought, right?

You tried to mock me, but didn't realize you were the one to misunderstand my posts. Well, your miserable attempt at making fun of me was at least funny, so I'll let that slide.

last edited at Dec 19, 2018 12:33PM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I'm going to be a maverick here and go with it means they pick up a parfait (strawberry, of course) on the way and drink it at home while sharing the same straw.
Mad blushing will ensue.

Flowers-le-volume-sur-ete-screenshot
joined Nov 22, 2018

so this series really stopped on chapter 6? What a shame, it's really cute

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

OH MY GOD I GO OUT FOR A WEEK AND THERE'S ALREADY SUCH A MASTERPIECE ONGOING?!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Not that it's a problem, but not much of a delinquent, is she now? I guess that it's just the hair.

These two move faster than greased lightning. I'm almost scared of the next chapter. lol

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll be deleting both these posts, since this can't possibly go anywhere good. Sorry if anyone invested a lot of time in them.

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. That's why Dynasty has ridiculous, super-specific one-off tags like "Conspicuous white fluid on page 26", "Imaginary dick on page 9" and "Dicks on page 22-23". Sarcastically, I'm going to suggest to tag it "Bisexual on pages 1-2", even though the whole chapter was just 3 pages... and people would've complained about that anyway!

"Het on pages 1-2" is what you mean amirite?

Joke aside, why don't we just sit and enjoy the yuri? I don't really see the meaning behind such complicated tagging process. Personally I couldn't care less about if she used to be het or homo (that's a lie though, that DO bother me a little, but for the sake of yuri-ism, hurray!). This is similar to how those hetero dicks always make a fuss out of virginity. That thinking hurts others.

Regarding the sentiment "She is bi = she will run away for a cock soon". Truth be told, if two persons are madly in love for real, it's unlikely one if them will go out for an ex - the same goes for the opposite: if they are not for you, then they aren't.

By the way, we ALREADY had that UNCENSORED handholding sequence. And they came BEFORE the kiss! Such heresy! Where's the schlick schlack part?

For those naive yuri-ist out there, the correct order is as follow:
Look at each other's eyes -> Kiss -> Schlick Schlack -> Kiss even more -> Handholding

last edited at Dec 20, 2018 7:23PM by Nezchan

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'll be deleting both these posts, since this can't possibly go anywhere good. Sorry if anyone invested a lot of time in them.

Haha, I don't have a clue what the second post was. It was deleted so fast, I didn't even get to read it. ^.^
Anyway, as said before, thanks to all the moderators for your hard work!

joined Nov 27, 2017

These two move faster than greased lightning. I'm almost scared of the next chapter. lol

Teenagers are all either sex starved and repressed horny monsters, or they're so timid that everything gets stupidly dragged out. There's not much in between.

Clearly these two are the former.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

What's funny is that in the real world it is often both.

To reply you must either login or sign up.