Forum › My Dead Boyfriend Came Back as a High School Girl discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It seems simple enough to me. Forget the possible subtext, between Haruka, and Minami. Lets just look at the relationship between Kouhei, and Minami. Minami loves her boyfriend Kouhei, Het. Kouhei dies and comes back as a highschool girl, Gender Bender. Minami desides to love and accept Kouhei, in his(her) new form(As evidenced when Minami was willing to have sex with Kouhei),Yuri. MIC DROP

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

btw, i feel like i undetstand the yuri crush tag but at same time i don't, does it involve works that have a girl crushing on another girl but for some reason she never confesses or she's just fine with being friends or something?

Think of it for things like New Game and Non Non Biyori, works that aren't yuri or intended to be, but feature a character who is in love/attracted/wants to get down with another character. Things with a lesbian crush, but the lesbianism isn't a focal point.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Think of it for things like New Game and Non Non Biyori, works that aren't yuri or intended to be, but feature a character who is in love/attracted/wants to get down with another character. Things with a lesbian crush, but the lesbianism isn't a focal point.

but that means the crush has to be one-sided or like i said she never confesses for some reason, because if it was mutual then you clearly need to yuri-tag it.

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 12:48AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

but that means the crush has to be one-sided

Yeah.

or like i said she never confesses for some reason

Not necessarily. There are works out there that deal with onesided love, or focus on one sided crushes.

The tag is intended for works in which it is not the main focus of the manga, but is just an element of the series, like the two big examples given.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

okay, i understand now.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Does this count as a yuri ? 'cause it's quite confusing.

the last one was haruka. obviously.
n she did say "you're so cute minami-san
so it's subtext at best

No... this is 100% het.

yeah, that what i think too.

It's het, Minami is only in it for her boyfriend, I just can't get over that somehow
Kinda like "gay for pay" but it's "gay for dead boyfriend"

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 3:04AM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

If it helps, Haruka has an ahoge, Kouhei doesn't

Don’t know how I missed that the first time, they even exaggerated it going back and forth lol but yes it helped a lot

Whether it’s guy in girl possessed body or not it’s still girl kissing girl which equals yuri to me. Same as any other gender bender is considered

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 5:03AM

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

She got played in the last two pages it got me!

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

She got played in the last two pages it got me!

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

this art style looks really familiar, but i can't place my finger on who it reminds me of... it's not close enough to dowman sayman for me to mix them up, and going on this person's pixiv didn't help... hm

this is still pretty cute tho, even if it's technically het too (tho those parts are admittedly cute as well). yeah, at the end, very last panel, the high schooler has ahoge, so it's definitely haruka

Probably Suzuki Senpai's works. It's what the art reminded me of.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I think it's also kind of implied that Minami is fine with girls. I'm pretty sure the implication here is Kouhei loves Minami, but is stuck in Haruka's body, But Haruka is into girls and is fine with being Minami's "boyfriend" regardless of who has the reigns on her body at any given moment. So...it's gender-swap yuri paired with single body polyamory or possibly a yuri crush (Haruka on Minami).

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I want a 4th wall one-shot where the characters involved discuss these things. "We can't be together anymore!" "Why?!" "They wouldn't know how to tag this story! We might get confused with ordinary het shit!"

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Let's tag it yaoi then.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Why is it that people you’d expect to be OK with (or at least familiar with) the fluidity and ambiguity of genders and sexualities in real life become obsessive about rigid categories in fictional stories where authors are free to use fantasy/supernatural/imaginative elements to jumble those categories up even more?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

Why is it that people you’d expect to be OK with (or at least familiar with) the fluidity and ambiguity of genders and sexualities in real life become obsessive about rigid categories in fictional stories where authors are free to use fantasy/supernatural/imaginative elements to jumble those categories up even more?

Because het and men are evil and should be purge. Dynasty is safe space for yuri fans. Didn't you already learn it reading forum comments?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Threesome?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar posted:

Because het and men are evil and should be purge. Dynasty is safe space for yuri fans. Didn't you already learn it reading forum comments?

But can the soul of a formerly het man in the body of a high-school girl really be said to be an official het man?

I haven’t seen one of those “everyone in the school gets a humiliating public physical exam” scenes lately—maybe of those of those could clear up the confusion.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Does this count as a yuri ? 'cause it's quite confusing.

the last one was haruka. obviously.
n she did say "you're so cute minami-san
so it's subtext at best

No... this is 100% het.

yeah, that what i think too.

It's het, Minami is only in it for her boyfriend, I just can't get over that somehow
Kinda like "gay for pay" but it's "gay for dead boyfriend"

But Haruka is totally gay for Minami

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Well this was fun. Minami's mixed feelings don't seem to preclude banging a high school girl so much as concern about knowing who's precisely in control of the body at the time, which is... an interesting perspective. Fairly progressive, even. As for the other two, that's the sort of thing where I suspect over time Haruka and Kouhei would become more and more alike, eventually meeting in the middle.

Jesus, do I even want to know why this has so many comments? (Rhetorical; I'm sure that's a "no", even if I don't know what the shitstorm is this time.)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Because there are no tags irl. Except in passports. And everyone knows how much fuss is kicked off about those.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

But can the soul of a formerly het man in the body of a high-school girl really be said to be an official het man?

According to Dynasty forum, it counts. In fact you could say they are very progressive and still consider Kouhei as a full man despite being in body of a girl. It probably fails under transgender for them (or they despise men so much even just soul is enough to disgust them. Pick your poison).

I haven’t seen one of those “everyone in the school gets a humiliating public physical exam” scenes lately—maybe of those of those could clear up the confusion.

In what way exactly though?

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 1:46PM

Images%20(24)
joined Feb 11, 2015

WTF IS THIS A ONE SHOT

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ I was kidding. These are distinctions that cannot always be made with ironclad certainty, and I think the various attempts to do so can become fairly ridiculous. Sometimes the distinctions are clear cut, and sometimes they’re not, and this story is certainly one of the latter.

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 12:51PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

^ I was kidding.

Don't worry. I wasn't too serious either xP

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar posted:

^ I was kidding.

Don't worry. I wasn't too serious either xP

In fact, I started thinking up perverse blow-up-the-discussion-board story concepts about shape-shifting beings from another planet/dimension with no separate genders and who pair-bonded completely apart from reproduction and who were triggered into their pair-bonding by Japanese schoolgirl uniforms.

And intertwined fingers meant you were mated for life.

(Or wait—did Yoshitomi Akihito already do that one?)

To reply you must either login or sign up.