Forum › Killing Me! discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

That 1st thing isn't bad...it's not like she was shown to just have guns. That's just her primary weapon, probsly because it's the most brutal.

General consensus is sharp implements are much more viscerally scary than firearms; blame generations spent huddling in caves while hungry things with sharp teeth circled outside. Also why musket-era infantry stoically held their ground and closed lines over casualties in firefights but promptly fled in face of bayonet charges.

Well, Miyoko did let down her guard.

She was on guard at those times even though she was screwing around. This time it was legitimately a surprise because she had let her guard down.

Reflexes don't work like that, they don't much consult slow-ass conscious thought. And why would she not be on guard there anyway? Thus far in similar circumstances Saki has very consistently gone for her knife, there's no reason whatsoever for Miyoko to assume she wouldn't try it there too.

Nevermind now that if you look at the situation Saki not only needs to first shake off Miyoko's hug, she also has to turn around and get about an arm's length of distance even while she's pulling those paper slips outta her knickers (seriously where does she keep all her gear). That's slow as molasses, tactically speaking, and hideously obvious to someone with every possible reason to expect her to try something.

Narratively useful handwaves are one thing; trying to justify them with nonsense quite another.

Putting that aside, New Girl is a curious combination of borderline-yandere "i-it's not like I'm jealous over Saki-sempai or anything", work ethic and ludicrously impractical weapon loadout. How's she planning to hit something as nimble as these vampires with an inherently slow-ass giant axe in a straight fight seriously... and it's not like they're wearing a ton of armour to hack through either, nowadays.

Also Miyoko sure isn't easily rattled, gotta give her that. Gets bushwhacked with a giant axe and the first thing she does upon regaining consciousness is angrily berating the assailant for doing a shoddy job at it. Guessing she's lived a pretty eventful life...

last edited at Jun 11, 2018 4:59AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I really want to be in the story as a vampire hunter n then I'll kill miyoko myself just to see saki's reaction

Your avatar matches that sentence.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

random posted:

Reflexes don't work like that, they don't much consult slow-ass conscious thought. And why would she not be on guard there anyway? Thus far in similar circumstances Saki has very consistently gone for her knife, there's no reason whatsoever for Miyoko to assume she wouldn't try it there too.

Clearly you've never really used your reflexes much or you'd realize that this is exactly the case when you've trained your reflexes. When your guard is down it can massively impact how fast you react to unexpected circumstances.

It's a bit different if your reflexes are naturally fast but even then, how much you've trained them still has a huge impact on how they work.

Narratively useful handwaves are one thing; trying to justify them with nonsense quite another.

Yup, totally nonsense. That's certainly it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

You've yet to explain why her guard would be down there in the first place. And pretty sure Miyoko's reflex response to the stimulus of "Saki pulling something out during a scuffle" is "duck."

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

New vampire hunter with no qualms about killing.

She'll end up protecting Miyoko.

Called it.

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

Everything is cute here, even mild choking...

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

General consensus is sharp implements are much more viscerally scary than firearms; blame generations spent huddling in caves while hungry things with sharp teeth circled outside. Also why musket-era infantry stoically held their ground and closed lines over casualties in firefights but promptly fled in face of bayonet charges.

That's just the effect of distance, not the implement. I don't think you'd find a gun in your face less scary than a knife being waved at you.

How's she planning to hit something as nimble as these vampires with an inherently slow-ass giant axe in a straight fight seriously... and it's not like they're wearing a ton of armour to hack through either, nowadays.

An axe isn't just a slow swinging weapon. It's also a close-quarters brawling weapon that you hold across yourself, with one hand under the head. You can easily make a heavy swing from that stance but the haft is just as important as the edge. It's really not a bad choice, and far better against a lightly protected target than an armored one.

Also Miyoko sure isn't easily rattled, gotta give her that. Gets bushwhacked with a giant axe and the first thing she does upon regaining consciousness is angrily berating the assailant for doing a shoddy job at it. Guessing she's lived a pretty eventful life...

This is a thing, though. If she's a hunter, why did she just hit her once in a nonfatal spot and then back off, knowing the vampire wasn't dealt with?

last edited at Jun 11, 2018 5:59AM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

New vampire hunter with no qualms about killing.

She'll end up protecting Miyoko.

Called it.

And so her harem begins..it's a vicious cycle of hunters chasing after her and then eventually falling for her.

1599531_403762246435445_1409813519_o
joined Mar 14, 2014

she just princess carried her out. My god, it's too cute.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Suddenly harem

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

2 Girls does not a harem make...

One more is necessary...

joined Feb 23, 2016

Interesting

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

She is suddenly realising little by little she's gay as fuck.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

love how quickly this updates >u< thank you

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Now we need another vampire... Maybe a teacher (?)

last edited at Jun 11, 2018 12:49PM

Giga_animehq_9
joined Feb 9, 2018

So...Saki's in love with Miyako, though she WANTS to kill her? I don't get it. I'm kinda angry that this is just..."Kill her already! That's your mission right?" And then Saki hesitates every time.

Then again...it would've been too easy, right?

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

So...Saki's in love with Miyako, though she WANTS to kill her? I don't get it. I'm kinda angry that this is just..."Kill her already! That's your mission right?" And then Saki hesitates every time.

Then again...it would've been too easy, right?

She doesn't want to, it's her mission, she just has conflicted feelings.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Everything is great but...the bedsheeets! D: BLOOD STAINS!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This is a thing, though. If she's a hunter, why did she just hit her once in a nonfatal spot and then back off, knowing the vampire wasn't dealt with?

Isn't she just an apprentice hunter, like Saki? Or at the very least just a beginner. That would explain why Chiharu didn't know any better.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Isn't she just an apprentice hunter, like Saki? Or at the very least just a beginner. That would explain why Chiharu didn't know any better.

I'd imagine that the hunters would at least be so competent as give their trainees a "to actually kill a vampire you need to do X" five minute lecture. ^^

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I will resist the urge to make a menstration joke here :p

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I will resist the urge to make a menstration joke here :p

You aren't supposed to resist it!!!

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

I'd imagine that the hunters would at least be so competent as give their trainees a "to actually kill a vampire you need to do X" five minute lecture. ^^

No, they'd only tell them where the weak spots are, what makes them a weak spot, and what equipment is most effective.

Rsz_img_20170617_090037
joined May 14, 2018

Daamn Miyoko needs to trim those nails asap.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Daamn Miyoko needs to trim those nails asap.

I don't think their relationship has progressed far enough for that to matter yet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.