Forum › Happy Nest discussion

20180801_183554
joined Oct 7, 2017

Liked it a lot. Art is nice. And lol, Yuka given into gay so easily xD

Also found a mistake:
Yuka was popular with guys for 24 years... https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_nest#14
...but she is 22 years old https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_nest#48

I read it as an insult, like she's saying that the playgirl has been lacking in popularity for 24 years.

20180801_183554
joined Oct 7, 2017

Liked it a lot. Art is nice. And lol, Yuka given into gay so easily xD

Also found a mistake:
Yuka was popular with guys for 24 years... https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_nest#14
...but she is 22 years old https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_nest#48

I read it as an insult, like she's saying that the playgirl has been lacking in popularity for 24 years.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Seriously, Amemiya is such a scum.. I with MC would fall for a better person...

Why do people hate on sexually promiscuous women, just because they love freely. This 2018, damnit women have just as much, of a right to sexual expression as men.

NO, nonono don't twist my words, I don't hate people who sleeps around, I hate people who plays with other person's feelings... She hurt the girl that rainy day, she made up some lie about having a girlfriend to get rid of her, she was playing around WITH HER. That's different than sleeping around while you make clear that you have no girlfriend nor want any sort of relationship. I mean, the way she just used and got rid or people when she didn't need them anymore (like the girl who accompanied her and she used her as a bait) shows us how she doesn't give a fuck about anyone but herself.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 4:25AM

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

would be better with more chapters right? ._.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

NO, nonono don't twist my words, I don't hate people who sleeps around, I hate people who plays with other person's feelings... She hurt the girl that rainy day, she made up some lie about having a girlfriend to get rid of her, she was playing around WITH HER.

Huh, we know literally nothing about that situation. She says they had sex once, and when she turned her down afterwards, that Rainy Girl didn't believe her. How's that playing with her feelings? She's made up the girlfriend to be clearer that there's no chance for her ... playing with her would have been stringing her along for a while in the hope of sleeping with her again or something.

Of course, we don't know anything about what ultimately lead to them having sex in the first place, which is the crucial part.

So, IMO seems weird to judge her for that.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I like confident women, but I just can't stand characters who get everything they want with little to no effort or consequences. It's a one-shot, so I can't be all that upset, but... c'mon.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Well, if you're an adult you turn people down properly. You don't make up something to make clear she doesn't have a chance, you fucking act your age and tell them straight they don't have a chance. I don't fancy lies... why lie in the first place? If she had a girlfriend why would she have had sex with her, of course the other girl wouldn't believe it. You don't lie if you're not doing something bad, the "I can't because I have a girlfriend at the moment" is so ambiguous and it still leaves the other party with a little hope, like "they could break up soon" (I mean if she sleeps around having a girlfriend then the relationship has no future).

I agree that in this case we don't have much information, maybe if this ever has a continuation it will probe me wrong and she was a good girl and whatever.. but if it's just a one-shot and it ends here, then I have the right to make my own conclusions.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 5:20AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, if you're an adult you turn people down properly. You don't make up something to make clear she doesn't have a chance, you fucking act your age and tell them straight they don't have a chance.

The way I read that bubble is that she lied after turning her down and that didn't work out. It feels to me that Rain Girl was the type who listened to "it's only a one night stand!" and then next morning decided that wanted more and wasn't listening to what Player Girl had made clear anymore ...

I mean, I understand she's not the most sympathetic protagonist, but at the very least her love interest knows what she's getting into. She's never attempted to hide who she is to her. She's been a little manipulative ... but none of it felt particularity sinister to me. All her roommate had to was to say "No, not interested." If she had wanted to ;)

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 5:38AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Symphogeah posted:

Seriously, Amemiya is such a scum.. I with MC would fall for a better person...

Why do people hate on sexually promiscuous women, just because they love freely. This 2018, damnit women have just as much, of a right to sexual expression as men.

She hurt the girl that rainy day, she made up some lie about having a girlfriend to get rid of her, she was playing around WITH HER.

We can safely assume Satsuki flirts and have sex, but never go beyond it and it all stays physical. Rain girl most likely go so into her, after sex she wanted to date her, so Satsuki obviously refused, but rain girl was charmed so much she didn't listen and was sure if she will be insistent enough, Satsuki will give in. Most likely she fallen for her hard and become completely obsessive not being able to accept it was just a 1 time thing. So she kept nagging Satsuki and eventually stalked her to her home. Satsuki clearly said she rejected her, even went as far as to lie she has girlfriend so she can't date her, but it seemed to not be enough. So she figured, if she really show her she has one, it should sink in and girl will give up so she asked Yuka to pretend.

I mean, the way she just used and got rid or people when she didn't need them anymore (like the girl who accompanied her and she used her as a bait) shows us how she doesn't give a fuck about anyone but herself.

Again, she clearly said she was out with friend and just took this route in hopes Yuka will see them and get jealous. In this case we actually have no reason to assume this girl was next girl Satsuki played with. So when Yuka came, she could easily say she had arrangement with Yuka and split with her friend, since it wasn't like she promised her sex or anything. They were probably just out shopping or something. In fact her friend would probably know Satsuki is a player and immediately realized what was up with Yuka, so she wouldn't mind Satsuki leaving her.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Sluts defending another slut how distasteful

Nothing wrong with being a slut, in the sense of having a lot of sex.

While I don't have any problem with this manga in general (I thought the MC was cute) if you toy with people while sleeping around, then yeah you're a bad person. But having a lot of sex isn't a bad thing.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 10:04AM

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

well... okay...as long as Satsuki stops bringing other girls home after this then I am fine I guess... I swear I spent the whole story admiring Yuka's cuteness and enjoying her tsun tsun attitude rather than following the plot slash relationship development lmao. She blushes every other pages, haha so cute >.<

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 10:47AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

höhö and all the other girls were juuuuust friends, too. :P

joined Aug 22, 2016

Sadly there is some slut shaming and condemning of sexual females in this discussion. Yuka once dated a lot wanting to find her view of a perfect guy for her, but she began spending her nights in a manga cafe and gave up dating after presumably being hurt by a guy that she was serious about, but he wasn't so serious about her. Not once is there any indication that Yuka sleeps around with just anyone.

Satsuki does have a lot of transient relationships which is something not to be shamed. It is no personal business of mine how many people another sleeps with. I only care that those who enjoy and seek out multiple relations do so with respect and emotional responsibility which leads to my issue with Satsuki.

I do not think she is as clear with those she has relationships with as she could or should be. The first girl we saw understood the situtation, but the second that arrived at the apartment clearly had some misunderstandings. I do not believe the second girl was a stalker as we see that Satsuki brings girls back to her apartment, the second girl would know where she lives, and this was the first time she came after Satsuki. Turn the second girl into the protag of a romcom or romantic drama and many would be rooting for her to get the player to settle down. Make her a stalker and the Yandere fetish would show up in discussion. Sleeping with a woman and then saying she has a girlfriend really isn't convincing of anything. I don't blame the second girl for finding Satsuki's excuse suspect.

One thing I do like Satsuki for is that she makes it clear to Yuka that she doesn't keep girlfriends because she knows it wouldn't be right to have one and play around at the same time. She isn't out to hurt anyone, but eventually someone got the wrong idea because I don't think she is as clear with her intent as she should be. That said, I do think Satsuki is honest in her desire to date Yuka and only Yuka. To date Yuka and continue to sleep with others would violate the very reason Satsuki doesn't keep a girlfriend.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 2:56PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_nest#35 middle panel, what exactly is this ? hands ?

Yep. They're holding hands.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Satsuki is kinda hot, sure, but it seems like falling for her would be a very bad idea…

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I'm not very fond of Satsuki. But I blame the lack of fleshing her out. So far she only seems like a player who saw making Yuka fall for her as another one of her games.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think Rain gal might be one of those people who can't separate sex from love. They think even a casual sexual encounter means they've found their soul mate. Sadly I've seen it before. They would let themselves get picked up at clubs, have a one night stand, then suddenly start planning their wedding. It usually ends in tears. But, they would be right back at it in a couple weeks. No lesson learned.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I didn’t really like this story, it felt like Satsuki saw Yuka as more of a challenge than anything...

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I didn’t really like this story, it felt like Satsuki saw Yuka as more of a challenge than anything...

You could interpret Satsuki like that, but I choose to see the beginnings of a beautiful relationship.

les-behonestguys
joined Jul 3, 2017

it would've been better if the playgirl was the one who fell head over heels instead

Do we have any good stories like that here? Something where the confident player gets all flustered and loses her mojo would be fun!

This story, tho..I think I liked it. The flirting was really nice.

Maybe this story sounds about right for what you are looking for http://mangakakalot.com/manga/just_right_there

joined Mar 11, 2018

saw the tags no thanks

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

saw the tags no thanks

Keep us posted.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

You could interpret Satsuki like that, but I choose to see the beginnings of a beautiful relationship.

Praise that my friend praise.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I just felt bad for the ex. I'd much rather Yuka get together with her than Satsuki.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ColdGoldLazarus posted:

I just felt bad for the ex. I'd much rather Yuka get together with her than Satsuki.

She wasn't ex though. She was just one of girls Satsuki had sex with.

To reply you must either login or sign up.