Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Wait, that's it?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Really sweet <3

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Part 2? … there's got to be at least part 2! If not more - actually a whole series more (yes, I know it's a cliched start but it's still cute).

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

Another non-yuri story, I see.

More like "yuri non-yuri" story, as I will lable these kind where the girl pretty much makes it obvious she has feelings for the other (and possibly vice-versa) but they NEVER MAKE IT CLEAR AUGH!

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I mean, it's still yuri imo even if the protagonist doesn't enter a relationship with the subject of her interest. It's pretty clear that the protag is a wlw.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I could be mistaken, but my understanding is:

• Girl loves another girl and admits it to herself = yuri

• Girl loves another girl but represses it even to herself = subtext

• Girl loves another girl and mostly keeps it to herself in a series where that love is a minor side issue and may never get developed = yuri crush

• Series where any of these categories overlap or are ambiguous = smoldering-to-vicious tag wars in the discussion threads.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

What does it all mean? What does it all mean?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

• Girl loves another girl and mostly keeps it to herself in a series where that love is a minor side issue and may never get developed = yuri crush

• Series where any of these categories overlap or are ambiguous = smoldering-to-vicious tag wars in the discussion threads.

I don't think so.

Author makes clear girl loves another girl = yuri

Author doesn't make clear girl loves another girl / writes that girl loves another girl between the lines = subtext

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Folks, please let's not start this all over again... pretty please?

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

I don't think so.

Author doesn't make clear girl loves another girl / writes that girl loves another girl between the lines = subtext

Agree.

A
joined May 24, 2013

Not every yuri manga needs to have explicit hand-holding. And the main character literally says "I love her". What more do you need?

joined Jul 23, 2017

WHAT?! THATS ALL?! のおおおおお (◍´ᯅ `◍)

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Sequel when :'(

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

I do that to people I really like. Never asking the whys. Always afraid of disrupting the status quo. Just secretly pining. Hence the relationship remains on the surface level

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alone_with_another#5
Sasaki looks incredibly cute in her uniform > <

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alone_with_another#8
Fin
What the - ?! Sigh I should've known better

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I don't think so.

Agree.

there are heavy implications that this one-shot is clearly Yuri , if there's a legit development in the sequel obviously.
until then, it's Subtext at best

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Sequel. Now.

joined Sep 11, 2014

I'm okay with works that ends with one of the girls realizing she's gay for another girl. The only problems are that this is a bit too short and the characters doesn't have much depth for the realization to have a really deep impact.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

If people see this as subtext, they clearly don't know what subtext is. These characters are not family, they are not friends, I don't even think they're really classmates. But the protag says, explicitly in text, "I love her." That, my friends, is not subtext. It doesn't need to be a physical expression of affection, and it does not need to be reciprocated. If you're looking for subtext, look at any of the major "yuri" series like K-On!, Final Fantasy XIII, and the like. They have heavy subtext, where characters are close and whose situations would be viewed as romantic if the characters were opposite sexes. This story, regardless of how satisfying the ending is or isn't, is yuri. I'd say we're rather fortunate to live in a day and age where there are enough yuri works to argue about whether or not it's gay enough. I used to be satisfied with shows like Kim Possible and Bleach, filling in the subtextual blanks with fanfiction.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

If people see this as subtext, they clearly don't know what subtext is. These characters are not family, they are not friends, I don't even think they're really classmates. But the protag says, explicitly in text, "I love her." That, my friends, is not subtext. It doesn't need to be a physical expression of affection, and it does not need to be reciprocated. If you're looking for subtext, look at any of the major "yuri" series like K-On!, Final Fantasy XIII, and the like. They have heavy subtext, where characters are close and whose situations would be viewed as romantic if the characters were opposite sexes. This story, regardless of how satisfying the ending is or isn't, is yuri. I'd say we're rather fortunate to live in a day and age where there are enough yuri works to argue about whether or not it's gay enough. I used to be satisfied with shows like Kim Possible and Bleach, filling in the subtextual blanks with fanfiction.

I wanted KP to be gay so bad, the amount of fanfic I read when I was younger. Her and her sidekick were such bros, it sucked when they forced them together as a couple. Now were blessed with cartoons that have actual gay characters and I love it (Steven Universe, Korra, keep them coming pleeease)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

The feels! (choke) (pound on chest) oh god, the feels!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sorry, it was perverse of me to post that in response to getting impatient with the constant posts in several discussion threads quibbling about what is and (mostly complaints that something) isn’t “yuri,” as if it were some kind of scientific determination, like a DNA analysis.

Especially where one girl says to herself, “I love her.”

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Eh, whether or not it's technically yuri doesn't have any bearing on the fact that I strongly dislike this kind of wholly inconclusive story. It's like someone wrote half a plot and then lost interest.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I like it. We tend to want stories with romantic development, confessions and the like, but how many of us have had first loves just like this? Especially if you're a girl who likes girls, first loves don't come as easily as in the stories.This story feels real to me, relatable even.

To reply you must either login or sign up.