Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Ok now i know about that upper arm thing

Unnamed%20(1)
joined May 12, 2015

What if your upper arms are toned? Does it still apply?

joined Jun 27, 2017

Do we need to be told every chapter they are secretly dating? I understood that the first 17 times they said it.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Hmm. Perhaps we'll get a sudden " the two of us are lovers but now the whole school knows"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Do we need to be told every chapter they are secretly dating? I understood that the first 17 times they said it.

And that theme song for Gilligan’s Island—did we really need to be told they went on a “three-hour tour” every damn time?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

The stranger part is that the author has written the whole "Nanoha and Chidori are dating, but it's a secret from everyone" differently almost every time. The sentence order or grammatical structure changes from chapter to chapter, often in minor or subtle ways. I'm not sure if it's deliberate or has any significance, except that when it's "Nanoha and I" or "Chidori and I" it indicates that we're getting a chapter more from one character's POV.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The stranger part is that the author has written the whole "Nanoha and Chidori are dating, but it's a secret from everyone" differently almost every time. The sentence order or grammatical structure changes from chapter to chapter, often in minor or subtle ways. I'm not sure if it's deliberate or has any significance, except that when it's "Nanoha and I" or "Chidori and I" it indicates that we're getting a chapter more from one character's POV.

I read it as being (obviously) like Yamada’s “Kase-san is beautiful in a boyish way, but cooler than any guy” line—just a verbal leitmotif connecting the episodes, not an effort to impart new information to regular readers.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I did try if it felt the same too lol
How can this manga increase its cuteness every new chapter. It's criminal!

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

No means no, ladies. Stop groping her arm boobs.

I don't mind the whole "we're secretly lovers" shtick, it's kind of a nice introduction to the chapter. It does kind of suck the chapters are short, and it tends to take up a few panels, but whatever. Still overflowing with the cuteness.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

No means no, ladies. Stop groping her arm boobs.

I for one will never look at arms the same way again.

I love it that Chidori is the reserved one but seems far more current on the lewd stuff than Nanoha.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Ok but, do you know they're secretly dating??! :o
I was in shock when they told me that!

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

At first, I thought the upper arm was a metaphor for breasts ...
Turns out I was right.

last edited at Aug 29, 2018 9:16PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Freud would be proud.

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

My breast are softer than my upper arms so that's just a myth

I've learned that in Japanese works (probably Asian in general but my exposure to mainland popular culture has been much less) "they say" is basically shorthand for "arbitrary bullshit being taken as gospel for no obvious reason."

Gets downright weird in more dramatic stories where characters routinely base plans with much at stake - anything from someone's life to the fate of the world - on such usually totally unsourced hearsay and superstition; though being rather cynical I'm inclined to suspect lazy and uninspired writing is often at play in those cases...

OH, so basically, myths literally everywhere in every country.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

mmm... as of today 700 yen are equivalent to 6-7 USD

How the hell is that a lot a money?

Non-amerifats don't get a lot of money. My allowance back in highschool was equivalent to only 2 US dollars a day. That's already a lot for us kids. We belonged to a family of doctors so we were far from poor but our father wants us to be disciplined with money.
I did get an increase of an equivalent of 56 US dollars a week in college though.

As someone from the United States, my allowance started at $5 a week, and then it was increased to $10 a week at the start of junior high school. When I was old enough to work (16) my allowance was stopped and I haven't received any since.

uh kids in america don't generally get a lot either lol. i got 10$ a MONTH as a kid, and now my 11 yr old also gets the same, while his younger 9 yr old brother gets 5. while i want them to know rewards for their hard work (they have to do chores for that money, it isn't free) i also want them to understand that regardless of whether you get a reward or not, you should still work hard at what you're told to do, and that this is their house also so they need to help maintain it.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I for one will never look at arms the same way again.

I love it that Chidori is the reserved one but seems far more current on the lewd stuff than Nanoha.

You know what they say, arms are the boobs of the limbs.
I get the impression that she spends a fair deal of her time online researching "how two girls have sex." Strictly because she thirsts for knowledge, though.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

mmm... as of today 700 yen are equivalent to 6-7 USD

How the hell is that a lot a money?

Non-amerifats don't get a lot of money. My allowance back in highschool was equivalent to only 2 US dollars a day. That's already a lot for us kids. We belonged to a family of doctors so we were far from poor but our father wants us to be disciplined with money.
I did get an increase of an equivalent of 56 US dollars a week in college though.

As someone from the United States, my allowance started at $5 a week, and then it was increased to $10 a week at the start of junior high school. When I was old enough to work (16) my allowance was stopped and I haven't received any since.

uh kids in america don't generally get a lot either lol. i got 10$ a MONTH as a kid, and now my 11 yr old also gets the same, while his younger 9 yr old brother gets 5. while i want them to know rewards for their hard work (they have to do chores for that money, it isn't free) i also want them to understand that regardless of whether you get a reward or not, you should still work hard at what you're told to do, and that this is their house also so they need to help maintain it.

Talkin bout allowance, I've lived in Texas my whole life and the only thing I had close to an allowance was my grandma giving us 20$ for Easter every year. That was it.

And we did chores too. We weren't rewarded, it was "good job, you did what we told you to do."

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

thank god they redrew their fortunes. i can't have aaaaangst and drama in this piece of art

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

KISS ALREADY, YOU USELESS LESBIANS

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

I love this Manga. Its so cute and i really like this Art Style xd

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

KISS ALREADY, YOU USELESS LESBIANS

Ha, ha, yes. I'd love to see just one episode where they are at home, doing a sleep over or something, where they know no one else will see them and they can just cut loose and be all cutesy lovey-dovey.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Would have been a great time to kiss. WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT TIME TO KISS!!!!

joined Jul 26, 2016

[intense dissapoint]

And getcher mind outta gutter Nanyoha - actually nowait, hold on to that thought...

joined Aug 22, 2016

I’m starting to wonder if the “secretly dating” line in each chapter is meant to be ironic.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hokuto posted:

I’m starting to wonder if the “secretly dating” line in each chapter is meant to be ironic.

I try not to read it XP I know it's cause it would be easier for newcomers to pick it up and understand but at this point it gets annoying

To reply you must either login or sign up.