Forum › A Socially Awkward Girl Got Kissed By A Kouhai She Never Talked To Once Before -After- discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

also, dont make mistakes, "god" is Madoka :v

No let's not bring our beliefs into this again.

Arguing about religion never ends well.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I can see this being how the woman in "My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness" sometimes looked to other people.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

It just reminds me of all the loser hikkikomori NEETs in real life and in fiction, especially those asshole self-insert fantasy male MCs who get transported to some fantasy RPG world to save it, and have a harem fall in their laps because otaku wish fulfillment.

How dare they dream of a better life where anxiety and/or depression wouldn't be plaguing their lives. It'd be like a world where girls who love girls could find others like them without being rejected non-stop because most of them are straights in real life.. oh wait :3.

Matter of perspective of course, I admit harem animes are annoying, I'm a bit more clement towards social rejects or loser, or wish fulfillment in general. Just like the MC, she clearly has confidence and anxiety issues and don't know how to deal with them because of Japan philosophy, I guess. That said, being depressed or a loser doesn't mean you won't be an asshole in the end, just watch Tomoko from Watamote.

Which allow me to do a transition towards the aforementioned story. Now, it's mostly yuribait or very close friendship - or the usual Tomoko experiencing/getting off female skinship. But as mentioned, there is one character that is going full yuri stalker that provides for sweet funny moments. The cringe level is low for a lot of chapters now, but always remember : it's only fiction.

If "dreaming of a better life where anxiety and/or depression wouldn't be plaguing their lives" = "a world where I can accidentally fall into some girl's titties and peak on her in the bath and she'll fall in love with me despite myself being a huge asshole, and then this same thing happens several times over", then they deserve to have insomnia. Racists dream of a world where they can abuse minorities, too, doesn't make their dreams any less palatable. Otakus aren't just social rejects for no reason, they have a tendency to spiral into a cycle of despising normies, women, whatever. Declining birthrates, stagnant economies, Japanese stoicism all might explain why it happens so much, but it hardly justifies the world of, say, idol obsession.

Not to mention that such wish fulfillment fiction psychologically does the opposite of what it should be saying since like the OP said, the message is usually "if you waste your life playing games and then get hit by a car, you'll end up the fated hero in an RPG world with tons of women fawning over you!" which is, uh, not quite how it goes in the real world, so far as we know, at least. My Hero Academia is also wish fulfillment but, despite some mixed messages, still tries to convey the much healthier notion that "it isn't what gifts you were born with, it's about using what you do have and trying to be better". Wish fulfillment like this completely downplays the agency of the poor social reject and instead makes it all about the very society that shunned them to just magically forgive them and start flipping the dynamic to serve them for no reason.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This seems to be headed into some very strange places, so I'll caution people now to bring the conversation back to the chapter at hand, rather than some larger meta dissection of Japanese media/society.

Thanks much.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Awkwarddddddddd...........

Hmmmm

Don't tell me this story gonna end just like that... There has to be another chapter!

Cx1o7fdveaadzpu.jpg%20large
joined Apr 24, 2017

also, dont make mistakes, "god" is Madoka :v

No let's not bring our beliefs into this again.

Arguing about religion never ends well.

I agree

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Everybody who has ever worked has thought, "I'd rather be at home right now" while they were having a bad day. Calling a character a loser and and an asshole for their INNERMOST THOUGHTS while being yelled at by their boss is kinda silly.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

It just reminds me of all the loser hikkikomori NEETs in real life and in fiction, especially those asshole self-insert fantasy male MCs who get transported to some fantasy RPG world to save it, and have a harem fall in their laps because otaku wish fulfillment.

How dare they dream of a better life where anxiety and/or depression wouldn't be plaguing their lives. It'd be like a world where girls who love girls could find others like them without being rejected non-stop because most of them are straights in real life.. oh wait :3.

Matter of perspective of course, I admit harem animes are annoying, I'm a bit more clement towards social rejects or loser, or wish fulfillment in general. Just like the MC, she clearly has confidence and anxiety issues and don't know how to deal with them because of Japan philosophy, I guess. That said, being depressed or a loser doesn't mean you won't be an asshole in the end, just watch Tomoko from Watamote.

Which allow me to do a transition towards the aforementioned story. Now, it's mostly yuribait or very close friendship - or the usual Tomoko experiencing/getting off female skinship. But as mentioned, there is one character that is going full yuri stalker that provides for sweet funny moments. The cringe level is low for a lot of chapters now, but always remember : it's only fiction.

If "dreaming of a better life where anxiety and/or depression wouldn't be plaguing their lives" = "a world where I can accidentally fall into some girl's titties and peak on her in the bath and she'll fall in love with me despite myself being a huge asshole, and then this same thing happens several times over", then they deserve to have insomnia. Racists dream of a world where they can abuse minorities, too, doesn't make their dreams any less palatable. Otakus aren't just social rejects for no reason, they have a tendency to spiral into a cycle of despising normies, women, whatever. Declining birthrates, stagnant economies, Japanese stoicism all might explain why it happens so much, but it hardly justifies the world of, say, idol obsession.

Not to mention that such wish fulfillment fiction psychologically does the opposite of what it should be saying since like the OP said, the message is usually "if you waste your life playing games and then get hit by a car, you'll end up the fated hero in an RPG world with tons of women fawning over you!" which is, uh, not quite how it goes in the real world, so far as we know, at least. My Hero Academia is also wish fulfillment but, despite some mixed messages, still tries to convey the much healthier notion that "it isn't what gifts you were born with, it's about using what you do have and trying to be better". Wish fulfillment like this completely downplays the agency of the poor social reject and instead makes it all about the very society that shunned them to just magically forgive them and start flipping the dynamic to serve them for no reason.

Oh, my God! Could you imbeciles shut the hell up and just enjoy the goddamn story? Take your existential bullshit someplace else, you idiots!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Whatcha cooking, Mr. Konami Peppler? :)

I dunno, I'm still wondering if Mochi has been influenced by the take down of white executive perverts in America, but I hear that Japan (like America) mainly pays attention to news about their own country.

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 12:41AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Let's all be honest here, everyone in the world would rather play games or do whatever they want everyday...but that's certainly not possible in a world like this, anyway I like watching those anime so I can watch someone fulfill my dreams for me, especially when my dreams are impossible...so I wouldn't find it crazy to just want to play games all day and wouldn't be surprised at all if a socially awkward person would rather stay home all day

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Poor, poor Sako.

Being yelled like that is horrible. And for someone with social anxiety must be pure hell. Not like I would know about that. Of course not. Not at all.

I can relate with her a lot. Too many times I also thought "Screw this. I want to go home and play games." But life is hard and unfair, and without the money from work there's not games, or home.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Oh, my God! Could you imbeciles shut the hell up and just enjoy the goddamn story? Take your existential bullshit someplace else, you idiots!

I'll enjoy the story just fine without you insulting me. I'm only refraining myself to do so as well because I'm not completely sure that it was directed at me. But if it is, I guess I'll have to consider you to be of as much value as the digestive rejects of my dear dog.

Otherwise, have a nice day!

last edited at Dec 23, 2017 8:08PM

joined Jul 23, 2014

so, probably sako has those thoughts about tachibana 'cause it's implied that her being yelled at it's common, so of course it would make sako dislike tachibana

also, the "socially awkward girl" in the title it's kinda there for something

joined Apr 24, 2015

I'm totally rooting for tachibana and the senpai. Way more potential for COMEDIC moments and they look good together

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

This, for some reason, made me laugh so hard XD

8034bc385f0c00663720a19b79f26e8c
joined Jul 27, 2018

there was the same girl of the i'm in love with a girl 8 years younger than me in the background

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

joined Sep 13, 2018

The big harem girl

To reply you must either login or sign up.