Forum › Seifuku no Vampiress Lord discussion

joined Mar 15, 2017

WHY WOULD ANYONE CANCEL SUCH A PERFECT SERIES?! What sort of shit taste do these publishers have?!

It's nothing to do with the publisher's taste. It's whether people bought enough copies of it. Editors know they're having to cancel tons of good series.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

WHY WOULD ANYONE CANCEL SUCH A PERFECT SERIES?! What sort of shit taste do these publishers have?!

It's nothing to do with the publisher's taste. It's whether people bought enough copies of it. Editors know they're having to cancel tons of good series.

Burn all the heretics who didn't buy it! >:(

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Unfortunately not surprising, altogether.

Slow-paced with not much of a plot and not all that much character development, no action, no ecchiness, no male lead for the masses, but too many males for some purity-fags, some comedy, but not quite in current 4-koma gag style, art different from the typical current style, and the chapters are fairly long so it takes a bunch of magazine pages.

Admittedly, a bit more of a plot I wouldn't mind either ...

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

The idea of someone who is both a professional model and a mangaka is somehow way more fantastical than the whole vampire thing.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The idea of someone who is both a professional model and a mangaka is somehow way more fantastical than the whole vampire thing.

These things happen, for instance I'm an astronaut with 12 Ferraris and also a genius violinist-chess grandmaster.

last edited at Mar 16, 2018 8:24AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hahaha indeed.

Awww, got cancelled? I loved the art and the story :(

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Aside from the slow pacing and the let's call it simple art, I think the main problem this manga has is that there's really barely any complications or conflict at all. This is mainly because unlike most love stories, people actually talk things over as soon as there's a problem. Unless the problem just solves itself due to there not really being any downsides to vampirism here.

How is our heroine gonna get the girl?
Oh, it just kinda happens by itself a few chapters in.

Oh no, someone saw them make out/ suck blood!
Don't worry, they'll discuss it immediately after, clearing out any misunderstandings and she's fine with it now.

Oh no, what if she sucks too much blood, endangering Nana?
Don't worry, vampires only drink a little bit, so it can't really happen.

Oh no, she cheated on her girlfriend!
Don't worry, turns out Nana wants sort of an open relationship, at least when it comes to the blood drinking.

Oh no, what if she creates another vampire?
Don't worry, that's so rare that it won't be an issue that creates tension or anything.

And so on.
Don't get me wrong, it's great that people talk, but it really shows why both the drama and the romantic comedy genres depend on characters never really resolving their issues right away.

It doesn't help that the one and only complication here is that there's a risk that the heroine might end up living happily ever after forever with her waifu, who has no real character flaws and is so endlessly understanding that we know she wouldn't mind. Ooooh, the horror. The thrilling suspense.

I mean, I like it as a cute comedy love story, but it's really not good at being a supernatural drama as well, despite trying so hard.

last edited at Mar 16, 2018 9:31AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I mean, I like it as a cute comedy love story, but it's really not good at being a supernatural drama as well, despite trying so hard.

I don't think it's trying to be that at all. The sheer dismissive all characters immediately show at any sort of problem suggests to me this is done on purpose (and I mean, same author as Prunus Girl, they didn't just forget how to write "uncertainty" ... )

I don't even think that the points brought up need to change much (although that might not hurt either). But I do agree that there should be something to frame the events so far. Doesn't have to be relationship drama or even the typical sinister government organization or secret Vatican vampire hunters.

But, for example, there could be something about her dealing with the fact that everyone (except Nana) will die long before her. And it could be expanded on her figuring out what she wants to do with her immortality etc. That wouldn't even take anything away from the slice-of-life-ishness of the series.

Or maybe something about other vampires, or maybe there are other supernatural creatures around that can add a bit of "let's explore this new supernatural world I'm now part of" or whatever.

I do like the series - and the absence of a story is kind of part of that - but it might not have hurt having one either.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Foot, meet mouth. Hope you're comfortable living in it.

Also, missed that manga, glad to see it back. XD

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

why is rin a MAN in a yuri manga my favorite character XD

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Cancelled? A series this good?

Grab your crayons and colour me mad.

last edited at Mar 16, 2018 3:59PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

How dare an author write a relaxed, lightly comedic story with minimal drama that explores open lesbian relationships and plays with romance and harem tropes in clever, amusing ways.

...But yeah. I get that it's a very niche thing and probably doesn't push the kinds of numbers large publishers are looking for. So it isn't surprising to see something like this get axed.

I prefer to think of it in a more positive light, and appreciate how far the story managed to go.

last edited at Mar 16, 2018 4:05PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

If it doesn't try to be drama, why even introduce complications that are immediately solved, though? It's clearly trying to use the vampire thing to create tension several time, it's just bad at it.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

If it doesn't try to be drama, why even introduce complications that are immediately solved, though? It's clearly trying to use the vampire thing to create tension several time, it's just bad at it.

No it's not. Those issues were brought up explicitly to be subverted for the sake of comedy.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Atleast im not expecting the, breakneck, unmatched pace that the bananana yuri battle shounen manga went into when got cancelled, so it could be worse.

last edited at Mar 16, 2018 10:49PM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

God I love this manga. Makes me smile like an idiot every tine I read it. 15/10

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

What the hell? Seriously.... That's sucks ass.. But I'll love every last ounce out of it that I can.

last edited at Mar 18, 2018 10:40AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Ah, really loving this. The characters are hilarious and I actually love Yuu and Nana. So little drama in some ways, with Yuu immediately telling only Nana and everyone in the class already knowing they have the deepest friendship, and Nana being so emotionally savvy, but still, that jump from friendship to more is lovely.

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

What the hell? Seriously.... That's sucks ass.. But I'll love every last ounce out of it that I can.

Nope..It is not cancelled..It is already finish and has 3 volumes.. You can see the raws in Chinese sites but they are still updating and currently at Chapter 21..It just update yesterday..

last edited at May 14, 2018 4:40AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Nope..It is not cancelled..It is already finish and has 3 volumes.. You can see the raws in Chinese sites but they are still updating and currently at Chapter 21..It just update yesterday..

Phew that scared me for a sec

Images-1
joined Dec 3, 2016

where can I buy the first volume of this manga?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Usually I wouldn't say anything, but with this series being so unfortunately shorter than it should be ... that chapter was wasted! More yuri!

Untitled-1
joined Jun 11, 2013

update yay! And here I thought the series was canceled or something

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

"Stereotypical dramatic misunderstandings in romance? Oh no, I'm far too gay for that."

last edited at Jul 17, 2018 7:36AM

joined Jul 23, 2017

BEEN FOREVER FOR THE UPDATE (◍´ᯅ `◍)

To reply you must either login or sign up.