Forum › Anime season

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So Cutie Honey Universe kinda has a lot of yuri. Mostly for fanservice and a lot of it involves the villains, but...

(Also I'm not sure I'd consider the show good)

last edited at Apr 8, 2018 9:05PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So Cutie Honey Universe kinda has a lot of yuri. Mostly for fanservice and a lot of it involves the villains, but...

(Also I'm not sure I'd consider the show good)

I remember watching a few episodes of the original Cutie Honey, and it started with her staying in dorms at a girls' school. There was a woman who looked after the dorms I think it was, who was a total, flaming dyke who was thirsty as hell for Honey. Played for laughs and she was supposed to be this butt-ugly matron, but at least lesbian elements have been baked in right from the start.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wow, I randomly watched first episode of Fumikiri Jikan and it already started with love confession that is not played for laughs. Episodes are supposedly 5 minutes long, though first was only 3 and half, which can be good or bad thing depending how you look at it.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Wow, I randomly watched first episode of Fumikiri Jikan and it already started with love confession that is not played for laughs. Episodes are supposedly 5 minutes long, though first was only 3 and half, which can be good or bad thing depending how you look at it.

Note that it's an anthology series, and pretty much all of the groups for later episodes include guys

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Yeah, Comic Girls turned out surprisingly well. Definite watch

Meanwhile, Lostorage is not getting better and Mahou Shoujo Site is possibly too faithful to it's source material

Ruuko is back though, and that is all that matters.

Note that it's an anthology series, and pretty much all of the groups for later episodes include guys

So best to watch ep 1 and forget about it?

last edited at Apr 9, 2018 7:13PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hylarn posted:

I saw it was manga adaptation, but there was no real info about it and it seems it wasn't scanlated so I really have no idea what to expect from it. Just the first episode and the way the conversation went was really refreshing for a change. You don't really see it often in manga and especially in anime.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Let's talk about this!! https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-10/uchi-no-maid-ga-uzasugiru-comedy-manga-gets-fall-tv-anime/.130216 double standars aside (very lolicon girl I think) I think the manga was translated like 2 or 3 years ago, but only one chapter and then nothing... So wow, this came out of nowhere, I'm excited !!

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Let's talk about this!! https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-10/uchi-no-maid-ga-uzasugiru-comedy-manga-gets-fall-tv-anime/.130216 double standars aside (very lolicon girl I think) I think the manga was translated like 2 or 3 years ago, but only one chapter and then nothing... So wow, this came out of nowhere, I'm excited !!

The first chapter was pretty interesting, to the point that I immediately recognized the MC when I saw the article. I'm intrigued to see how this goes.
If we're talking about excitement, though, the Hitoribocchi anime and Kase-san OVA still rank much higher on my "Omigod this is happening!" scale.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well, maybe because we know a lot about Kase and Bochi but we only had a little taste of this... But I don't understand how this manga was dropped just like that, but oh well now we have an anime with pretty cute designs and SIX PACK HMMMMM cough I'm sorry.... Anyway, It would be pretty ironic if someone picks up the manga again, I've seen so many mangas picked up during the anime hype period and when it's over the translation dies too slowly. Unlike Doki and New Game and Bakkin gamu!! they're pretty cool people!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

double standars aside

What double standards exactly?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Serenata posted:

double standars aside

What double standards exactly?

I think it's the fact that if the maid was a guy, most of us would find the manga gross and offensive.

Although seeing the raws, she looks way less pushy than most lolicon characters. That's certainly not the title I would hope to get an anime, though, but could be fun.
The studio is also not known for fanservice, so expecting it being toned down.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Indeed, if the maid was a guy I wouldn't give this a chance, but I'm not expecting the maid to be really trying something bad (only based on the first chapter) anyway despite of gender because then it would be a very different kind of story.

I really can't remember the fanservice if there was any so toned down or not, I'm hoping for a good comedy at least... and hopefully not a 5 minutes per episode format x_x

joined Feb 21, 2018

There is full frontal nudity if both girls on the first chapter, so it's pretty much a given that it will be toned down at least a tad.

joined Mar 15, 2017

and hopefully not a 5 minutes per episode format x_x

There's only 17 chapters at this point and those chapters aren't long or anything. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is going to be short episodes.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Indeed, if the maid was a guy I wouldn't give this a chance, but I'm not expecting the maid to be really trying something bad (only based on the first chapter) anyway despite of gender because then it would be a very different kind of story.

I really can't remember the fanservice if there was any so toned down or not, I'm hoping for a good comedy at least... and hopefully not a 5 minutes per episode format x_x

Doga Kobo doesn't make short animes.
Their animation is usually pretty solid, too.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Reejun posted:

and hopefully not a 5 minutes per episode format x_x

There's only 17 chapters at this point and those chapters aren't long or anything. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is going to be short episodes.

Then maybe we will get more fillers. Or at least we will get all 17 chapters animated.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Music playing at the start of Mahou Shoujo Site's first episode has me hooked. Like really hooked. After reading that it is gruesome in the beginning I was not sure if I want to watch its first episodes. But went ahead with the first episode anyway. After hearing the music I thought yeah it is going to be something impactful. I'll love it if we get a happy ending with the two of them together and alive.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Call me crazy, but I thin kaos from Comic Girls might be gay, call it a hunch.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

rederoin posted:

Call me crazy, but I thin kaos from Comic Girls might be gay, call it a hunch.

A better challenge would be to spot the straight girl, hard mode? characters without a name don't count!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Finally got around watching the new Legend of The Galactic Bishonen...
I went to watch that bad boy with the worst attitude in the world but in the end it wasn't too bad...
I mean sure i wanted to stab my eyes the moment Reuenthal and Mittermeyer appeared in the opening and i'm really tired of Reinahrd's overused voice actor, but what can i say, it was fun

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well, might just say it again, but for anyone planning to watch Lostorage S2 without reading Peeping Analyze, it's not a good idea. The second episode tells a summary of it, but of course, it becomes really confusing without reading the manga.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Finally got some time to watch anime & dropped most of what I watched from this season so far. New LOGH is decent. Megalo Box is ok. Will also keep up with Tachibanakan for LOLs & Uma Musume for potential yuri. Not many shows to watch this season, which is a good thing since I'm way behind on last season.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gudetamago posted:

Finally got some time to watch anime & dropped most of what I watched from this season so far. New LOGH is decent. Megalo Box is ok. Will also keep up with Tachibanakan for LOLs & Uma Musume for potential yuri. Not many shows to watch this season, which is a good thing since I'm way behind on last season.

SAO is pretty cool! without kirito!!!!!
Comic girls and Major too :)
Speaking about Major... Goro's daughter is soooo my type, I'm glad is not just the son this time.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

watching a whole bunch of anime im having trouble keeping up im still watching shows from a season or two ago im dying. still need to watch s2 of heroaca,girlslasttour,slowstart,theuniverseone,and alot more kek

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Start with Girl's last tour, ignore all distractions

To reply you must either login or sign up.