Forum › The Mistress Story discussion

joined Nov 9, 2017

I'm finding the omission of the event personally relevant, as I've had sex while dissociative and it's a surprisingly accurate rendition of finding out what you did when you weren't, um, "in the room". At least, if I extrapolate to violent urges being acted out. (My issues skew differently.) Gunj has been resonating with me the whole time, and I think this sheds some light on why.

It took 22 fucking chapters to get to square 1.

Didn't skimp on the foreplay at all, nope. ;)

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

When the next chapters? DX

joined Sep 23, 2017

I'm finding the omission of the event personally relevant, as I've had sex while dissociative and it's a surprisingly accurate rendition of finding out what you did when you weren't, um, "in the room". At least, if I extrapolate to violent urges being acted out. (My issues skew differently.) Gunj has been resonating with me the whole time, and I think this sheds some light on why.

That is exactly why the sex scene was cut, I think.
Gunj even says that she 'blacked out', and it's shown by her "waking up" and not knowing what had happened or where Petai had gone, and this is reinforced by her having a therapist she hasn't seen in a while.
It's a narrative element so that the reader is left in the same circumstance of knowing that harm was done but not knowing any of the details.

It very much seems as though Ms Gunj is dissociative, and that in her dissociative states she becomes sexually aggressive, violent, and cruel.
In this instance, she wilfully disregarded Petai's repeated clear concerns and outright "No!".

Anyone arguing that what was depicted was not abuse (in the form of violent sexual assault) is not paying any attention to the story.
Gunj herself even admits as much.

Whether Gunj was personally conscious or not, she bears responsibility for putting herself in that position and not adequately protecting Petai by explaining beforehand.
As others have said, even outside of the dissociation, this is why genuine BDSM involves clear communication, understood boundaries, and the use of safewords/outs for if it becomes too much.
It is very easy for "rough play" to turn into abuse, and that is what it is when another involved party does not consent.

I honestly wasn't quite expecting this story to suddenly involve dissociation, nor to head towards what seems to be a discussion of sorts regarding how BDSM can go wrong & how someone deals with being guilty of abusive behaviour.

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 4:41PM

joined Nov 9, 2017

It very much seems as though Ms Gunj is dissociative

This. I agree, especially in the way Gunj's side of the narrative tends to be fractured and internalized.

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

Is this story on hiatus, or what's going on?

last edited at Jan 26, 2018 8:47PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Laptop issues.

Also guys, stop asking about updates or if it's on hiatus (I mean this title and Rui Yuri works). We didn't drop anything. Nothing is on hiatus. There are just some issues that didn't allow to work on it. But works WILL be updated at some point.

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Laptop issues.

Also guys, stop asking about updates or if it's on hiatus (I mean this title and Rui Yuri works). We didn't drop anything. Nothing is on hiatus. There are just some issues that didn't allow to work on it. But works WILL be updated at some point.

Thanks the info :)
Waiting patiently for the next chapter.

joined Jan 14, 2017

UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! why isn't this updating?!!! X(

last edited at Mar 10, 2018 11:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! why isn't this updating?!!! X(

Because you can't read. The scanlator has already asked only two comments above yours that people stop badgering them about it. And given that doing so it against site rules anyway, I'd recommend stopping.

247987_168422
joined Jan 30, 2015

50 shades of my mistress

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Welp it has been 7 months. I hope the laptop issues clear up soon...

TheSupremeXtream
Shouko_nishimiya___original_by_ncoll36-dbbui28%20cropped%20100pxl
joined Jun 3, 2018

9mo passed. Still any update?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

1st-Kuro is busy with her part-time job. Story will be updated when she will have more free time.

joined Aug 10, 2018

Sad that this was dropped. Those must have been some serious laptop issues.

Mods any chance to mark it as dropped?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Seriously... It's not dropped... You could just read 2nd post above yours.......

joined Aug 10, 2018

It's dropped. Are you going to wait 2 months when the 1 year anniversary of the last uploaded chapter comes to admit it? Or are we really going to keep up this charade?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

CensoredOtaku posted:

It's dropped. Are you going to wait 2 months when the 1 year anniversary of the last uploaded chapter comes to admit it? Or are we really going to keep up this charade?

It must feel so nice complaining about stuff you get for free. If you're so impatient, go and tl it yourself.

last edited at Aug 16, 2018 10:21AM

joined Aug 10, 2018

CensoredOtaku posted:

It must feel so nice complaining about stuff you get for free. If you're so impatient, go and tl it yourself.

Not impatient. And it's not even written yet the doujin author is busy. Just would like the translator to be honest about it. :) And how am I complaining? Must be nice to have the luxury of not reading a thread before you reply.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Not impatient. And it's not even written yet the doujin author is busy. Just would like the translator to be honest about it. :) And how am I complaining? Must be nice to have the luxury of not reading a thread before you reply.

If the author claims she's still writing it, then why does it make sense to mark it as dropped or cancelled? I don't think you understand what "dropped" means.

0dbae31b163ae538beb6a331793cac8117bb9a9c_00
joined Oct 1, 2018

Well BDSM wouldn't fit for girl who's virgin and vanilla, so I kinda understand why Petai acts like that. Still, looks like Petai still loves her.
Gunj has some problems with her attitude several times but it's nice she's still kind since everytime she realized the error on her own.

the art does kinda weird sometimes but I hope that didn't discourage the author.
in fact it's nice that it can encourage some people to just do make manga even if your drawing is so-so or awkward (since I kinda want to try make one shot myself but I worry about this myself ┐(´-`)┌ )

I like how the author told the story, it felt simple to me.

I hope this continues.
and it would be nice too when Petai finally accept and do BDSM xD

last edited at Dec 18, 2018 3:50AM

joined Aug 10, 2018

Still "abandoned?" pity. Oh good they finally labeled it on hiatus. Well done.

last edited at Dec 23, 2018 10:45AM

Images(2)
joined Apr 21, 2018

Next please

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I talked with the author and she said there is high chance for TMS returns this year. Didn't say exactly when tho.

Flowers-le-volume-sur-ete-screenshot
joined Nov 22, 2018

I talked with the author and she said there is high chance for TMS returns this year. Didn't say exactly when tho.

thank goodness, this manga is really good so i hope she continue it soon.

joined Apr 1, 2018

Page 4 "I am a office lady." Should be 'an office lady'
Page 6 "By leaving something's behind" Should be 'some things behind'

thx, I checked this again and again with Coco and as you can see there were still small mistakes xD

Is there going to be more

To reply you must either login or sign up.