Forum › I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

From the title, I was expecting another Mochi Au Laid 4-pager.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Kodama Naoko actually seems pretty reliable with supplying a good ending based on the series that are up on Dynasty, but the amount of drama and frustration before arriving there hurts lol.

Edit: I want to add that based on the title, I also thought this would be a comedy of sorts.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 5:41PM

joined Dec 13, 2013

new kodama naoko fuck me up

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Errors on page 5

目に見えてる
They'll see right through me
change to
I can already see it

先手打って全く世間に 自慢できないような相手と 結婚してそれを親に 事後報告してやりたい
Why can't they be happy with me just marrying someone who doesn't meet their expectations!
change to
It makes me want to just find someone they can't brag about, and only let them know after I'm married!

Page 10

めでたく 両親の見合い攻勢を 撃退したわけだけど
I've turned my parents ideas about marriage upside down.
change to
I successfully pushed back my parents' marriage offensive, but...

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 8:09PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

The protagonist reminds me of a more depressed Kobayashi.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

what a ride for a first chapter! I just know that I'm gonna love this. :3 From the art to the hilarious way the plot is handled to the drama that actually seems like it's going to be well planed. Nice!
What I don't really get though is that traditional roleplay housewife and money earner. I think it's sooooo outdated, but not in Japan, huh? Or maybe it's a joke.

Edit: Oh, after checking out what the artist also did, I'm not so sure anymore that I'll love this, lol. Well, either way I'll be entertained. :p

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 6:58PM

joined Aug 10, 2016

I'm reading this for the title and because I can still remember that one single Kodama series that wasn't a massive uncomfortable ride.

Smoltopbun
joined Mar 2, 2018

At first I was like don't judge the book by the cover
But then I was like don't judge the book by its author

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

I'm reading this for the title and because I can still remember that one single Kodama series that wasn't a massive uncomfortable ride.

Are you referring to Renai Manga?

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

These parents are horrible.

To be fair, their daughter came out to them in the worst way imaginable. Showing up at your conservative parents' door and just letting your wife bluntly drop the bombshells that not only are you gay but you also eloped is going to result in an emotional response. Really, I think the parents handled it remarkably well until Hana was a little too smug about it.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 7:15PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Melon posted:

What I don't really get though is that traditional roleplay housewife and money earner. I think it's sooooo outdated, but not in Japan, huh? Or maybe it's a joke.

Lol. It is a outdated joke. Machi even commented on it.

schuyguy posted:

目に見えてる
change to
I can already see it

Idk if you are part of the group, but in first "目に見える" is a expression that means "clear; distinct; apparent​", so "目に見えてる" would be something like "It'll be obvious" and I believe that is why they translated it as "They'll see right through me" since they assumed she is referring to her parents.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Melon posted:

Lol. It is a outdated joke. Machi even commented on it.

schuyguy posted:

目に見えてる
change to
I can already see it

Idk if you are part of the group, but in first "目に見える" is a expression that means "clear; distinct; apparent​", so "目に見えてる" would be something like "It'll be obvious" and I believe that is why they translated it as "They'll see right through me" since they assumed she is referring to her parents.

Oh, I thought she was saying "it's already obvious how this will turn out". I assumed that the she would've used 目に見える for something that will be obvious.

And no, I'm not a member of the group. Personally, if I make errors I'd be happier that someone point them out to me, so if I notice errors I do the same.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 7:25PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Random_Bird posted:

These parents are horrible.

To be fair, their daughter came out to them in the worst way imaginable. Showing up at your conservative parents' door and just letting your wife bluntly drop the bombshells that not only are you gay but you also eloped is going to result in an emotional response. Really, I think the parents handled it remarkably well until Hana was a little too smug about it.

And that is the reason to get angry? They got angry because they kept insisting she has to marry someone they approve of and they can be proud of and dissed every single person she choose herself and brought to them. Honestly, who she marries should be no their business and there shouldn't be something like "coming out in the worse way imaginable". The only reason we need to "come out in a good way" in the first place is because homophobic people exist and we need to go on a eggshells around them to make them accept us and not simply disown us or something. So sorry, we should be able to just say, "I'm gay and I'm marring this girl" and they shouldn't have any saying in the matter. In fact they should be happy not angry by default unless "I'll come out in the right way".

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 7:27PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

schuyguy posted:

Oh, I thought she was saying "it's already obvious how this will turn out". I assumed that the she would've used 目に見える for something that will be obvious.

To be honest, you can probably interpret it the way you did as well. The phrase is very vague and the fact they assumed she means parents could be actually seen as taking some liberties already. I'm pretty sure I would rather go into direction of her saying "you can tell we are faking it from miles away" than specifically saying her parents would be the one to spot it. Also after I looked at second sentence you brought up, it kinda looks like a rewrite to me. It kinda means the same thing, but in now way you could get that from that sentence.

And no, I'm not a member of the group. Personally, if I make errors I'd be happier that someone point them out to me, so if I notice errors I do the same.

Np. I thought so, but I just wanted to make sure in case you are making some official comment about changes that will be implemented.

EDIT/ In fact when I thought about it more "Why can't they be happy with me just marrying someone who doesn't meet their expectations!" really doesn't fit with story and conversation, because "It makes me want to just find someone they can't brag about, and only let them know after I'm married!" is exactly what they did and explains why Hana suggested herself as she is someone Machi parents definitely won't be able to brag about.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 7:49PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

To be honest, you can probably interpret it the way you did as well. The phrase is very vague and the fact they assumed she means parents could be actually seen as taking some liberties already. I'm pretty sure I would rather go into direction of her saying "you can tell we are faking it from miles away" than specifically saying her parents would be the one to spot it.

Okay, thanks for the explanation. I got rid of that one, since I'm the one who was wrong, or even if I'm right it's unclear. The other two I'm more sure about though.

joined Mar 15, 2017

schuyguy posted:

To be honest, you can probably interpret it the way you did as well. The phrase is very vague and the fact they assumed she means parents could be actually seen as taking some liberties already. I'm pretty sure I would rather go into direction of her saying "you can tell we are faking it from miles away" than specifically saying her parents would be the one to spot it.

She's talking about her being able to predict her parent's reaction. "I can see it now." As in "it" being what she described in the speech bubble.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

this chap is A Gold, especially that credit page at the end lol.
kouhai-kun is such a troll char,
everything that she did in this chap is like killing a bunch of birds using one stone.
it was really awesome XD can't wait for the next chap!
it's been a while since I've felt this way,
the last time I felt this Hyped is when I read kobayashi chi no maid doragon chap 70

Img_20200405_004052
joined Mar 24, 2018

The sudden serious bed room eyes to the "I'm just joking calm down" change was great

Jinx%20avatar%20150x150
joined Jan 11, 2017

I just hope it doesn't go down the path Cocytus did.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I just hope it doesn't go down the path Cocytus did.

This story already seems much more light-hearted than Cocytus, which was super heavy from the beginning. Of course there's the obligatory dramatic internal monologues, but at this point I'm predicting a much happier story.

She's talking about her being able to predict her parent's reaction. "I can see it now." As in "it" being what she described in the speech bubble.

Okay, so I was right the first time. Thanks.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 8:13PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Reejun posted:

Silly me I didn't look at page for some reason and based on other sentence from the same page I assumed she said it after Hina suggested marring. In that case I agree "I can see it." or something like that would be more accurate.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 8:17PM

Hqdefault%20(2)
joined Apr 5, 2018

another sad manga from her

ready to rip my heart out :'))

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I don't get it. If Machi wanted her parents to back off, so much that she would risk alienating them, why wouldn't she just tell them back the foxtrot-uniform-charlie-kilo off? It would have the same effect, without the emotional dangers of leading the poor lesbian on.
I started to dislike Machi, when I found out, she already shot poor Hana down. It's just cruel to put Hana in that situation. Even if it was Hana's idea. Hana is obviously hoping something is going to happen, and her heart will be broken all over again when it doesn't.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

the credit page lol, anyone knows it's source ? i'm sure i've seen it somewhere.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

From the title, I was expecting another Mochi Au Laid 4-pager.

This is the exact reason I clicked this (not knowing the mangaka/their work). I was actually laughing a bit and then the last few pages happened. What a sudden curve!!

...I'll still give this a few more chapters, though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.