Forum › Sheep and Ice Cream (Latter Part) discussion

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

read latter part

still got the story

yey

joined Aug 28, 2016

It's hard not to sympathize with Chiaki at least a little bit after that ending.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

There's always a sad and happy feeling with love triangles. Unless the person left out meets someone new before we see the ending.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I loved this. I really liked how aware everyone was about their feelings and actions. They handled everything really maturely. I don't forgive Chiaki for what she did in ch 1 but she did redeem herself here. But seriously Youko and Hono really are perfect for each other. They're both totally the worrywart types and are on each other's wavelength. No wonder why they got along so well in a short amount of time.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

That was good, but I gotta say... If Chiaki decided to back away a little or even a lot from the other two, I woundn't blame her. I'm sure she would be happy for Hono and wishes for her happyness (I think she learnt her lesson after that blunder she pulled off last chapter), but if the heartbreak is too much to bare she has the right to move away from the pain and end things with Hono peacefully without any resentment towards her... She took a risk kissing Hono, she must be prepared to face the consequence of not being able to be near the person you love anymore because of how she (Chiaki) might feel afterwards. That's how the persue for love is.

Sometimes seeing someone you love deeply with someone else might prove to be too much and, even though you still cherish that person, they already found their joy, so you have the right to look for your own. But if you want a wound to heal, you must stop poking it and that doesn't mean you can't end things on good terms.

I would like very much to see a love triangle work where the one rejected still wishes the best for the other pair, but decides to pull away to heal and look for love someplace else.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

There's always a sad and happy feeling with love triangles. Unless the person left out meets someone new before we see the ending.

or we get the polyamory ending

I don't know, being with more than one person at a time seems kinda weird and unnatural for me, but if it's your thing I don't mind

Hmmm but I just realized I would like the harem ending for Watamote, I guess for these type of serious manga a polyamory ending would just seem like the easy way out to me

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

As love triangle stories go, this one was pretty well done.

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

That was good, but I gotta say... If Chiaki decided to back away a little or even a lot from the other two, I woundn't blame her. I'm sure she would be happy for Hono and wishes for her happyness (I think she learnt her lesson after that blunder she pulled off last chapter), but if the heartbreak is too much to bare she has the right to move away from the pain and end things with Hono peacefully without any resentment towards her... She took a risk kissing Hono, she must be prepared to face the consequence of not being able to be near the person you love anymore because of how she (Chiaki) might feel afterwards. That's how the persue for love is.

Sometimes seeing someone you love deeply with someone else might prove to be too much and, even though you still cherish that person, they already found their joy, so you have the right to look for your own. But if you want a wound to heal, you must stop poking it and that doesn't mean you can't end things on good terms.

I would like very much to see a love triangle work where the one rejected still wishes the best for the other pair, but decides to pull away to heal and look for love someplace else.

I do agree that the person who loses should find their own, and sometimes should separate for the best, but I don't think it's always that way. I've been through something like this before, and while it is hard, I still wish them the best, and still support them on a daily basis. I think part of it is learning get to move on, but time heals all wounds, and eventually, you'll find someone else.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So that damn childhood friend redeemed herself a little. I still think they are largely cancerous and shouldn't be trusted.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

While I root for the yuri ending, this one struck me as too much of a "false dilemma." Cute, but not very satisfying.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Life is suffering xDD

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Life is suffering xDD

Indeed.

Fox
joined Jun 13, 2017

or we get the polyamory ending

I don't know, being with more than one person at a time seems kinda weird and unnatural for me, but if it's your thing I don't mind

Hmmm but I just realized I would like the harem ending for Watamote, I guess for these type of serious manga a polyamory ending would just seem like the easy way out to me

Ending with a polyamorous hook-up is a rather convenient solution to a love triangle, but I find that exploring an on-going polyamorous relationship would frequently make for much more complex and novel character dynamics than the typical "choose one" development.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The "wishy-washy" Youko made the first confession, boldly and plainly. And she won out over the childhood friend.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I like how this addressed that it is an issue to string someone along and just hope that it never changes. Not as selfish as forcing a kiss on someone and giving them an ultimatum, but still selfish.

But all's well that ends well.

joined Aug 23, 2018

You're last paragraph talking about someone moving away from the situation to heal but wishes the best to the other pair, that's what I took away from the ending of this. I think the ending is bittersweet in that Chiaki and Hono friendship won't be the same, sure Hono has got the girl but lost a close friend in the process.

The last time we see Chiaki with tears in her eyes and looking down after Hono ask's if they can still be friends, for my opinion just tells things won't ever be the same between them. I just think for Chiaki's sake moving herself away from Hono is the best thing for her. Maybe over time Chiaki and Hono can be friends again. But I found the end more sad then a happy one. It seems I'm the only one who thought that.

last edited at Dec 11, 2018 3:24AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Nice story. Glad I got to read both parts. :)

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

A little weird that after Chiaki admitted she has no impulse control Youko entrusted her with a secret. If I were Hono I wouldn't want to be alone with Chiaki ever again. Nonetheless, a great story.

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

See if we just talk things out instead of drawing our own conclusions, we could have a happy ending. Now I just need to be more like Chiaki!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Fun fact: I found this again today, after five years, was casually reading it, and had completely forgotten that I'd been the one who cleaned/typeset it until I saw this f***ing panel (and its ridiculous amount of sfx)

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Also, this part was traumatic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.