Forum › Love is Heavy discussion

joined Jan 10, 2017

How can you find something annoying and cute at the same time...I think irritation sort of sucks the appeal out of something by definition...

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

How can you find something annoying and cute at the same time...I think irritation sort of sucks the appeal out of something by definition...

Nah.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Ah Kodama Naoko...

Every time I read her works I hope it will be as good as her mangaka story. Every time I am disappointed.

20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

Overall cuteness/good points > overall annoyance level/bad points

It's called compromise.

joined Aug 28, 2016

i like how the last page seems heartwarming at first but then you think about it some more and realize she's basically saying "I'm glad you're the one feeling insecure in this relationship instead of me" and that's kinda messed up. Well, that's Naoko Kodama for you.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

i like how the last page seems heartwarming at first but then you think about it some more and realize she's basically saying "I'm glad you're the one feeling insecure in this relationship instead of me" and that's kinda messed up. Well, that's Naoko Kodama for you.

On the other hand, they both got exactly what they asked for. I think that makes a good ending in of itself.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Four pages... and I think the credits page is better than the previous four pages... the credits page lacks dialogue but the artwork is better.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

^ What kind of a savage are you?

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This could easily turn into yandere, if you play it well.

joined Sep 6, 2018

There needs to be a tag for short stuff like this. It would help warn me about not putting in the effort to read it when an artist fails to publish work that envelops the readers in a good story.

The short four page stuff is something new to this site.

I’d give some slack if there’s a tag for “new artist” too.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

There needs to be a tag for short stuff like this. It would help warn me about not putting in the effort to read it when an artist fails to publish work that envelops the readers in a good story.

When you click on the work, all the pages are listed in a column to the left of the reader. Usually they're even numbered for your convenience. Here's a tip: if you click on a work and the numbers don't go high enough for you, you can always just go back and avoid wasting your time.

last edited at Nov 25, 2018 9:44PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

That last panel might be peak Kodama Naoko

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Nah.

@drpepperfan Your icon and the manga it comes from fit your comments so well.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Personally, I'm getting sick of the short, spunky, blonde, pigtailed, "cute" girl archetype that's becoming rather prevalent in yuri as of late. I don't think it's cute, it's not endearing, it's playing on the idea of childhood which is creepy when sexualized, and makes for genuinely annoying and predictable characters. It's an annoying appearance template attached to an annoying personality template that's just unbearable.

Ah Kodama Naoko...

Every time I read her works I hope it will be as good as her mangaka story. Every time I am disappointed.

Also, Kodama Naoko's eyes always bother me. They make the characters look annoyed/disinterested in everything. Honestly, I should just stop reading Kodama's stuff (I basically have), but that yuri tag is so tantalizing, and I always come in hoping for better...

joined Sep 6, 2018

When you click on the work, all the pages are listed in a column to the left of the reader. Usually they're even numbered for your convenience. Here's a tip: if you click on a work and the numbers don't go high enough for you, you can always just go back and avoid wasting your time.

Ok. Thank you for the reply.

When viewing from mobile, there’s no page columns to glance at. It’s a disappointment when hitting credits page sooner than expected. I’ll refrain from griping about page length from here on out.

7e617d9b-b38f-4347-ab37-83cdd50e9a19
joined Aug 23, 2018

I see Kodama Naoko in "author" field - I hesitate at first and am excited at the same time. And it turned out to be pretty cute, but unfortunately short :c

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

This was really cute, but I can't remember the last time I read a Kodama Naoko manga in which some moment didn't make me think, "this relationship won't last"...

last edited at Nov 26, 2018 12:13AM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Glad to see another work from Kodama Naoko!!

joined Jul 4, 2018

Naoko, back again.
I never read author’s before reading, just for some reason of habit, but i sometimes end up figuring it out due to content and art......
This is one :p

2ee87948-0afe-40eb-b096-db4b6039ffff
joined Jul 29, 2016

Ooh a new original doujin
sees it’s by kodama naoko
Welp here we go

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Whatever works for them, I say.

joined Apr 12, 2014

Cute wish it was longer

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

People intentionally keep cats as pets.
There you go.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Things you don't say to your girlfriend: "It's so good being in a romance where I'm not the one who feels jealous and lonely." xD

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Things you don't say to your girlfriend: "It's so good being in a romance where I'm not the one who feels jealous and lonely." xD

This. Got to that part and I basically just put down my phone and walked away. Thank gods that was the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.