Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

https://twitter.com/tomekitigai/status/991347150075318272?s=19

wut an incredibly kawaii pic

Manga is getting a second print, so it's probably selling well.

Je suis heureux d'entendre cela

joined May 23, 2015

Anime when?

They decided to animate a stupid cheerleader series that runs in the same magazine instead, because they hate money. (It'll actually probably end up making them a lot of money because it's cute girls doing cheerleading; I just dislike the series.)

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Anime when?

They decided to animate a stupid cheerleader series that runs in the same magazine instead, because they hate money. (It'll actually probably end up making them a lot of money because it's cute girls doing cheerleading; I just dislike the series.)

To be fair, Swap Swap anime would need to be made next year, when there will be a forth volume and enough material.
What's the problem with the cheerleading manga? I don't like it already because the author made a "yuri" manga with a pretty shit ending hinting het.

joined May 23, 2015

I just find it boring.

And the cheerleading series only has two volumes out, itself; less than Swap. 2-3 volumes of material is actually pretty standard as far as anime series based on 4koma go.

(Also add in the 6-9 months there usually are between the initial announcement of an anime and that anime actually starting, so it is likely to actually be nearly next year before the anima yell anime airs.)

last edited at May 3, 2018 1:27PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Standard is actually 3 to 4 volumes. I don't remember last time something with 2 volumes was announced as an anime.
That does tell they only got it because they wanted to animate something with cheerleaders, though. Like Bland S only receiving anime because they wanted something like Working. So I wouldn't mind much. It wasn't chosen because the manga was popular (no way to know that for sure with two volumes) and it'll probably flop.

joined May 23, 2015

New Game s1 only adapted two volumes. Even s2, which had no filler material, only adapted three volumes. Going back a further, Kiniro Mosaic's volume 3 didn't even come out until after the is first season had ended. A-channel's volume 2 came out like a month before its anime started.

I can't actually think of any instances where a 4koma anime adaptation used more than three full volumes of material. And even then, given standard production time, if a Swap anime had been announced in place of Anima Yell, Swap would be most the way through the fourth volume by the time anything started airing. Comic Girls' anime was announced a month after its volume 3 came out (coincidentally, the same timing as Blend S's announcement). So the claim that Swap doesn't have enough material yet is just outright incorrect.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Oh...a confirmed yuri couple.

On another related topic. Sex between these swapping couple must be confused as heck. Unless kissing is forbidden during sex

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

What a cute dynamic!

"We're still not dating." I see~

Also page 7 is confusing me. Did they swap twice?

Edit: Oh, it looks like they kissed THREE times. Man, it's like trying to figure out double negatives in English.

last edited at May 6, 2018 7:39PM

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

I don't know how to put images in comments from the phone, but my face the entire time was basically the face Chinatsu Sensei made waiting for Haruko and Natsuko to kiss

Bless whoever had these pages (sob)
Bless Haruko realizing they'll be a couple eventually
Bless Chinatsu Sensei's partner

joined Apr 30, 2014

Wait, did ch40 just show something important? I don't think they showed that the eye color stayed the same before

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

Why would not it stay the same color?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

What does Haruko say in Japanese when she told Chinatsu that they weren't dating? ( ゚д゚)

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Why would not it stay the same color?

I think they were thinking that since the appearance of the eyes specifically changes when the girls swap, the eye colors would swap too. But no, apparently it's not so much a physical thing as it is a "look in the eye" or some such. Eye are the window to the soul, and all that.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Expression and general demeanor basically. Likely with a fair stint of overall body language thrown in - Hell, we tend not think about it but it's plenty possible to recognise individual people from how they walk.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Wait, hold on, wasn't the scanlation supposed to resume in 1 year? Did I leap through time?

joined Jul 26, 2016

On another note, I like how Natsuko's mind is immediately in the gutter. These horny teens... ( ͡¬ ͜ʖ ͡¬)

Meanwhile Haruko's already pegging her as her future waifu. Not sure why they're still claiming they aren't dating; force of habit probably.

joined May 23, 2015

Well, that "still not dating" line is meant as in "even now, we aren't"; not as "we aren't, yet".

But there's plenty of other signs that they're starting to move forward, so that fact shouldn't really dampen anything.

Ghost Shogun
Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

The years sure fly by, Ben John­son can't keep up anymore, he's so behind I can't even see him...

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Wait, hold on, wasn't the scanlation supposed to resume in 1 year? Did I leap through time?

Tshh shh, just enjoy :v

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

On another note I like how teacher's tits are so huge they are literally escaping the panels.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Encountering an older lesbian couple. Possibly my favorite yuri trope.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Sensei is damaging her partner's health by drinking in her body instead of her own

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I love sensei so muchh~

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The yuri in this series just increased by 1000%. I'm so happy right now. Ahh this chap was such a welcome surprise since I already prepared my soul for the painful wait.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Well, that "still not dating" line is meant as in "even now, we aren't"; not as "we aren't, yet".

But there's plenty of other signs that they're starting to move forward, so that fact shouldn't really dampen anything.

Yeah, figured it was just a way to clarify that they weren't dating rather than downright saying there was hope for the future...

To reply you must either login or sign up.