Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hisone to masotan ... I saw the first episode and I understood what you all were talking about, is a bit messy but it was fine for me, but ahmmm that second episode making the mc act more naive than anyone, the other bitch just bitching and bitching during the whole episode (maybe not the whole episode because I just closed the video during the second half), the pervert ... Okada and even the opening (where I saw the others girls who look really lame tbh) yeah I guess this isn't for me after all, the only character I like is the maintenance guy! The others try really hard to not be likeable.

Kyoani did a great job with Kumiko (euphonium) making a very honest girl who speaks her mind... Masotan failed, that's my useless review, just my opinion.

My Hero Academia was super hyped! they're making a great job adapting the manga and making it way more exciting!

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii had a super hilarious episode 03!

last edited at May 1, 2018 4:23PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Hisone to masotan ... I saw the first episode and I understood what you all were talking about, is a bit messy but it was fine for me, but ahmmm that second episode making the mc act more naive than anyone, the other bitch just bitching and bitching during the whole episode (maybe not the whole episode because I just closed the video during the second half), the pervert ... Okada and even the opening (where I saw the others girls who look really lame tbh) yeah I guess this isn't for me after all, the only character I like is the maintenance guy! The others try really hard to not be likeable.

Kyoani did a great job with Kumiko (euphonium) making a very honest girl who speaks her mind... Masotan failed, that's my useless review, just my opinion.

My Hero Academia was super hyped! they're making a great job adapting the manga and making it way more exciting!

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii had a super hilarious episode 03!

Third episode was worse. Making fun of sexual harassment and power harassment. The guys just shouldered it off as "the previous pilot didn't mind it". There's a talk about sexual harassment in Japan right now after a report was harassed by a politician, so it's really unfortunate. I saw some people complaining about it in japanese on twitter, too.
There are some other annoying implications, like the previous pilot quitting her job after having a child.

And yeah, in general it's just not that good. It's not interesting and the characters are whatever.
Ending is great, though.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The funny part about this is that on the other forum I regularly frequent my view of HisoMaso as "good but not great" is unusual because most people like it a lot more

Oh, and subs are out for Lost Song now, if you're interested in seeing why it took so long for it to get subs

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

The funny part about this is that on the other forum I regularly frequent my view of HisoMaso as "good but not great" is unusual because most people like it a lot more

Oh, and subs are out for Lost Song now, if you're interested in seeing why it took so long for it to get subs

Well, reading the comments in the first episode at (at nyaa) I'll say that we better wait some more untranslated songs that might be very important and the source of the subs only worked 4 episodes and might not do more , let's just pretend is a show for next season (or the season after the next season).

Too bad about HisoMaso, I was attracted by the animation.

Speaking about untranslated work, the new movie of Eureka 7 (the original anime is on my top 5 anime works) is still in raw almost two months by now, the juicy part will be part 2 and 3 but still... sad

last edited at May 1, 2018 11:34PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

COMIC GIRL IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well, 3 eps in & I still see no point to HisoMaso. If it ever gets better (which I doubt), call me. Other than that, it's a drop for now.

Caught up with Saiki S2. Some of the latest episodes have been pretty solid. Glad to get more of this show.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Just caught the latest episode of Comic Girls... It has passed the barrier, I repeat, it has passed the barrier!

I was actually surprised at how easily it just outed yellow and set her up on a date with blue. And the only one who seems to be bothered by the same sex part is Koyume herself, though Tsubasa is exceedingly dense. To be honest it was a bit surprising how blase it was about it, and that itself seems hopeful to me, we've crossed into a world where they don't have to bother with subtext and nobody blinks. I'm used to CGDCT anime having subtext or characters that are kinda gay, but it seems like it doesn't have to be yuri to be yuri now, I guess? I hope this reflects a change in the real world to some degree.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

adamatari posted:

Just caught the latest episode of Comic Girls... It has passed the barrier, I repeat, it has passed the barrier!

I was actually surprised at how easily it just outed yellow and set her up on a date with blue. And the only one who seems to be bothered by the same sex part is Koyume herself, though Tsubasa is exceedingly dense. To be honest it was a bit surprising how blase it was about it, and that itself seems hopeful to me, we've crossed into a world where they don't have to bother with subtext and nobody blinks. I'm used to CGDCT anime having subtext or characters that are kinda gay, but it seems like it doesn't have to be yuri to be yuri now, I guess? I hope this reflects a change in the real world to some degree.

And one of the best part is how supportive Ruki and the others were, so I guess we don't have to worry about triangles or complications in that regard!

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

new darling in the franxx ep was good lol there are so many marvel memes in the comments. I hope ikuno gets more character development.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Finally watched Comic Girls after reading so much about it here. I'm genuinely shocked by how much I like it so far.

tokyo ghoul goof

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Girl's last tour final(?) extra... for some reason, the author decided to make yet another extra chapter https://mangadex.org/chapter/301925/1 reinforcing one again (not subtly anymore) their fate I guess she was thinking there's a very small percentage of people who are still in denial it so I made another extra just in case

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Girl's last tour final(?) extra... for some reason, the author decided to make yet another extra chapter https://mangadex.org/chapter/301925/1 reinforcing one again (not subtly anymore) their fate I guess she was thinking there's a very small percentage of people who are still in denial it so I made another extra just in case

That one is a bonus chapter included in the 3rd Bluray. I guess it serves as a transition for anime people to go from where they left off (vol 4) to vol 5. That's why we see Nuko & the little robot with the girls & why they didn't know who the AI was. But yeah, that poem pretty much sums up this series huh. I'm sure there will still be people in denial of the girls' fate even if Tkmiz is to reveal it directly. Some just can't get along with zetsubou.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I hope this goes somewhere if not then oh well~...... https://i.imgur.com/eRHK46j.png

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Urashi C. Pin posted:

I hope this goes somewhere if not then oh well~...... https://i.imgur.com/eRHK46j.png

Looks like a death flag to me.
I picked Toji no miko again because as soon as I said "nothing's happening" a LOT started to happen!! I love the himes also Origami has the body of a 17yo? OK right... of course she does...

PS: Send help, I love Goro's daughter in Major 2nd... Major is a sport manga/anime so good that even if you don't like baseball (like me) you will love the anime (like me).

joined Apr 1, 2017

The PV for the Peter Pan arc, and the reveal that it will take 3 episodes now makes me certain that the anime will end with chapter 60 or 61. They're animating chapter 41 this week, then skipping to 49 and adapting volume 9 for Peter Pan. Then will likely adapt all of volume 10 for the finale.

Unfortunately it means we're definitely getting the girls can't love girls thing around episode 11. Let us pray the anime staff can handle it better.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I wouldn't get my hope up. That clearly the message the author want to send and plenty of people still have these sort of view so I don't think they would feel the need to change anything

last edited at May 10, 2018 3:24PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Huh, that was simultaneously the single best episode of Comic Girls and the worst

joined Dec 4, 2016

The PV for the Peter Pan arc, and the reveal that it will take 3 episodes now makes me certain that the anime will end with chapter 60 or 61. They're animating chapter 41 this week, then skipping to 49 and adapting volume 9 for Peter Pan. Then will likely adapt all of volume 10 for the finale.

Unfortunately it means we're definitely getting the girls can't love girls thing around episode 11. Let us pray the anime staff can handle it better.

How any changes on anime really make any difference? She is not a lesbian let's stop pretend she is one.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

Huh, that was simultaneously the single best episode of Comic Girls and the worst

What? how come lol ... I like part where the blue one mentions that the ghost might be a love rival, so I guess the ships are already set in stone! Shonen x Shoujo and Hentai x ... whatever Chaos is trying to draw.

I wonder if we'll have a yuri/yaoi mangaka later on.

last edited at May 11, 2018 12:31AM

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

gotta agree with you... There were some really good parts! but uh not very well balanced out
Though I'm kinda digging Moetas weird thing with being scolded by the teacher...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

What? how come lol ...

The first half was incredible; gorgeous, funny, scary, cute, and kinda sexy all at once... and the second half was just kinda boring; not especially funny, not based on a terribly interesting character, and lacking the usually strong direction the series has

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Hylarn posted:

What? how come lol ... I like part where the blue one mentions that the ghost might be a love rival, so I guess the ships are already set in stone! Shonen x Shoujo and Hentai x ... whatever Chaos is trying to draw.

I wonder if we'll have a yuri/yaoi mangaka later on.

yuri CGDT

last edited at May 11, 2018 8:45AM

Urashi C. Pin
--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Hisone licking Nao sure was.. eh,,, interesting in Hisone to Maso-tan.

But she got lucky with that doll.

last edited at May 12, 2018 8:22AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.