Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Always remember to practice safe proposals so you don't accidentally break the mind of your loved one.

It's not true love unless one or more minds are broken.

Shit's getting Lovecraftian over here...

last edited at Apr 14, 2018 1:31PM

joined May 4, 2013

Am I the only one inspired by the reaction of the doc accidentally walking in on the lesbian couple being lovey-dovey with each other and being glad over what he saw? Like he's sharing Mari's relief and all that matters is Arisa's physical well-being as reflected by her gesture of affection.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

As goofy as post-amnesia Arisa is, she does seem easier to deal with than the old Arisa who seemingly wouldn't let her girlfriend get a word in, and was apparently constantly horny.
I mean, she's still super horny, but at least Mari can actually talk to her now without getting fondled.

Arisa was only like that after getting "tutored" by a worldly-wise lesbian acquaintance who convinced her if their sex life didn't start, Mari would leave her. Before that, both of them were like Mari and post-amnesia Arisa. So her actual personality is a mix of all of those. In that way it's like bloom into you.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Am I the only one who noticed that Arisa is not fondling Mari in the very last page, and in fact seems frozen?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch20#13

Seems like there's more of amnesiac Arisa in her than some of us think.

last edited at Apr 14, 2018 7:55PM

joined Nov 27, 2017

As goofy as post-amnesia Arisa is, she does seem easier to deal with than the old Arisa who seemingly wouldn't let her girlfriend get a word in, and was apparently constantly horny.
I mean, she's still super horny, but at least Mari can actually talk to her now without getting fondled.

Look, some of us are into that. Ans Mari is clearly one of them. Honestly, Mari seems at least as horny but just less capable at expressing it.

Am I the only one who noticed that Arisa is not fondling Mari in the very last page, and in fact seems frozen?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch20#13

Seems like there's more of amnesiac Arisa in her than some of us think.

Well, yeah. It's not remotely implied she got her memories back or anything. She's still behaving the same as ever so I don't think anyone is assuming she's not still totally post-amnesia!Arisa.

last edited at Apr 16, 2018 4:59AM

Fb_img_1518235493847
joined Dec 4, 2017

Oh hello old arisa !! Wait a minute... what happened to the new arisa?

• DUN DUN DUN DUUUNNNNN!!!*

GASP

joined Jul 21, 2016

SO ADORABLE!!

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

OH MY FUCK
How did I only discover this now?!?!
Such a masterpiece! Love to see more ! :D

joined May 23, 2015

With how absurdly popular the series is, I doubt it will end anytime soon.

It's apparently selling okay, but not "absurdly".

It's easily one of the most popular series in comic Cune right now. To the point where they had Tamamusi do the cover for their Yuri Drill anthology, which featured a large number of their artists, and even released it on the same day as the most recent volume of Amnesia. As well as advertising them together pretty heavily. They clearly expected Amnesia's popularity would help it sell.

I don't know what other Cune series could be selling so much better as to just call Amnesia's sales "okay".

joined Mar 15, 2017

It's easily one of the most popular series in comic Cune right now. To the point where they had Tamamusi do the cover for their Yuri Drill anthology, which featured a large number of their artists, and even released it on the same day as the most recent volume of Amnesia. As well as advertising them together pretty heavily. They clearly expected Amnesia's popularity would help it sell.

I don't know what other Cune series could be selling so much better as to just call Amnesia's sales "okay".

You're effectively arguing this like it's supposed to be a given that there's multiple series in Cune that are selling "absurdly" well. Cune hasn't had any genuinely big sellers yet.

Yuri Drill originated as Tamamusi's idea, so of course they let her do the cover and it got promoted with her series.

What Tamamusi said of Cheerful Amnesia sales after vol 3's release:
https://twitter.com/tama_64/status/982750413735706624

明るい記憶喪失の方も好調だそうで一安心です^^

So good enough for peace of mind for now.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

So....now that we know the last time Mari saw Arisa before she lost her memory was when she proposed, that makes the flashback to when she found out HEARTBREAKING.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch07

She proposed, Arisa freaked out and vanished for three days, and Mari had no idea if she had been in an accident, or ran away, or what.

;_______________;

I know right. Damn. And what happened to the ring?

joined May 23, 2015

You're effectively arguing this like it's supposed to be a given that there's multiple series in Cune that are selling "absurdly" well. Cune hasn't had any genuinely big sellers yet.

Yuri Drill originated as Tamamusi's idea, so of course they let her do the cover and it got promoted with her series.

What Tamamusi said of Cheerful Amnesia sales after vol 3's release:
https://twitter.com/tama_64/status/982750413735706624

明るい記憶喪失の方も好調だそうで一安心です^^

So good enough for peace of mind for now.

No, I'm arguing that compared to other series in Cune, it is selling extremely well, and because of that, it isn't in any danger of ending.

Though I think you're reading too much into that tweet. It's not meant to be a literal claim about sales figures. Most manga artists, even extremely popular ones, get nervous about sales figures when a new volume releases.

Compared to the actual ad for volume 3 that was printed in last month's Cune, which calls it "1、2巻が発売後即大量重版中の話題作"

Which is much closer to an actual material statement on how good its sales are.

So I stand by the statement that by Cune standards it's doing absurdly well, and thus Cune's not going to cancel it anytime soon.

joined Mar 15, 2017

So I stand by the statement that by Cune standards it's doing absurdly well, and thus Cune's not going to cancel it anytime soon.

You're not really standing by a statement. You're changing it to try to massively move the goalposts. And even having done that, I'm not sure it's really a justifiable statement. In Cune you'd expect the really popular series to be among the ones they usually place near the front, and Cheerful Amnesia isn't one of those. It ought to be popular enough that vol 4 probably won't be the last, but talking about that as though it were absurd is... absurd.

joined May 23, 2015

The series with a currently-airing anime is also one that consistently appears in the back, so I'm not sure how much I trust series ordering in Cune as a pure metric of popularity. Unless you want to argue that they purposely chose to animate a low-popularity series.

Also, given that my original statement was pretty explicitly about how the series isn't going to be cancelled anytime soon, I'm more confused by you interpreting the comment about its sales as being compared to every single other manga in existence, instead of compared to other series in the magazine it actually runs in. As in, the only comparison that would actually be relevant to whether it keeps running.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

You're not really standing by a statement. You're changing it to try to massively move the goalposts. And even having done that, I'm not sure it's really a justifiable statement. In Cune you'd expect the really popular series to be among the ones they usually place near the front, and Cheerful Amnesia isn't one of those. It ought to be popular enough that vol 4 probably won't be the last, but talking about that as though it were absurd is... absurd.

A smart mag editor would scatter their popular series throughout the book, to encourage readers to read their way through the newer, less popular series.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Well, yeah. It's not remotely implied she got her memories back or anything. She's still behaving the same as ever so I don't think anyone is assuming she's not still totally post-amnesia!Arisa.

... Huh. For some reason, I read "I was at the festival" as meaning that Arisa recovered her pre-amnesia memories.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Oh Arisa. Don't ever change. You are a darling.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

BAGAHAHAHA amazing, "Norway" just made it for me. 10/10 as always, praise Tamamusi

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

glorious.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Arisa is such a cutie pie. She should've made a bigger chocolate tho'.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That chocolate needs to be preserved for the amazement of future generations.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Oh good god look at that demonic scribbling at the bottom.

joined Jul 26, 2016

DISCLAIMER: reading the fine print aloud may cast Summon Yog-Sothoth halfway through

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

We still need that story about when they boned for the first time

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

DISCLAIMER: reading the fine print aloud may cast Summon Yog-Sothoth halfway through

Oh darn! I hate it when that happens...

Norway! For the win!! Just when I thought this series couldn't get any cuter...

To reply you must either login or sign up.