Forum › Chevaliere discussion

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

LMAO that was SUPER fun, I'm literally laughing out loud, they just need develop more that marriage of previous chapter and I'll be on aboard the hype train!

joined Aug 31, 2015

why calling her "Cerisier"(french) ? why not just let "Sakura" ? for me reading sakura is more cool than "ceriser". Hum but i think we'll see a lot of feet weird position in this manga.

Get a wife just like that ? lucky you.

Because for a Japanese reader, a French word is a lot cooler than a bland "Sakura".

A shame, they barely miss the mark, as Cerise is a legit first name but not Cerisier. Same with Jasmine.

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Cerisier is my fantasy game spirit animal. Its all about fancy armor and weapons for me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

She will become a knight, and then war will start with the Germans, with her agility with the long sword she will be send to the front and become a berserk feared through the whole nation know as blood red sakura... During the final battle, she will say "Is almost over, once I go back, I'll fulfill my dream of becoming a chef, I'll open a bakery" and the rest is spoiler

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 5:23PM

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

the loli with the demoman sword of tf2 ¡Claidheamh Mòr! LOL

Isn't that a Scottish greatsword though? Kirakira-kun is a German greatsword.

joined Jul 26, 2016

the loli with the demoman sword of tf2 ¡Claidheamh Mòr! LOL

Isn't that a Scottish greatsword though? Kirakira-kun is a German greatsword.

Then again the only thing marking Mòr-kun as having anything whatsoever to do with Scotland is plaid cover on the hilt which is about the sword equivalent of blackface for all it's worth. :P
Actual two-hander claymores looked more like this...

The odd thing about Kirakira-kun is that he's very much in the wrong century; the full Zweihänder was an early 1500s developement. That it's also manifestly an infantry weapon (specifically for shock action between pike squares) is of less importance since late-medieval knights fought even more routinely on foot than their forerunners and typically with polearms quite unusable on horseback.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So is this a prequel chapter? Or was the first chapter a flashforward one?

And should we keep Historical or replace it with Fake history?

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 7:50PM

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

The manga lost me when they show a little girl holding a god damn zweihänder

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Also, should this manga really be marked as ongoing when it ended back in 2016?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Also, should this manga really be marked as ongoing when it ended back in 2016?

Yes, the scanlation is ongoing. The "completed" status is supposed to tell you all the chapters are in the reader. It'd be confusing to have a "completed" series having chapters added all the time.

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 10:40PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

juanelric posted:

So is this a prequel chapter? Or was the first chapter a flashforward one?

And should we keep Historical or replace it with Fake history?

What do you mean by fake? :(

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ryu-chii posted:

Hum... that all funny and cute but but what I want to ask is why is that they wear japanese style uniform in the middle of 15h century in France? ? Why ? Someone explain me the logic here. And not even the people around find that weird.

Is that really what bothers you the most xD?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This is clearly historical.

I swear there's a mention, somewhere in my history manuals, of 14 years old Female Knights wearing Seifukus and wielding two handed sword with a single hand, gone on to fight the English out of France.

Yep, yep... anyone who says otherwise is just telling fake news.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ryu-chii posted:

Ryu-chii posted:

Hum... that all funny and cute but but what I want to ask is why is that they wear japanese style uniform in the middle of 15h century in France? ? Why ? Someone explain me the logic here. And not even the people around find that weird.

Yeah kinda bother me. I just like when thing have some coherence.

I meant, there is a lot more wrong stuff with it compare to japanese uniforms x3

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Frankly, that's pretty much what's saving it. It gets literally everything wrong, presumably not even trying, so you can just go "well, must be on purpose, basically." If it got 90% right but made those other stupid errors it'd just be bad. This way it's trashy fun ^^

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ryu-chii posted:

Ryu-chii posted:

Yeah kinda bother me. I just like when thing have some coherence.

I meant, there is a lot more wrong stuff with it compare to japanese uniforms x3

True , i've noticed , but this one is totaly out of context.

They got girls academy for knights I'm pretty sure japanese uniforms fit into it perfectly.

joined Jul 26, 2016

On the flipside the arms and armour are drawn remarkably accurately. Always nice to see an author who at least bothered to google some references instead of recycling Zelda/Dragon Quest visuals...

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

I hope that wife proclamation in the first chapter becomes more than a simple gag.

joined Jul 26, 2016

you can have girls academy for knights and having all the girls in armor only or military uniform or something else.

Only nobody wore armour all the time because it was bloody heavy, hot and uncomfortable (also noisy) and military uniforms as we understand them didn't become a thing until the 1600s (originally mostly to deter friendly fire and desertion) so, yeah.

Anyways, Cerisier is the only major offender in this regard. The others' outfits could actually make some claims to being "inspired by" (very) broadly period-appropriate clothing, miniskirts aside. (But then again...)

last edited at Jul 21, 2018 1:43AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

What's this? Nobody comments on the new chapter, released just a few days ago?

How can y'all be so cruel as to ignore such a cute manga???

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Ah yes, thinking of a cute girl when you're down and trying to sleep, truly the mark of someone who could be brought over to the yuri side.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nene posted:

Because most people weren't that impressed with that manga when first 2 chapters came out.

Captura
joined Feb 7, 2018

Chapter three is ok, the protagonist is OP and Jasmin is cute.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Nene posted:

Because most people weren't that impressed with that manga when first 2 chapters came out.

I think it's actually because the chapter wasn't added to the site until the 31st, as you can see here. The main page orders the chapters by when they were released by the scanlator, so it never appeared in the front page.

Anyway, I'm liking this, shame it (apparently) got axed.

Edit: I hope the author writes more stuff someday. If anything, her(his?) art style is nice.

last edited at Jun 3, 2019 7:17PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.