Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Jun 18, 2018

Yuzu is way too selfish on this one. She came out of the closet and forced Mei to do so. This isn't something you do for someone. This is a personal choice and even though it went very well, she shouldn't have done that.

Plus, she is forcing this relationship. Mei chose another path, and Yuzu doesn't respect that. Love doesn't justify all means. Let's imagine Mei is coming back to Yuzu, I don't think she will be thrilled AT ALL that Yuzu say all of those things.

The fact that everyone is supportive is great but I really don't like how it happened. This is either poorly written or it will backfire at Yuzu (and even though Mei had been hard on her, she would deserve it this time).

I find myself agreeing completely. Perhaps it is my extreme dislike of breaching other person's privacy, plus the meddling nature of it all, but I am unable to really support Yuzu's choices here. Outing your (technically) ex-lover to other people, who are her immediate family no less, is a really dick move. Sure, it went well, but that does not make it acceptable. Bonus points (in a negative manner) for doing it in order to enlist their help (or approval, at the very least) in an effort to go against Mei's personal choices. Do I think Mei made some poor decisions? Certainly, even though I understand her reasons. But those poor decisions are hers to make, Yuzu going against that is not really something I can root for.

And Shou pisses me off with the caring father act, as always. The Bohemian retard is the single most responsible culprit for Mei even being in this situation to begin with, if he wanted to appear all fatherly and shit, he should have done so years and years ago. And of course, meddling in his daughter's choices is apparently perfectly acceptable since her choice is to uphold the familial duty. If she decided to be an irresponsible hippie like him, I guess her decisions would have been respected then, the fucking hypocrite.

Wow, agree. Couldn't have said it better

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 1:01PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

page 31 has been replaced

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

We will never understand page 31 >.< "I told you, I'm not interested. See? It's just Yuzu-chan." gives it a totally different meaning from both of the previously attempted translations.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

We will never understand page 31 >.< "I told you, I'm not interested. See? It's just Yuzu-chan." gives it a totally different meaning from both of the previously attempted translations.

Oh my.

No, that was actually completely my fault, haha. I didn't even remember that Nene was freaking out about Harumin possibly meeting up with someone else other than Yuzu prior to this scene, LOL.

Yeah, the new translation is entirely correct. Basically, Nene wanted to tail Harumin and make sure she wasn't visiting a boyfriend or something, but Matsuri said there was no way Harumin would meet up with anybody other than Yuzu... although they follow Harumin anyway.

On page 31, Nene rejoices over seeing Harumin x Yuzu, and Matsuri basically just says "I told you so, it was just Yuzu-chan, lol."

Still, I'm positive Matsuri knew what was going on with the talk. :P

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 8:21PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

Hang on a sec...so was it Harumin or Matsuri that said ""I told you, I'm not interested. See? It's just Yuzu-chan." Who is not interested in what? Lord...

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Hang on a sec...so was it Harumin or Matsuri that said ""I told you, I'm not interested. See? It's just Yuzu-chan." Who is not interested in what? Lord...
Nene wondered what they were taking about and matsuri replied that's she's not interested

joined Feb 18, 2018

Thanks! Finally everything makes sense :D lol Seira, looks like HaruMatsu still sailing on.

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 9:04PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Thanks! Finally everything makes sense :D lol Seira, looks like HaruMatsu still sailing on.

Let it sail!

joined Dec 13, 2015

Yeah, Mei's passivity is really hurting the series at this point, I feel. I was a big defender of the "breakup through letter" move Mei pulled, because I felt it was both deeply in-line with Mei's character (yes, even her character growth) and also I'm a sucker for well-done angst lol. The tradeoff here, being, of course, that since Mei finally makes a move/her own decision with regards to ending their relationship (previously, I think, it was always Yuzu "calling the shots" and Mei more or less passively following her lead), then Mei has to win Yuzu back by making a move to repair their relationship. That Mei's been absent for so long takes away from the impact of her actually DOING shit (even if it was a breakup) and makes it seem like she returns to her previous passivity, which seems regressive.

And while I understand and appreciate following Yuzu's perspective, seeing and empathizing with the realism of how she gets over the breakup, again, the idea that we're just going to resort to a "Yuzu rallies friends, woos Mei back" is so fucking old lmao. I initially felt that Yuzu and Mei had made breakthroughs in their characterizations through the breakup, so for them to circle back to "passive" Mei and "will do anything to win back Mei" Yuzu is frustrating.

Whatever. At least Harumin and Matsuri remain fairly compelling as characters and a potential ship. Go HaruMatsu, I guess.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Yeah, Mei's passivity is really hurting the series at this point, I feel. I was a big defender of the "breakup through letter" move Mei pulled, because I felt it was both deeply in-line with Mei's character (yes, even her character growth) and also I'm a sucker for well-done angst lol. The tradeoff here, being, of course, that since Mei finally makes a move/her own decision with regards to ending their relationship (previously, I think, it was always Yuzu "calling the shots" and Mei more or less passively following her lead), then Mei has to win Yuzu back by making a move to repair their relationship. That Mei's been absent for so long takes away from the impact of her actually DOING shit (even if it was a breakup) and makes it seem like she returns to her previous passivity, which seems regressive.

And while I understand and appreciate following Yuzu's perspective, seeing and empathizing with the realism of how she gets over the breakup, again, the idea that we're just going to resort to a "Yuzu rallies friends, woos Mei back" is so fucking old lmao. I initially felt that Yuzu and Mei had made breakthroughs in their characterizations through the breakup, so for them to circle back to "passive" Mei and "will do anything to win back Mei" Yuzu is frustrating.

Could not agree more. I was gutted by the letter but felt it might be the start of something big in terms of a change in Mei's attitudes towards the relationship (and her life). And an opportunity also for Yuzu to gain some sense of perspective and learn to call Mei out on her sh*t rather than just being a lovesick puppy who needs help from everyone when there is trouble.

I mean, jeez I know they are teenagers, but needing that much "divine intervention" from friends is just...lame. So in 8 months, Yuzu never had the idea to go and confront Mei, and at least have minimum out of the box thinking like "hey maybe there is another way here"? Gawd.

In the end, it looks like the only real character development that ever happened was Matsuri turning into a mostly decent person for unexplained reasons (Harumin's influence maybe, or more bad writing!). And Sara accepting Nina thanks to Goddess Ichika lol

last edited at Jun 21, 2018 7:26PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

matsuri_wins

You know what? it's hopeless to explain to you, how Saburo Uta wanted to tell Mei's perspective in this arrange marriage arc.

Holy sh*t, you've been reading 30 chapters of Citrus and you still haven't figure out the reason why Mei is so "dutiful", she's doing all of this for the people close to her.

I don't know how many times Saburo Uta hinted that Mei didn't like how other people, namely her grandfather control her life. yeah, she wanted to inherit the academy but she never wanted the conditions along with it.

last edited at Jun 21, 2018 10:48PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

matsuri_wins

You know what? it's hopeless to explain to you, how Saburo Uta wanted to tell Mei's perspective in this arrange marriage arc.

Tell Mei's perspective by not showing her for half a year's worth of manga chapters? Lol I barely remember what she looks like anymore (jk).

Holy sh*t, you've been reading 30 chapters of Citrus and you still haven't figure out the reason why Mei is so "dutiful", she's doing all of this for the people close to her.

Chill. Let's agree to disagree.

In my opinion, a person's actions communicate who they are so I interpret the story the same way. Mei is doing these stuff because she puts her grandfather, family wealth and duties over Yuzu, friendship and love.

None of this is some sort of coincidence, it's who she is lol The letter was consistent with that. What else do you want me to think? Your idea that she left Yuzu, for Yuzu's benefit is like saying Shou left Mei for Mei's benefit. Of course not. Shou left Mei because he prioritized other stuff over Mei. Mei left Yuzu because she prioritized other stuff over Yuzu (and maybe rightly so, they are just teens after all and usually these romances don't even last).

last edited at Jun 22, 2018 12:45AM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

But it is true. Ever since she was a child he put pressure on her, telling her how much her father sucks and how he wants her to take over the academy and keep the "family tradition" (which is no tradition since he is the first one owning the school).

It isnt true. He didnt put pressure on her when she chose to stay behind when Shou decided to leave. Gramps didnt even raise her. Mei still lived in her dads house by herself. We have never heard of gramps opinion on Shou.

Actually, we have. Apart from saying that Shou is a failure (though he blames himself for it), this page also implies he did put at least some pressure on Mei, but I honestly do not think it was even needed, given Mei's personality. One thing Fipse missed, though, is that Shou, before his sudden "revelation", was also quite a strict person himself, and he too impressed upon Mei the importance of family legacy. I would even argue that his contribution was far more damaging, since his subsequent abandonment of those very same duties probably resulted in Mei being so stubborn about the whole thing, she feels she has to succeed where he failed, to fulfil those obligations in his stead.

But yeah, it is a common theme amongst the audience here, to 1) dismiss Mei's choices on the grounds of her upbringing; 2) blame everything on the grandfather; and 3) completely gloss over Shou's massive failures.

last edited at Jun 25, 2018 6:08AM

joined Jun 9, 2018

I like harumin!
A lot :·3

joined Feb 1, 2017

I really shouldn't have read the comment section..... I'm only up to chapter 36 and the comments are telling me that the next few chapters aren't going to turn for the better in anyway. I don't think I'd be able to handle these two breaking up, especially with how angsty the author is probably going to make it. I'm crying already from what occurred at the end of ch36. I think I'm going to drown from my own tears if I read further......
Help. I don't have the courage to continue... QAQ

last edited at Jul 5, 2018 10:50AM

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Meh, thats it...

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I really shouldn't have read the comment section..... I'm only up to chapter 36 and the comments are telling me that the next few chapters aren't going to turn for the better in anyway. I don't think I'd be able to handle these two breaking up, especially with how angsty the author is probably going to make it. I'm crying already from what occurred at the end of ch36. I think I'm going to drown from my own tears if I read further......
Help. I don't have the courage to continue... QAQ

Just keep reading. I have no idea why you'd look at comments before you're current with a series anyway. :)

joined Jul 2, 2018

I like harumin!

Let's hope she gets something better than fucking Matsuri, but it's too late to introduce and develop a new love interest for her. She's the one getting the shot stick in this!!!!

joined Jul 2, 2018

Also, raws are out. Got spoiled by them. Can't wait for the week or so left to read the whole chapter. I'm dying.

joined Feb 18, 2018

I like harumin!

Let's hope she gets something better than fucking Matsuri, but it's too late to introduce and develop a new love interest for her. She's the one getting the shot stick in this!!!!

Too late. Readers would riot. Also Matsuri is the only character in the series who is not brain-dead :P

last edited at Jul 12, 2018 4:15PM

joined Jun 18, 2018

Also, raws are out. Got spoiled by them. Can't wait for the week or so left to read the whole chapter. I'm dying.

Yesssss OMG I'm so excited to see that!!!!!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Well, It looks like I was right about Citrus ending in next 2-3 chapters. Preview from Yuri Hime says Chapter 41 is the final chapter.

joined Feb 18, 2018

LOL. Seriously? Jeez, all this drama for nothing. I bet they will have like one kiss scene at the end and that's it. HaruMatsu spin-off please, no more Mei.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Readers would riot. Also Matsuri is the only character in the series who is not brain-dead

Geez, matsuri-wins, you really know how to serve up a straight line. At the moment, I'm inclined toward,

"Matsuri is the only character in the series who has read Machiavelli."

But I'm still working on it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.