Forum › Anime season

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

The part about Special Week's parents in Ume musume was rather interesting, to put it lightly.

https://imgur.com/a/jfOAU

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ookaaayyy I was bothered with the trainer (I don't want him to be the guy's self insert like the captain in kancolle) from the trailer so I was hesitating to give it a try but... I mean, I'm not even hoping for real yuri BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT ....!!! O_O

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

ookaaayyy I was bothered with the trainer (I don't want him to be the guy's self insert like the captain in kancolle)

Oh, he's nothing like how the admiral was handled in the KanColle anime. He's so, so much worse

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

ookaaayyy I was bothered with the trainer (I don't want him to be the guy's self insert like the captain in kancolle)

Oh, he's nothing like how the admiral was handled in the KanColle anime. He's so, so much worse

Yeah, after watching the first episode I really feel like I shouldn't continue

joined Feb 21, 2018

A trainer who treats horse girls like horses is worse than the faceless captain that marries all his ships? Yeah, sure.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The part about Special Week's parents in Ume musume was rather interesting, to put it lightly.

I still find it creepy in general, like these girls are supposed to be more horse than human. Like, even in this scene, since one of them is human, it could be seen as a owner making her horse breed to get a new horse. Then she sends her horse to the trainer so she'll learn how to race.
That's probably why the game is creepy all around, with the "raise your own horse girl" line.
I really won't bother watching it.

joined Feb 21, 2018

I still find it creepy in general, like these girls are supposed to be more horse than human. Like, even in this scene, since one of them is human, it could be seen as a owner making her horse breed to get a new horse. Then she sends her horse to the trainer so she'll learn how to race.
That's probably why the game is creepy all around, with the "raise your own horse girl" line.

Funny how the show bothered to explain how these girls are born and where they come from and yet you want to put some creepy spin on it that doesnt actually exist.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Funny how the show bothered to explain how these girls are born and where they come from and yet you want to put some creepy spin on it that doesnt actually exist.

Hey, that's how the game sells it.
And then there's the trainer groping the girl's legs, and no one cares because...well, he's a trainer and she's a horse, I guess.
That and all the time he talks about them as if they're horses.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Clearly not since the game doesn't even have a release date. What we do have is the anime, and it explains at the very beginning how the horse girls are created and raised. You say no one cares and yet the trainer is constantly getting his ass kicked, the leg groping got him kicked in the face twice for being mistaken for a pervert. Other than the leg grope how does he talk about the girls like they are horses? Literally, the only thing he does that seems out of the ordinary for a sports anime is grope a stranger's leg to judge their running capability. The rest of the show he has treated them like a regular human athlete.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The game is actually coming out soon, and the whole point of the anime is promoting it. Well, regardless of you finding it creepy or not, even though the idea is, this is just another ad for a mobage, and expecting yuri from it is asking for deception. The game site is already full player pandering (player is fixed male) in the girls voices, and that's pretty much what this will be. You'll find a lot of friendship, of course, because the girls need to be available to the player.

Well, guess nothing stop people from shipping, but I wouldn't recommend it to yuri fans. (And to no one who has no intention of playing the game, actually.)

joined Feb 21, 2018

Well, it's clear that you did extensive research on the yuri potential of the game with a "soon" 2018 release date. But it seems you managed to just miss the very few starting minutes of the show. Then you completely dismissed the whole "two moms with no father mentioned".

Also, got to give it to you to not recommend a game no one has even played. It could be great like Love Live or creepy like Kancolle, but lets just wait for the release before throwing around baseless judgements.

How about this, just watch the show for what it is without putting your own made up creepy spin on it?

last edited at Apr 2, 2018 10:29AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I actually followed the game updates because I do like mobile games and I keep wondering if they'll be of my interest. I can assure you it's not like Love Live, as the girls' voices are already otaku pandering, like saying Trainer-san for pretty much everything, or the younger girls calling the player "onii-chan". At best, it'll be like im@s. Also, the other recently released Cygames game is a full harem, and the PV had the girls hugging each other, too.
You can't really ignore the game and watch the anime since the anime only exists as an advertising, but still. Again, you can ship what you want, but since you're recommending it to yuri fans, I just want to warn that this is made to self-insert otaku, no yuri fans. So most people will probably feel betrayed if they watch without that in mind. I mean, yuri fans already make a lot of drama by watching something that was not meant to them and...well...realizing it was not meant to them.

joined Feb 21, 2018

This thread isnt only about yuri anime, yuri fans can like anime that has no yuri at all. But since you tried painting the young horse girl being raised by her second mother as creepy Im not sure what to say at this point. I really can't take this criticism seriously. "Trainer-san" is gender neutral. The only argument you have for otaku self insert is the girls using "onii-chan" once in a blue moon. Nothing about how they treat the trainer at all, only what they refer to the faceless PC that is absent from the anime.

It's clear you are making an argument based on other games and not this game. Worse, you are then projecting your judgement of the game onto the anime that has male and female trainers.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

"Trainer-san" is gender neutral. The only argument you have for otaku self insert is the girls using "onii-chan" once in a blue moon.

How is it gender neutral if some call him onii-chan? It's not once in a blue moon, it's how all the younger girls call him.

It's clear you are making an argument based on other games and not this game. Worse, you are then projecting your judgement of the game onto the anime that has male and female trainers.

You can't deny the intention of a work. Im@s has female producer. It doesn't chance the fact that you can only be male in the actual game, so a female producer would never be MC.

But since you tried painting the young horse girl being raised by her second mother as creepy Im not sure what to say at this point.

The whole horse thing is already creepy, but then you have things like the groping (the girls kick him? Right, like horses do. How about making other people actually react to his actions, that are clearly wrong? He did that in public and no one cared). And phrases like "hold tight to her reins". It might no be the intention, but it is creepy.

Thing is, when you keep defending that she has two moms, you're implying the show is relevant to yuri. I'm just saying it's not. I'm pretty sure they'll never imply the two mother's were a couple, to begin with. It's just a gimmicky and a way to not put more male except for the self-insert.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

While is still too early to say that it won't have any yuri development (well, maybe not with the main girl) the fact that a trainer is surrounded with a huuuuuuuge amount of girls and he is pretty much doing whatever he wants without care of how the others feels is really what makes this creepy, is like Wtv said, oh she kicked him so it's fine? nah because he didn't learn and did it again and the people around him didn't seem to care and probably never will ah but when she kicked him they were shocked!! is not like they were blind.

The trainer is supposed to be the player in game, so is not surprising that he gets to do all short of things with many girls, I'm just disappointed because the anime was announced months ago but when we had like 1 or 2 weeks before the release BOOM new trailer, look at this guy! and I was like awwwwwwww shyet and when I saw the first episode it was all that I was afraid of.

joined Feb 21, 2018

How is it gender neutral if some call him onii-chan? It's not once in a blue moon, it's how all the younger girls call him.

I literally said "Trainer-san" is gender neutral and "onii-san" isn't. You also said that all the girls mostly call the PC "trainer-san". Which is It? Do they called him mostly "trainer-san" or "onii-chan"? I just don't think you are being honest right now.

You can't deny the intention of a work. Im@s has female producer. It doesn't chance the fact that you can only be male in the actual game, so a female producer would never be MC.

I can when you are just making it up out of thin air based on other games. The game isn't even out and yet you are making grand statements about it and projecting those preconcieved judgments onto the anime.

The whole horse thing is already creepy, but then you have things like the groping (the girls kick him? Right, like horses do. How about making other people actually react to his actions, that are clearly wrong? He did that in public and no one cared). And phrases like "hold tight to her reins". It might no be the intention, but it is creepy.

Now you're just being ridiculous. Monster girls are just creepy in general now? Yeah, no.

Thing is, when you keep defending that she has two moms, you're implying the show is relevant to yuri. I'm just saying it's not. I'm pretty sure they'll never imply the two mother's were a couple, to begin with. It's just a gimmicky and a way to not put more male except for the self-insert.

Yeah, I'm done. It's clear that you have this preconceived notion that even the slightest hint of yuri is just bait to fool you. You don't care what actually happens in the show, you already had your opinion before it even aired.

last edited at Apr 2, 2018 5:17PM

joined Dec 4, 2016

^As long it has solid female x female interactions it's all good for me. And as long it's not like Cinderella girls which is more biased toward male self insert.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

A trainer who treats horse girls like horses is worse than the faceless captain that marries all his ships? Yeah, sure.

Hey now, I specified KanColle anime, where the admiral is a complete non-entity

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I literally said "Trainer-san" is gender neutral and "onii-san" isn't. You also said that all the girls mostly call the PC "trainer-san". Which is It? Do they called him mostly "trainer-san" or "onii-chan"? I just don't think you are being honest right now.

As I said, some girls call him trainer-san, and the younger girls (call it loli if you want) call him "onii-chan". There's no doubt that the player character is male and there's no gender selection. That's a fact.

Here the imouto character, or whatever: https://umamusume.jp/character/currenchan/
Another one: https://umamusume.jp/character/riceshower/

It's not even bait, because anyone who knows a little about these games can see what's about. These girls are every mobage stereotype ever.

Here's your yuri character, btw: https://umamusume.jp/character/agnesdigital/
You better hope for her appearance in an episode, because you probably won't get another one. In fact, her sentence: "I want to become a trainer, too", already shows that the trainer is the one getting the girls affection.
The chances that she'll also love the trainer is high, though.

last edited at Apr 2, 2018 6:52PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wtv posted:

Here the imouto character, or whatever: https://umamusume.jp/character/currenchan/
Another one: https://umamusume.jp/character/riceshower/
Here's your yuri character, btw: https://umamusume.jp/character/agnesdigital/

While the last one is not that clear cut, the first 2 are 100% "I want trainer to notice me" kind you would expect from imouto character overidolizing older brother character. So yea, kinda hard to argue against that. Also trying to deny those games are not 90% of the time made to pander to lonely otakus looking for affection is really ignorant. Sure it might have some yuri in it, but we are not their targeted audience in any shape or form, so you shouldn't rise your hopes too high.

joined Feb 21, 2018

First, saying that the there is no doubt the PC is male and then saying that it's a fact there is no gender selection makes no sense. Is it high probability or are you stating a fact that you read somewhere?

You literally said "like saying Trainer-san for pretty much everything." You need to get your argument straight.

I love how the girl wanting to also be a trainer is somehow her wanting to be with the trainer to you. So does Special Week wanting to be like Silent Sazuka means she wants to be with Sazuka? The contradictions are building higher.

Also, that isn't the only yuri girl. They have two girls kissing in the games promo video and both have already made an appearance in the anime.

@Nevri maybe I'm just spoiled by games like Honkai Impact and Love Live that has more yuri than otaku pandering that I'm not based enough to pass judgement on a game thag doesn't even have a release date.

last edited at Apr 2, 2018 7:53PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Like, do you even read what I wrote? Those two girls says: "onii-chan" and "onii-sama". They're talking about the trainer. There's not "onee-chan" option. This is the exact same format as idolm@ster.

You know, I play Honkai Impact, too. I played Love Live in the past. I play Bandori, Magia Record and Granblue Fantasy. I know mobage can be something more than player pandering. But that's why it's easy to realize when that's the case.
Also, you realized what the yuri girl says? She says she's envious because the trainer has a harem of horse girls, so she wants to be a trainer, too. She admits (at least in her vision) that the girls are the trainer's harem.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think we've had enough on both sides. You two have said your piece in about a dozen ways each, and honestly it's pushed out all other discussions. Touch gloves and go back to neutral corners now.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Just noticed that Tachibakan will air from 25:00 to 25:05 on its twitter, another hope is dashed.

I think ill just be depressed all day.

joined Apr 1, 2017

Even NTR got more than that. I'm not sure how they plan on adapting a monthly manga like that, unless they just decide to do nothing but the To love Ru style gags with none of the actual character substance.

To reply you must either login or sign up.