Forum › Anime season

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I want to watch Lost Song but even in Spanish the subtitles are horrible ...*sigh*

Between no one seriously subbing Lost Song and what little I've heard from people that've watched it, I don't get the impression it's very good

Ruki needs to switch from teen love(?) to smutty yuri, she has so much reference material!

At least Ruki seems to be doing okay with her current output. I really have no idea why Koyume isn't drawing yuri

joined Feb 21, 2018

Magical Girl Site is hinting at the yuri earlier than expected.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

im really loving conflated wixoss . BATTORU.

last edited at Apr 21, 2018 2:11AM

Av
joined May 25, 2015

Hearing your general description of Franxx, I was reminded of Soul Eater; their similarities probably end at one partner being the weapon and the other the wielder, but hey, that's a really good show.

joined Jun 17, 2014

really loved that metal soundtrack for the villains in My hero aca.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The anime of Yagakimi has been announced.... in CGI https://i.imgur.com/vM1YZvU.jpg :( by Millepensee studio https://i.imgur.com/ibivQCI.png

joined Jun 12, 2015

... Don't play with my heart like that. I was ready to go to japan and starting to punch people randomly <_<

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

The anime of Yagakimi has been announced.... in CGI https://i.imgur.com/vM1YZvU.jpg :( by Millepensee studio https://i.imgur.com/ibivQCI.png

You're wrong, the announcement said that Polygon Pictures is the one adapting it.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

New yuru yuri ova!

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

You motherfucker

joined Jun 17, 2014

cutie honey is good so far hopefully its stays that way.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014
Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

http://moetron.net/post/173261710560/a-tv-anime-adaptation-of-nio-nakatanis-yuri-manga

So many yuri anime does that make in the last 2 years?

YOU MOTHERFUCJ

Maki_avi-2
joined Apr 13, 2018

I haven't read Bloom Into You and was just thinking today that I should finally get around to it, since it's been on my bucket list since forever.

Well, I guess now I have the right motivation to do that.

joined Jun 17, 2014

i agree with this person alot. the whole yuri fan purity thing is getting toxic https://twitter.com/yuricashcab/status/987373626008711168

last edited at Apr 24, 2018 4:36PM

joined Feb 21, 2018

"Its okay to not like content, except when I have to read your opinions that go against mine."

People like pure romance stories while others like smut like 50 Shades of Grey. There is no toxicity.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

My joke triggered the real adaptation... YOU WELCOME :l
But seriously I'm super happy and is not really a surprise considering how good it is! it was a matter of time

joined Jun 17, 2014

"Its okay to not like content, except when I have to read your opinions that go against mine."

People like pure romance stories while others like smut like 50 Shades of Grey. There is no toxicity.

so you didn't read the other comments below they said its alright not to like it. its just people are calling citrus not a real Yuri because its not just cute girls being cute and have no baggage, by being pure by being dense as a box of rocks about love. Pure as in hand holding and never going further like women have no desire like....you know dirty stuff.

last edited at Apr 24, 2018 7:38PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I guess is the influence of Maria Sama ga miteiru that made those pure relationships something standard... I find it silly, because then Himawari san would be more yuri than Kaze san because Kaze already went far beyond hand holding

joined Jun 17, 2014

kek

joined Feb 21, 2018

so you didn't read the other comments below they said its alright not to like it. its just people are calling citrus not a real Yuri because its not just cute girls being cute and have no baggage, by being pure by being dense as a box of rocks about love. Pure as in hand holding and never going further like women have no desire like....you know dirty stuff.

I am completely at a loss of what you are even trying to remotely get at.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

They're saying it's frustrating when people put down a yuri manga for including sexual themes.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

So, how gay is this "Liz to Aoi Tori" thing? Is it just yuribait like the thing it's a spin-off of? Someone mentioned it in the Bloom into You anime announcement reddit thread (also, yesssssss) and said something like it was a triumph for the yuri genre (okay, I badly misquoted that, but it's something like that). It's apparently super popular in Japan right now, so I guess it would be a triumph if it actually were... but, yeah, I'm getting myself hyped up over one person's comment. Can anyone else testify that this is all that person claimed it is or is it just the usual subtext?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I think they're talking about the idealization of yuri or lesbian romance in general. Some people don't consider certain series, like Citrus, yuri because it has some problematic sexual content. So unless a yuri series is wholesome, "pure" lesbian romance with 0 questionable sexual content, it's not yuri to these people. (This is the whole theme of Yuri Kuma Arashi, btw. Great series). They're not upset about people's preference for purer romance, I don't think, just people's perception against sexual themes in yuri.

last edited at Apr 25, 2018 4:20AM

joined Feb 21, 2018

They're saying it's frustrating when people put down a yuri manga for including sexual themes.

But their link is a twitter post about Kase-san VS Citrus. They both have sexual themes, it seems the twitter post is mad that people dont like it when yuri has sexual assault in it.

I think they're talking about the idealization of yuri or lesbian romance in general. Some people don't consider certain series, like Citrus, yuri because it has some problematic sexual content. So unless a yuri series is wholesome, "pure" lesbian romance with 0 questionable sexual content, it's not yuri to these people. (This is the whole theme of Yuri Kuma Arashi, btw. Great series). They're not upset about people's preference for purer romance, I don't think, just people's perception against sexual themes in yuri.

That really doesnt help when their link doesnt have anyone saying that Citrus isnt Yuri. The comment in the Twitter post simply says that they dropped Citrus because they were lied to about it being wholesome. They just wanted a wholesome lesbian show. Nothing about Citrus not being real yuri. Just seems like someone built a strawman to argue with.

To reply you must either login or sign up.