Forum › Anime season

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Has anyone seen Kase-san OVA released yesterday? The art quality was so good it gave me eyegasm.

I think most of us are waiting to see official English subs.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Has anyone seen Kase-san OVA released yesterday? The art quality was so good it gave me eyegasm.

The chances of it getting digitally licensed is pretty damn thin.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Yeah. I’ve already read the manga, so I was more interested in the art and animation. They’ve done such a good job. I can’t think of another yuri anime that got the same level of quality (not mentioning subtext and bait). The anime characters almost felt like they got designed by the same manga artist. Imo, the production team put the manga to life just the way it deserved.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Apparently, the BD already has English subs. They don't seem to be included in any of the rips so far, though.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Apparently, the BD already has English subs. They don't seem to be included in any of the rips so far, though.

Fan subs went up yesterday.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is anyone watching Hinamatsuri? I feel like the newest episode was so sweet that it doesn't matter what the anime or manga does afterward, I feel like it already reached it's peak in terms of character development and happy ending.
Seriously, Anzu is so sweet it made me feel warm inside... And you even get a I don't feel so good.jpg meme bonus.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Fan subs went up yesterday.

The americanised subs you mean.

I'm surprised no one else has subbed it yet.

joined Feb 21, 2018

The americanised subs you mean.

I'm surprised no one else has subbed it yet.

Not sure if you are being serious. The only thing "americanised" is the background dialogue from the boys.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 3:31AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Is anyone watching Hinamatsuri? I feel like the newest episode was so sweet that it doesn't matter what the anime or manga does afterward, I feel like it already reached it's peak in terms of character development and happy ending.
Seriously, Anzu is so sweet it made me feel warm inside... And you even get a I don't feel so good.jpg meme bonus.

It's definitely the best show that I've been watching this season. Anzu is truly too good for this world, how can anyone not like her? I'd like to meet them and punch them in the face. Also, I appreciate how much Hina has broken Nitta.
It's been awhile since I've watched something that has a perfect balance between comedy and heart felt moments. Also the fact new characters were added every episode, but all still felt unique and likable. Now to read the manga...

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Feel like an anime like Girl Friends could act as gateway yuri for non-niche audience. Any ideas why it was not yet considered for adaptation?

Seeing Girl Friends being animated by KyoAni. I should put that down as my life goal...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Feel like an anime like Girl Friends could act as gateway yuri for non-niche audience. Any ideas why it was not yet considered for adaptation?

It generally takes about 5 volumes of a manga to get a single cour of anime, for one

joined Dec 4, 2016

Girlfriends anime? too old school and outdated. imo

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Girl Friends also was kind of bare-bones overall in terms of things happening. It kind of skips from one event to another with the implication being that nothing significant occurred in the meantime.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Camping in the beach it's fine too!!!

joined Feb 21, 2018

Girlfriends anime? too old school and outdated. imo

Compared to what? There has definitely not been any yuri anime close to its well told and concise story.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just to stick my oar in, I think Girl Friends would work better as a movie than a series. The pacing would have to be changed, but there's lots that could be tightened up to allow for that.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Just to stick my oar in, I think Girl Friends would work better as a movie than a series. The pacing would have to be changed, but there's lots that could be tightened up to allow for that.

Kinda agree, but hence I would like a KyoAni TV adaptation, because KyoAni seemed to be the best at making filler and arrange source material around for smother transition. Imaging that Hibike star date, you literally can make any random events in Girl Friends into a magical romantic moment

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 10:31AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

http://jojo-animation.com
545 days...I can now sleep at night.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

http://jojo-animation.com
545 days...I can now sleep at night.

NANI!!!!

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

sooo, i wanna ask, now that Toji no Miko is finished airing(or not yet idk), is it worth watching for the yuri alone ? i do know it isn't a yuri and just a subtext, but is there actually any girls that are gay for each other or at least one girl? if not i won't watch it (or i'll put it on my LONG list of plan to watch anime). i have the same question on Princess Principle.

last edited at Jun 21, 2018 7:04PM

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Toji no Miko is barely even subtext, but its easy to ship many of the girls since they're neatly paired with some good chemistry.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

sooo, i wanna ask, now that Toji no Miko is finished airing(or not yet idk), is it worth watching for the yuri alone ? i do know it isn't a yuri and just a subtext, but is there actually any girls that are gay for each other or at least one girl? if not i won't watch it (or i'll put it on my LONG list of plan to watch anime). i have the same question on Princess Principle.

I guess you mean Princess Principal? If that's the case, it's pretty gay. It doesn't state that the girls are romantically in love, but it heavily implies it. That, and the official arts are pretty gay and have some yuri imagery. Also, Princess is the most important person in the world for Ange, regardless.
It's Madoka level of gay, at least, but a little more reciprocal.
Keep in mind that the director said in an interview for ANN that they didn't have the intention of making their relationships romantic, but in the BD Extras he said the exact opposite, that their relationship was supposed to be like romance.

Also, even if it was not gay, it's a great action show in itself and deserves to be seen.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I guess you mean Princess Principal? If that's the case, it's pretty gay. It doesn't state that the girls are romantically in love, but it heavily implies it. That, and the official arts are pretty gay and have some yuri imagery. Also, Princess is the most important person in the world for Ange, regardless.
It's Madoka level of gay, at least, but a little more reciprocal.
Keep in mind that the director said in an interview for ANN that they didn't have the intention of making their relationships romantic, but in the BD Extras he said the exact opposite, that their relationship was supposed to be like romance.

Also, even if it was not gay, it's a great action show in itself and deserves to be seen.

I can't believe i spelt that wrong. well anyway, heavy subtext is more than enough reason for me to watch it.(since it might go even gayer considering the movies that are coming)

Toji no Miko is barely even subtext, but its easy to ship many of the girls since they're neatly paired with some good chemistry.

my head is so tired of shipping non-existant ships.

last edited at Jun 22, 2018 1:30PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Last Mahou shoujo Site was the gayest episode of the year, bloom into you has a lot to top.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I loved the last episode of Toji No Miko, even the game character showed up

To reply you must either login or sign up.