Forum › My Dead Boyfriend Came Back as a High School Girl discussion

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Awww, why is it always one-shot when it's good? like that Demons Harem.

Well the thing about one-shots is that, because they are short, the author can explore an idea as thoroughly as they feel like and plan it all out way easier. In serials, you need to worry about how to drag the story out for the entire run-time

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Wow something fresh I hope for more to come and Im not sure if heat is right both seem to be atleast lil bit gay

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Awww, why is it always one-shot when it's good? like that Demons Harem.

Well the thing about one-shots is that, because they are short, the author can explore an idea as thoroughly as they feel like and plan it all out way easier. In serials, you need to worry about how to drag the story out for the entire run-time

This is true. It's the good/bad thing about oneshots. They can give you such a good compact story that won't suffer from the problems series have, repetition, stretching out the plot, lackluster ending, etc. But even so, you can be left wanting more.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

I didn't like Kouhei using Haruka's body at all. It was wronf to use her body and try to have sex with his former lover even if she gave him her consent. She's clearly just too kind for her own good and in a way he took advantage of her kindness.

I personally would not call this a yuri one shot. The gf's feelings were solely for Kouhei and Haruka was only being nice and giving them what they wanted. I guess it's yuri in the technical sense where it's about two girls missing but definitely not in a romantic sense. In terms of romance and feelings it's only het.

joined Jan 10, 2017

I didn't like Kouhei using Haruka's body at all. It was wronf to use her body and try to have sex with his former lover even if she gave him her consent. She's clearly just too kind for her own good and in a way he took advantage of her kindness.

I personally would not call this a yuri one shot. The gf's feelings were solely for Kouhei and Haruka was only being nice and giving them what they wanted. I guess it's yuri in the technical sense where it's about two girls missing but definitely not in a romantic sense. In terms of romance and feelings it's only het.

You must be fun at parties.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Aww i want to see more! So much they can expand on. I saw this as a het beginning, but given enough time, there'll be a yuri end too. Poly for endgame :)

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

There needs to be a Yuri sequel where they fall in love.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

lololololol i never thought dynasty would be okay with a poly relationship that involves a guy in xD

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

Why isn't there a love triangle tag?

It's not a triangle when no one is being excluded.

Nah, it's a love triangle.
The relationship looks like this: Kouhei ↔ Minami ← Haruka
It's yuri since Haruka has unrequited feelings for Minami, but unrequited means it's not poly.

joined Jun 3, 2017

Reading it again, I think the mangaka intended to imply Kouhei and the girl are merging into the same person at the end. With the ahoge sticking up partway at the end, and earlier with her saying "I am your boyfriend. Kouhei-kun is me." The girl seemed to originally have sort of a non-personality before, oppressed by her parents.

... This is now my headcanon.

Does this count as a yuri ? 'cause it's quite confusing.

the last one was haruka. obviously.
n she did say "you're so cute minami-san
so it's subtext at best

No... this is 100% het.

How is it "100% het" when it's technically a gender-bender on the guy's part and the kiss at the end is heavily implied to have been with the girl in control of their shared body (i.e. implying she's developing lesbian feelings for Minami)?

Even ntr with 2 guys and 2 girls, is more yuri than this. This so called "shared" body seems like an excuse for the author to make it yuri like, even tho its heavily on het side with yuri as fan service. Feels like the author is thinking "oh well, as long there's 2 girls its yuri" tht sort of stuff you know, when the girl in this so called "shared" body Almost doesn't have background feeling for the straight girl. But somehow when the dude died it's it's happen that he's inside another girl body, and turn out that the girl also have a feeling for the dude girlfriend. No bro, just no.

Edit : https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_dead_boyfriend_came_back_as_a_high_school_girl#39
This is the only "yuri" u can get. No bro, this is het, maybe not 100% but 99.9% het.
Well, sorry if I trigger peoples who like this kind of stuff. But it's painful to me, I was expecting more "yuri".

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 7:29PM

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

At best it's should be subtext not yuri. How mater you look at it Minami is straight and love Kohei whatever he has a male or female body. She see him trough Haruka. And Haruka just let Kohei borrow her body because he help her with her parents. And the scene where they almost f*ck, it was on the heat of the moment, getting reunite with her beloved after one year.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

At best it's should be subtext not yuri.

You mean the subtext in which Haruka calls Minami cute after being kissed, then blushes and leaves with a spoken <3?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

You must be fun at parties.

Hahahaha. Good one.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

You people seem to be getting worked up over the yuri, and het tags. I don't know what's the big deal. personally I think, the story fits it's tags perfectly, but it's not worth arguing about.

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

You people seem to be getting worked up over the yuri, and het tags. I don't know what's the big deal. personally I think, the story fits it's tags perfectly, but it's not worth arguing about.

Well said, the one shot is causing more drama than a chapter of Citrus.

joined Jun 3, 2017

Cuz its misleading tag, the tag yuri shouldn't be used when there's barely any yuri in it. It's just feels like massive troll.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Cuz its misleading tag, the tag yuri shouldn't be used when there's barely any yuri in it. It's just feels like massive troll.

It's not a massive troll, and you're just overreacting to a tag used for a story which is hard to define with just tags.

It's not really 100% het, but it's not 100% yuri, outside of the little twist at the end. It's an interesting story that can't really be defined with either due to the unique aspects of the story, but is deserving of the tags for both the sake of helping users find it and narrowing down on the kind of things that go on in it.

Pointlessly saying again and again that you think this is ONE HUNDRED PER CENT HET is annoying, we get it, you wanted it to be gayer. Just drop it already.

joined Jun 3, 2014

Does this count as a yuri ? 'cause it's quite confusing.

the last one was haruka. obviously.
n she did say "you're so cute minami-san
so it's subtext at best

Nope, It's definitely Yuri, you can still see the ahoge when they tried to continue to have sex. Haruka is definitely GAY.

joined Jun 3, 2017

It's not a massive troll, and you're just overreacting to a tag used for a story which is hard to define with just tags.

It's not really 100% het, but it's not 100% yuri, outside of the little twist at the end. It's an interesting story that can't really be defined with either due to the unique aspects of the story, but is deserving of the tags for both the sake of helping users find it and narrowing down on the kind of things that go on in it.

Pointlessly saying again and again that you think this is ONE HUNDRED PER CENT HET is annoying, we get it, you wanted it to be gayer. Just drop it already.

Overreacting, maybe I am. But I read it cuz there's a tag, a tag that sould be helpig me as a user just like u said, but his is not what I was looking for? How is that not misleading? If there's another tag like yuri as twist or subtext or whatever, maybe it gonn help me as user to expect what I'm going to read.
Oh well, I might get banned for triggering a "staff"

joined Aug 16, 2014

But I read it cuz there's a tag, a tag that sould be helpig me as a user just like u said, but his is not what I was looking for? How is that not misleading? If there's another tag like yuri as twist or subtext or whatever, maybe it gonn help me as user to expect what I'm going to read.

Blacklist Het and Gender bender, problem solved.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Dginem posted:

Oh well, I might get banned for triggering a "staff"

I really don't get why people say shit like this. This sort of comment is literally asking for you to get banned.

joined Jan 7, 2018

I agree with @Dginem that yuri-tagging this might actually be misleading, the girl totally loves her boyfriend that she would fuck his soul in a body of a girl she just met even though she's totally straight (for now), maybe only Haruka is in love with Minami so, Yuri Crush at best?

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 10:38PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

I agree with @Dginem that yuri-tagging this might actually be misleading, the girl totally loves her boyfriend that she would fuck his soul in a body of a girl she just met even though she's totally straight (for now), maybe only Haruka is in love with Minami so, Yuri Crush at best?

From Yuri Crush description:

This tag [...] should not be used in any story with a yuri tag, nor as another name for one-sided love.

As far as Dynasty is concerned, one-sided love does not exempt the work from Yuri.

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 11:38PM

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Huh, interesting. It's cute :)

joined Jan 7, 2018

i see, so then Dynasty considers the yuri tag if the work contained at least one gay girl and that she's doing gay things to another girl, well i guess you could look at it that way. i guess it is fine, after all, the het tag can confirm that there must be straight girls or relationships and it may not be mutual yuri.

btw, i feel like i undetstand the yuri crush tag but at same time i don't, does it involve works that have a girl crushing on another girl but for some reason she never confesses or she's just fine with being friends or something?
and isn't there a tag for unrequited or one sided love? or is it just too much of a spoiler?

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 12:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.