Forum › Ayakashiko discussion

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, I love this chapter, and it's beautiful and adds a lot to Yukime's character. There's also some nice hints of Kuuko having similar feelings in return.

At the same time, it now seems impossible that Kuuko and Nene haven't picked up on how super gay Yukime is. Before it kinda felt like she had just been too shy to really confess, but here she's really open with being in love with Kuuko. Which is of course great, but makes Kuuko look kind of a jerk (even more than her usual) for acting like she's oblivious to Yukime's feelings. She now has no excuse for doing the whole "I'm gonna get into close physical contact with you and then pass it off as a joke or come up with excuses like regulating your magic through hand holding" shtick and still pretend that it's not kinda cruel.

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 6:03PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Thank God. It would have hurt me so much if Mei was unable to meet Kuuko.

Also thankfully the author played the chapter to be light heart. An anime adaptation with a withered Mei, shivered in snow, as she pray to God that she can see Kuuuko one last time before finally left out her last breath.... would have killed me...

At the same time, it now seems impossible that Kuuko and Nene haven't picked up on how super gay Yukime is. Before it kinda felt like she had just been too shy to really confess, but here she's really open with being in love with Kuuko. Which is of course great, but makes Kuuko look kind of a jerk (even more than her usual) for acting like she's oblivious to Yukime's feelings. She now has no excuse for doing the whole "I'm gonna get into close physical contact with you and then pass it off as a joke or come up with excuses like regulating your magic through hand holding" shtick.

In Kuuko defense, if it works for them now, why bother to change the nature of their relationship. They can be this close for a thousand years, become lovers for 500 years, marry for 4000 years, nothing can separate them now. Especially considering their feeling seemed to be mutual for this past 400 years

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 6:07PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm not saying that Kuuko is obliged to marry her or anything, just that it now seems weird how it's been portrayed as some kind of secret crush that Kuuko either doesn't notice or pretends to not notice. It's also unusal for Yukime to be this open about loving Kuuko. Not complaining, it just feels quite weird considering what we've seen before.

Also this girl literally lived a life of solitude and died alone in the snow just because she wanted to be with her, the least she could do would be to not pretend that they only hold hand for platonic reasons. And dismissing Yukime's statement that this was super romantic was kind of a dick move as well.

Tl;dr: I still ship them to pieces, but I feel that Kuuko has crossed the line between trickster and just plain cruel.

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 6:17PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I'm not saying that Kuuko is obliged to marry her or anything, just that it now seems weird how it's been portrayed as some kind of secret crush that Kuuko either doesn't notice or pretends to not notice. It's also unusal for Yukime to be this open about loving Kuuko. Not complaining, it just feels quite weird considering what we've seen before.

Also this girl literally lived a life of solitude and died alone in the snow just because she wanted to be with her, the least she could do would be to not pretend that they only hold hand for platonic reasons. And dismissing Yukime's statement that this was super romantic was kind of a dick move as well.

Tl;dr: I still ship them to pieces, but I feel that Kuuko has crossed the line between trickster and just plain cruel.

Sort of understand your points, but once again who know, maybe Kuuko behaved like that because Yukime love her to act that way?

I means you are talking about 400 years old couple here, they probably can read each other like a book by now

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Long haired Kuuko is adorable. That whole chapter was pretty cute.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Long haired Kuuko is adorable. That whole chapter was pretty cute.

Well cute I guess. It was kind of depressing to me. I felt bad for Mei for her loneliness, not being able to see Kuuko again until she died alone on a cold snowy night.
But Mei being able to only see the positive in all that is so much like her, that now she’s with her beloved Kuuko.
Her new name an indication of her new life, with her past behind her she only lives for what’s in front of her now, and the wonderful relationships she has.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Well I know this is not subtext anymore. This was more yuri than most of the 'yuri' works here.

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 8:12PM

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

c39 was actually kind of sweet, for a tragic story

I had been looking forward to seeing how they got together. Not disappointing to see how long they had been together.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

How can she love snowy days if she died frozen in the cold lol she must be a fool madly in love xD

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i dont really see how this was sad? sure she died but became a snowwoman and can see kuuko now.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Relationship has been this way for 400 years you say. It's getting stale you say. If only there was some weird new catalyst in the shape of a blonde wrecking ball to shake things up.

Ah, side note, we found out her name is actually Amy. Woopsie.

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 11:47PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

... Yuri was really dead

joined Apr 30, 2014

i dont really see how this was sad? sure she died but became a snowwoman and can see kuuko now.

Kuuko had to one-sidedly watch her the entire time she was growing up and feeling some guilt each time, and then at the end she was indirectly responsible for her death, and to top it off Yukime was HAPPY that she DIED because she got to see Kuuko again.

She was so obsessed with Kuuko and also air-headed enough that she didn't even care that she died from doing all that.

Least that's how I interpreted it. (gotta look at it from Kuuko's point of view) If anyone has a better one feel free to trump me.

last edited at Jun 15, 2018 1:45AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Awww that was a cute little piece of history bout those 2, so much love and for so long. Don't worry Yukime, I thought it was romantic AF sobs

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

There's also the sadness of Kuuko having to watch the village she's supposed to protect starve to death without being able to interfere, and Yukime not knowing why Kuuko didn't appear anymore. It's like when your girlfriend isn't texting back, but worse. And coupled with the existential horror of your god not answering, despite you knowing she's real.

And yes, we need Emi to get Yukime out of the friend zone after 400 years. She's the only character in the whole manga who is good with people.

How can she love snowy days if she died frozen in the cold lol she must be a fool madly in love xD

Well, from her point of view that was the day she was finally reunited with the woman she loved, and got to be with her forever. And she was starving to death already anyway, might as well go out dramatically.

As I see it, Kuuko isn't responsible for Yukime's death, since she probably would've starved even if she didn't visit the shrine so much. If everything was fine in the village and she'd frozen to death anyway, this would've been even darker (and a bit too melodramatic).
But it's also understandable that Kuuko seems to feel some guilt anyway, the way you feel guilty for not being able to help someone even if it's not really your fault.

last edited at Jun 15, 2018 7:37AM

joined May 23, 2015

From Yuki's perspective it might seem romantic, but from Kuuko's perspective it can be seen as borderline creepy and stalker-ish. Nene even agreed with Kuuko about it. (And was pretty clearly trying to find a nice way to say basically the exact same thing before Kuuko spoke up.)

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

From Yuki's perspective it might seem romantic, but from Kuuko's perspective it can be seen as borderline creepy and stalker-ish. Nene even agreed with Kuuko about it. (And was pretty clearly trying to find a nice way to say basically the exact same thing before Kuuko spoke up.)

I think that was more about how Yuki seemed overly nostalgic about that one time she FROZE TO DEATH

joined May 23, 2015

No, the Japanese word used, 重い (heavy), is the term used to describe extremely overbearing forms of love, such as stalkers and yanderes. Between that and the following comment about that part of her being scary, she's definitely calling Yuki a creepy stalker-type.

Having not actually looked at the English release, I can't really say how much that came through, though!

(Edit: Granted, the term 重い can also be used to describe depressing and serious stories, so I can see there being a possibility of confusion. But with it being a response to her thinking something is romantic and it being followed with a comment about how she's scary, I have a hard time seeing it as calling the story depressing and not as calling her love overbearing.)

last edited at Jun 16, 2018 11:51AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

That time Yukime almost accidentally killed Mahoro over shaved ice was pretty fatally serious. And they literally had to decide if they should kill a demon or not a couple of chapters ago.

But we still didn't get to see Kuuko get serious for once in the manga have we? The demon part was kind of predictable.

With all due respect to the shippers, I feel that if Emi was romantically interested in Mahoro, she would've went for it already. She's not subtle.

Or it could be she is not interested in dating anyone right now. U know there are people like that. But if does develop interest in romance who do u think would b her first target?

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

With all due respect to the shippers, I feel that if Emi was romantically interested in Mahoro, she would've went for it already. She's not subtle.

Or it could be she is not interested in dating anyone right now. U know there are people like that. But if does develop interest in romance who do u think would b her first target?

...Aki or Kuki? Or both?

Personally, I ship Mahoro and Nene, and I have no idea what to do with Emi.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Mahoro and Nene best ship! Kuuko's and Yukime's second.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Emi should be paired up with her imouto. Ship Mahoro with her ayakashi family.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

But we still didn't get to see Kuuko get serious for once in the manga have we?

We've seen her be serious lots of times, though. What's your definition of serious?

And she's a trickster spirit, fighting isn't her thing.

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 5:15PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Smug Mahoro best Mahoro.

To reply you must either login or sign up.