Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Only partially, since it only tells us you need two swappers for it to work. How "interchangeable" the swappers are amongst themselves is still an open question as thus far they've all been faithful to their respective pair-bonds.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mh. I'm frankly not convinced. It strikes me more like the chapter about sleep-kissing, and testing when swapping happened during a kiss ... it circles closer to the center of what's going on. But it's not an all-encompassing answer ^^;

e: didn't consider the swapper<->no swapper angle either. So really we actually don't even know why it didn't work: didn't it work because they aren't romantically compatible? Didn't it work because she's not in her own body? Or did it not work because the other somehow is a general "non-swapper" (and if so, is that what humans generally are, or is she maybe some sort of "null" exception?)?

last edited at May 16, 2018 8:10AM

joined May 23, 2015

I feel like this is the kind of series where it will end up being that they can only swap with a single partner, but there really are too many variables left to conclude it as a fact just yet.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

well, it wasn't yuri romance to begin with.
swap swap is a story about cute girls doing cute fun things (mostly kissing) togethe,
remember when chitose went berserk kissing everybody, toshino kyouko literally kissed her back lol, it's really fun XD
swap swap isn't serious yuri manga, I like said before, it's just a story about cute girls doing cute kissing things together lol
so don't worry, it won't ruin the series, there won't be any stupid drama

The fact that it is now proven that they can swap with only their one specific partner kind of contradicts all this. Their ability can only be used with their soul mate and thats pretty damn romantic.

romantic huh? but it's still up in the air u know, cuz Im pretty sure Ayu is Not a swapper, so the result is obvious, natsu wouldn't be able to swap with her.
however if we're tlkn about another fellow swappers, it would be different story,
either natsu or haru might be able to swap with em imo, since their names are related to seasons as well.
let's say haru kissed sensei for example.
damn it! I wanna see haru swaps with sensei~ I don't mind if it's just once,
plz do it! pretty plz xD

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

How...is that a good thing? If kisses become more normal between pairings it kinda ruins the yuri.

The romance would definitely diminish.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Why did Natsuko do that? Are we in for some drama in this cute comedy manga?

She lost her balance and fell into Ayu. It should be obvious, given that Ayu noted exactly one panel beforehand that she was unsteady on her feet.

Ok... so apparently, as of now, everyone is gay except for our closet protagonists?

??? Noboy's gay who hasn't been shown to be gay already. At least, nothing in this chapter indicates any new gayness that hasn't been here previously.

last edited at May 16, 2018 12:04PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ive been waiting for this! finally finally finally!
natsu kissed someone else other than haru!

now, it's about time for haru to kiss someone else as well, I hope the one who'd kiss by haru is sensei! I ship em so much

How...is that a good thing? If kisses become more normal between pairings it kinda ruins the yuri.

Girls kissing each other ruins the yuri?

It may sound weird but yes it can. Now it probably wont happen but if it turns into a "just wanna swap with person xy today" it will be definitely less yuri.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I literally screamed when they kissed... Hopefully there isn't gonna be any drama coming up

joined Mar 21, 2016

Why did Natsuko do that? Are we in for some drama in this cute comedy manga?

She lost her balance and fell into Ayu. It should be obvious, given that Ayu noted exactly one panel beforehand that she was unsteady on her feet.

Ok... so apparently, as of now, everyone is gay except for our closet protagonists?

??? Noboy's gay who hasn't been shown to be gay already. At least, nothing in this chapter indicates any new gayness that hasn't been here previously.

yeah, even tho there are so many kisses involved, I believe no homos in swap swap, aside from sensei n her waifu recently, given the fact they both are adults, no longer students anymore, n literally stated that they both are a couple.

meanwhile natsu haru n the gang, there ain't romance vibes among em. at all.
they'll just bunch of girls having fun, n fooling around together, these stuff are common things among close friends, especially among girls in high school.

joined Mar 21, 2016

I literally screamed when they kissed... Hopefully there isn't gonna be any drama coming up

this is comedy, on top of that 4 koma manga, obviously there won't be any stupid drama for sure

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Prediction: Natsuko will immediately come clean to Haruko about the kiss, but Haruko won't see why it's a problem because she isn't aware that Ayu has a crush on her. This then causes Natsuko to take a harder look at what kissing means to her (beyond her usual "I probably shouldn't be doing it this casually").
...Maybe.

joined Mar 21, 2016

Ive been waiting for this! finally finally finally!
natsu kissed someone else other than haru!

now, it's about time for haru to kiss someone else as well, I hope the one who'd kiss by haru is sensei! I ship em so much

Girls kissing each other ruins the yuri?

It may sound weird but yes it can. Now it probably wont happen but if it turns into a "just wanna swap with person xy today" it will be definitely less yuri.

it's not even yuri manga to begin with until sensei and her waifu showed up,
it's just a manga about cute girls doing cute k̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ things together

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

They also kind of have warped senses, and have only ever said they do it because they enjoy it, so there doesn't seem to be any emotional element to it. Which is why I find it tough to define them as dating.

Akiho and Fuyumi pretty much jumped straight from "childhood friends" to "functionally married" without passing "Go" bothering with the various intermediate steps. To all appearances by now their relationship is such a natural and self-evident part of their lives they don't even think about it and would probably get rather confused if you asked them for some kind of definition.

Hell, Akiho keeps wanting to kiss other girls.

She's also a troll and would hardly be the only one curious about how widely applicable the bodyswap thing is...
Hell.
Fuyumi herself tested the matter with her dog. She STRONGLY DISAPPROVES of the idea of Akiho experimenting with other girls though.

They aren't dating, technically, but they kiss because they want to
The two of them do it for pleasure, not pretend usefulness

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch09#5
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch19#7

Look, all I'm really saying is that the series itself hasn't said anything definitively either way. And that until it does, Akiho and Fuyumi's relationship is in a bit of a Schrodenger state, and is entirely up to how someone interprets the characters.

Sure, they are effectively already dating, but in many respects so are Natsuko and Haruko. And I can't help but see Fuyumi and Akiho's relationship as being more similar to a more comfortable version of Natsuko and Haruko's than I can to Chinatsu and Miharu's. And I don't think I'm the only one.

So until the series actually touches on it, you're entirely free to disagree with the interpretation, but Chinatsu and Miharu being definitive about it is definitely something novel.

The main difference is Fuyumi and Akiho have already all but confessed to each other
They don't think anything of swapping, or getting naked in each other's bodies, unlike Haruko and Natsuko

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch19#8
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch14#10 / https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch24#7

FWIW Akiho actually did get cold feet about following through with her teasing. One also notes the kissing bit was the only thing Fuyumi has ever expressed a smidgen of jealousy over, so it doesn't seem very far-fetched to assume the act holds real emotional gravitas to them both - quite possibly more than they realised before the matter was brought up.

Incidentally, Haruko by comparison... ( . )( . ) ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)

Exactly, Akiho cares too much about Fuyumi and vise-versa to follow through with the act
That in itself, shows how much they treat their relationship seriously
You could call them girlfriends or lovers, and it would fit better than calling them just friends. They even respect each other's boundaries better than Chinatsu and Miharu

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

There is definitely a growing romance between Haru and Natsu.

joined Mar 21, 2016

Prediction: Natsuko will immediately come clean to Haruko about the kiss, but Haruko won't see why it's a problem because she isn't aware that Ayu has a crush on her. This then causes Natsuko to take a harder look at what kissing means to her (beyond her usual "I probably shouldn't be doing it this casually").
...Maybe.

I can see it happening too, I can see natsu somehow felt guilty about it, back then she felt uncomfortable when she was about to kiss akiho n now natsu really did kiss someone else for real lol

joined Mar 21, 2016

well maybe a little bit

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch41#8

Oh boy! Well, that answered one swapping question

On another note: I like that Ayu, likes Haruko for who she is on the inside

it doesn't answer a thing.
ayu isn't a swapper u know, so the result is obvious

What we know so far

• You can't swap with animals
  • Swapping twice, leads to a regular kiss
  • Lip contact is the only method
  • You and your partner have to be conscious

Now there are 2 more factors to consider
Either you can't swap, while already swapped, or you can't swap with a normal person

By next chapter, this revelation should be cleared up

joined Mar 21, 2016

If I were haru Id be like,

what, u kissed ayu? hmm..
if you kissed someone else, well it's fine for me to kiss someone else as well then. I'll kiss sensei, I've been curious about how an adult lips n oppai for a while, ittekimasu~

joined Mar 21, 2016

What we know so far

Either you can't swap, while already swapped, or you can't swap with a normal person

about the animal thing,
it would be creepy if u can swap with animal lol
from the narrative perspective, it won't happen no matter wut lol

joined May 23, 2015

They also kind of have warped senses, and have only ever said they do it because they enjoy it, so there doesn't seem to be any emotional element to it. Which is why I find it tough to define them as dating.

Akiho and Fuyumi pretty much jumped straight from "childhood friends" to "functionally married" without passing "Go" bothering with the various intermediate steps. To all appearances by now their relationship is such a natural and self-evident part of their lives they don't even think about it and would probably get rather confused if you asked them for some kind of definition.

Hell, Akiho keeps wanting to kiss other girls.

She's also a troll and would hardly be the only one curious about how widely applicable the bodyswap thing is...
Hell.
Fuyumi herself tested the matter with her dog. She STRONGLY DISAPPROVES of the idea of Akiho experimenting with other girls though.

They aren't dating, technically, but they kiss because they want to
The two of them do it for pleasure, not pretend usefulness

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch09#5
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch19#7

Look, all I'm really saying is that the series itself hasn't said anything definitively either way. And that until it does, Akiho and Fuyumi's relationship is in a bit of a Schrodenger state, and is entirely up to how someone interprets the characters.

Sure, they are effectively already dating, but in many respects so are Natsuko and Haruko. And I can't help but see Fuyumi and Akiho's relationship as being more similar to a more comfortable version of Natsuko and Haruko's than I can to Chinatsu and Miharu's. And I don't think I'm the only one.

So until the series actually touches on it, you're entirely free to disagree with the interpretation, but Chinatsu and Miharu being definitive about it is definitely something novel.

The main difference is Fuyumi and Akiho have already all but confessed to each other
They don't think anything of swapping, or getting naked in each other's bodies, unlike Haruko and Natsuko

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch19#8
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch14#10 / https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch24#7

FWIW Akiho actually did get cold feet about following through with her teasing. One also notes the kissing bit was the only thing Fuyumi has ever expressed a smidgen of jealousy over, so it doesn't seem very far-fetched to assume the act holds real emotional gravitas to them both - quite possibly more than they realised before the matter was brought up.

Incidentally, Haruko by comparison... ( . )( . ) ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)

Exactly, Akiho cares too much about Fuyumi and vise-versa to follow through with the act
That in itself, shows how much they treat their relationship seriously
You could call them girlfriends or lovers, and it would fit better than calling them just friends. They even respect each other's boundaries better than Chinatsu and Miharu

"All but" still means they haven't actually done it yet, though.

I'm totally fine with people thinking of them that way, though. As I've been saying over and over, at this point it's entirely a matter of interpretation. And with Akiho and Fuyumi only actually playing major roles in a handful of chapters, there's not a whole lot to interpret yet. So there's really no definitive conclusion to be had here. You can't call either interpretation factually incorrect. It's perfectly fine to have a different interpretation than someone else.

The sole reason I've really even continued the discussion at all was in defense of the original point, that the teacher's relationship was something new for the series. Which someone argued was untrue. But despite me restating that point in pretty much every single post I've made, none of the responses have argued any of those parts of my posts. Even though that point was what started the entire discussion.

So I'm not sure why the discussion is still going. I'm not even sure there's actually anything in contention.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

What we know so far

I was actually under the impression that swappers can only swap with their designated partner, although no one’s tested that. So no matter who Natsuko kisses nothing will happen unless it’s Haruko.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Needs a cheating tag! She kissed another girl! D:

joined Mar 21, 2016

Needs a cheating tag! She kissed another girl! D:

umm,
natsu haru are Not even a couple u know

DynastyMaker
Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

"All but" still means they haven't actually done it yet, though.

"We kissed because we wanted to" - Fuyumi

"She actually just really loves me, so she lends me her body to make me happy" - Akiho

"I really like you, and i want you to be happy, so i want to to kiss you!" - Fuyumi

"It is for my sake, so i do not think Fuyumi-chan would mind. But... If we do end up swapping. I feel like there would be something wrong about it" - Akiho

"Why don't you get a bed for her?" - Natsuko
"Eh? we don't need one. We can just sleep together" - Akiho

"Fuyumi-chan comes to see me every day" - Akiho
"A commuting wife!" - Natsuko

You don't have to reply, and i get how you feel about drawn out discussions
So instead, consider this, proof for everyone else's interpretation

last edited at May 20, 2018 12:15PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

well maybe a little bit

Not just a little bit. Quite a lot!

To reply you must either login or sign up.