Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

tfw the mums okay with it

joined Jul 26, 2016

tfw the mums okay with it

Because Chiaki's that hot, obv

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Why is it whenever people think lesbian moms they always go straight to "bi" instead of simply "not straight anymore"? (which in this case was probably the moment Harumi's mom answered the door)

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Why is it whenever people think lesbian moms they always go straight to "bi" instead of simply "not straight anymore"? (which in this case was probably the moment Harumi's mom answered the door)

Are you saying that Chiaki's dork face actually magically changed mom's sexual orientation?
I want some of whatever you are having. lol

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 9:10AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

Harumi is literally sick with a fever
Chiaki: "Let me wipe off your sweat or you might catch a cold."

She said "you'll get cold". I assume she meant it as her temperature lowering, which could worsen her, well, cold.

Looking East posted:

gay but married mother tropes is annoying.

More likely bi. All of the bi women I know ended up married to guys eventually.

Why I'm not surprised to hear that.

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 9:35AM

joined Oct 4, 2015

Looking East posted:

gay but married mother tropes is annoying.

More likely bi. All of the bi women I know ended up married to guys eventually.

Why I'm not surprised to hear that.

Maybe because the simple rule of statistics means a bi woman is far more likely to run into a man who is interested in her than a woman? Not to mention that in many places of the world it's still far easier and often safer to marry someone of the opposite rather than same sex?

Lets not be biphobic, please.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Aether rose posted:

Not to mention that in many places of the world it's still far easier and often safer to marry someone of the opposite rather than same sex?

That is what I was referring to.

Lets not be biphobic, please.

Lol. At which point I was even remotely biphobic?

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

lol what a laid back mom

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

Harumi is literally sick with a fever
Chiaki: "Let me wipe off your sweat or you might catch a cold."

She said "you'll get cold". I assume she meant it as her temperature lowering, which could worsen her, well, cold.

Yeah, I don't get the Japanese obsession with wiping sweat in these scenarios tho. If someone is sick they need to sleep and sweat it out. Then they can take a warm bath and go back to resting more.
You don't get cold under the blanket even if you sweat buckets. lol

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I do understand the points the two Roses (Aether and White) want to make, though.

In Japanese manga, these days, most female characters seem to be attracted both to boys and girls. This probably counts as reality in fiction, as real-life Japanese women are as likely to fan-worship a cool female idol as they are a male one. Claiming, however, that this makes you gay, and, even more, that a married housewife with children who is turned on by a cool handsome girl becomes automatically a lesbian, is, no matter how you look at it, a gross exaggeration.

And biphobia is a thing. People who identify as bi are often discriminated both by straights and gays. The most common form of this discrimination is the claim that there is not such a thing as bisexuality, and that those who call themselves bi are just confused or experimenting. If a bi woman ends up married or in a steady couple with a man, you will hear: "Yeah, she's straight as an arrow, just another BUG who was playing around." If it's with another woman, you will hear: "See, she was a lesbian all along, she just didn't want to accept herself." These attitudes are very offensive.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

But then again, whether people are bi or not, like any other orientation, is down to the individual persons themselves. There can be lesbian moms and gay dads regardless of sexual history or who they might've had a crush on in the past, but those who actually consider themselves as bisexual will often state as such or correct you where appropriate. A big part of sexuality is figuring out what's right for you, after all.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

Yeah, I don't get the Japanese obsession with wiping sweat in these scenarios tho. If someone is sick they need to sleep and sweat it out. Then they can take a warm bath and go back to resting more.
You don't get cold under the blanket even if you sweat buckets. lol

Yes you need to sweat it out, but you also can't stay in bed all wet entire day. At some point you need to wipe yourself, because gathered sweat will naturally get colder. Remember that the main point of sweating is to lower your body's temperature.

Nene posted:

And biphobia is a thing.

Just to clarify. I never claimed it wasn't.

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 11:37AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yes you need to sweat it out, but you also can't stay in bed all wet entire day. At some point you need to wipe yourself, because gathered sweat will naturally get colder. Remember that the main point of sweating is to lower your bodies temperature.

That's why I mentioned the hot bath (including changing clothes of course). Sweat also tends to dry up. As long as you are below the blanket you will stay warm... I mean we all were sick before so I don't need to tell you this lol

The only reason I can think of to do that is because it's icky to lie around in your own sweat I guess, but then you'll have to do it every hour or so.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

Yes you need to sweat it out, but you also can't stay in bed all wet entire day. At some point you need to wipe yourself, because gathered sweat will naturally get colder. Remember that the main point of sweating is to lower your bodies temperature.

That's why I mentioned the hot bath (including changing clothes of course). Sweat also tends to dry up. As long as you are below the blanket you will stay warm... I mean we all were sick before so I don't need to tell you this lol

Of course you can just go get a bath and change cloths. But I was talking about situation, when you don't and just keep on staying in bed. You seem to underestimated sweat. If you sweat a bucket, it will lower your temperature significantly, especially if you're getting better, so even if you're under blanket, you will still feel cold. It will be as if you got splashed with cold water and then went under blanket wet, expecting it to warm you up. And yes, I was sick before lol, a lot in fact, and I do change my cloths after spending half a day in bed to get ride of the sweat.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Of course you can just go get a bath and change cloths. But I was talking about situation, when you don't and just keep on staying in bed. You seem to underestimated sweat. If you sweat a bucket, it will lower your temperature significantly, especially if you're getting better, so even if you're under blanket, you will still feel cold. It will be as if you got splashed with cold water and then went under blanket wet, expecting it to warm you up. And yes, I was sick before lol, a lot in fact, and I do change my cloths after spending half a day in bed to get ride of the sweat.

Woah woah, did you take the "sweating buckets" comment literally? That's not humanly possible!
I never felt cold below my blanket though. Body heat + insulation = mild temperature. Sweat only cools you down because of the surrounding temperature (liquid drops temperature faster than skin), so it will stay warm as long as you don't have openings in your blanket.
Whenever I am sick I usually get better after half a day (enough to leave bed at least) and change the covers etc. So it's not like I don't understand the need. But just wiping your sweat is pointless then, because your bedsheets are still soaked...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

Woah woah, did you take the "sweating buckets" comment literally?

Of course not xD I was just using it as a phrase. I didn't even remember you used it.

So it's not like I don't understand the need.

Well I was only arguing that it isn't something pointless to do, so I'm fine with leaving our little dispute at that.

And thanks to that trope, we can have sexy sweat wiping scenes in mangos so I think that is the most important part.

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 12:09PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Of course not xD I was just using it as a phrase. I didn't even remember you used it.

Well I was only arguing that it isn't something pointless to do, so I'm fine with leaving our little dispute at that.

And thanks to that trope, we can have sexy sweat wiping scenes in mangos so I think that is the most important part.

My issue was how that trope came to be in the first place... Because it must have been based on real actions somehow. And I don't get how this is efficient or useful at all.

Of course the trope itself isn't a problem. Who doesn't like seeing sick people undress and almost faint in their love interest's arms? ┐(´~`)┌

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

BugDevil posted:

Woah woah, did you take the "sweating buckets" comment literally?

This is totally a silly question, but... Nevri, how did you get those words "BugDevil posted:" to appear at the top of your quote?

When I make a quote (using the 'Quote' button) I never get that. The name of the person I'm quoting never appears at the start of the quote. Like right now, see: the quote above doesn't have "Nevri posted:" on top...

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

When I make a quote (using the 'Quote' button) I never get that. The name of the person I'm quoting never appears at the start of the quote. Like right now, see: the quote above doesn't have "Nevri posted:" on top...

Ironically enough, using the Quote button on that post will show you how it's done (it's basically the same as posting a hyperlink)

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Goggled Anon posted:

Ironically enough, using the Quote button on that post will show you how it's done (it's basically the same as posting a hyperlink)

Does it work like this?
EDIT: Welp.

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 12:45PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

White Rose posted:

This is totally a silly question, but... Nevri, how did you get those words "BugDevil posted:" to appear at the top of your quote?

I'm using Dynasty Thingifier

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

If it was a boy there would be no way to hide the arousal. "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to fondle my boobs?"

If it's a girl, there's no easy way of telling -- so she can claim her feelings are purely platonic aesthetic appreciation. But, in reality, that's not a thing. There's always an erotic component involved when you grope and fondle another person's body, especially if you're a teenager.

No matter how strongly Chiaki denies it, the "energy boost" she feels when groping Harumi is probably sexual in nature. And sublimating that through activities such as sports is most common and really typical. It's, like, textbook psychology. Right?

I don't know if that's true in all cases. Artist can separate sexual desire from aesthetic beauty

Although, Chiaki is definitely the former. It's definitely stimulating for her, otherwise she wouldn't get a nosebleed
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sekai_de_ichiban_oppai_ga_suki_ch04#5
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sekai_de_ichiban_oppai_ga_suki_ch08#9

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 2:06PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

White Rose posted:

I'm using Dynasty Thingifier

Wow. I didn't even know those existed. Thankies!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

White Rose posted:

Wow. I didn't even know those existed. Thankies!

You're welcome ;3

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

No matter how strongly Chiaki denies it, the "energy boost" she feels when groping Harumi is probably sexual in nature. And sublimating that through activities such as sports is most common and really typical. It's, like, textbook psychology. Right?

It's definitely stimulating for her, otherwise she wouldn't get a nosebleed
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sekai_de_ichiban_oppai_ga_suki_ch04#5
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sekai_de_ichiban_oppai_ga_suki_ch08#9

Yes, indeed. A nosebleed used to be, in the olden days, something only lecherous males would get. But later girls in shoujo manga started getting them too, usually when perving on a cute bishounen or a studly tough guy, and it eventually became an universal thing.

IIRC one of the first girls ever (if not the first) to get a nosebleed is Aino Minako in the Sailor V manga. There's this amazing, incredibly cute boy for whom she has had the galloping hots for a long time, y'see, and at one point he grabs her, confesses his love and kisses her passionately. Minako's reaction? She faints while nosebleeding a geyser, sending Artemis into a hysterical panic. (Mind you, the boy later turns out to be a secret agent of the Dark Kingdom... d'oh...)

In recent times, a nosebleed in a girl has become the equivalent of the proverbial "gun in the pocket" for a guy: a way to tell if she's feeling turned on. Thus, Chiaki's nosebleeds are very revealing. No matter what she says, her reaction to Harumi's boobs is a sexual reaction. Mind you, she probably hasn't realized it herself, the big dork.

To reply you must either login or sign up.