Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... Oh come on, guys, it's not rocket surgery. The initial part of this new chapter is a flashback to when Arisa lost her memory the first time around, and transitions to a little bit after where we left off in the previous chapter.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

This entire manga is the rocket science behind the solution of my crippling depression.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think it's nearly ended, though. Most of the issues are resolved, and they both consider themselves Wife and Wife. Arisa is getting slowly less shy, Mari more active, etc.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

"Next time I forget, don't tell me I'm your girlfriend.

Tell me I'm your wife."

That's actually a really romantic line.

joined May 23, 2015

With how absurdly popular the series is, I doubt it will end anytime soon.

Although, in a way, the chapter WAS a finale. The finale to volume 3.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Why hasn't this been eng licensed, had an anime adaption made of it yet? It is way too goddamn sweet.
It's nice to know that Arisa got her groove back

joined Mar 15, 2017

With how absurdly popular the series is, I doubt it will end anytime soon.

It's apparently selling okay, but not "absurdly".

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

The gray frames give away that it's a flashback. It's really not hard to follow.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The gray frames give away that it's a flashback. It's really not hard to follow.

That and the whole "Arisa being a badass tachi" thing

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

And the fact that Mari literally tells you this is a flashback. This really shouldn't be this hard for you, people.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

What's with those first two pages though? I mean, first something completely unrelated/a fantasy. Then a flash back. Then back to the story.

I'm not saying it's difficult to figure out but it's a bit of a messy chapter ^^

last edited at Apr 12, 2018 3:29PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

What's with those first two pages though? I mean, first something completely unrelated/a fantasy. Then a flash back. Then back to the story.

The 2 color pages are basically what Tamamusi used getting center color pages in the magazine for, and are separate from the chapter itself and weren't placed with it in the tank.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Loving every single chapter of this series. Heck yeah.

Self%20portrait%202015%20finished%20-tumblr
joined Apr 28, 2015

Hahaha. I love this manga so much.

Monkey D. Luffy
Fb_img_1542458579509
joined Jan 11, 2018

Arisa... What da heck? LOL
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch20#4

last edited at Apr 12, 2018 8:58PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So....now that we know the last time Mari saw Arisa before she lost her memory was when she proposed, that makes the flashback to when she found out HEARTBREAKING.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch07

She proposed, Arisa freaked out and vanished for three days, and Mari had no idea if she had been in an accident, or ran away, or what.

;_______________;

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

While it was cute in the beginning, it's starting to get boring and repetitive. Same jokes and same over reactions to everything. Every chapter has been pretty much the same.

It dumbfounds me that this complaint comes with a chapter that resolves a cliffhanger and finally gives the conclusive explanation to where her amnesia came from.

Also they're engaged now.

last edited at Apr 12, 2018 9:26PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Well, we are still left with a bit of a mystery over what happened between Arisa leaving the amusement park and winding up in hospital. The overkill of happiness is most likely a factor, but was it completely the cause?

spooky music plays, but it's a goofy lesbian kinda spooky music

joined Feb 1, 2013

Oh my god... Oh my god! Oh. My. God! Can this truly be the perfect story?!

I personally like the sweet innocent Arisa more than the aggressive horndog she was (lol but that's just me), as it forced Mari to step up and become a stronger more confident woman as a result. I'm not trying to "bottom shame", but I think it's cool that Mari isn't quite so passive as she was in the past. I mean, good for her! When the time comes, they can even take turns being "top" from now on XD!

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

This series is still so cute. Though, just as a personal preference, nothing against the series or the author, but I wish Mari-san maintained her tomboyish-ness more resolutely. She just doesn't look right when the author tries to add feminine accessories to her.

that's what is glorious about being a tomboy. you're not limited to being a "boy." you can wear your jewelry and feminine clothes and be sexy as hell as it pleases you. you're not an actual guy, so there's no reason to always have to dress like one. i mean, you like girls as a lesbian because they are girls. if all you cared about was them looking like a boy then date boys? lol. you can dress a certain way, like a tomboy, but that's not like that's all you are. and i love that that's not all this author makes her be.

i know you said it's just your personal preference, and i'm not saying that's wrong. my own is seeing more to a character than that, as i've said. i think a woman being a tomboy, but also being comfortable enough in their femininity to show it in small ways, is pretty sexy.

edit: and i can't help it. i love pre-amnesia arisa more. it's rare to see such a horndog in yuri that it just makes me smile at it.

last edited at Apr 13, 2018 3:46AM

Maki_avi-2
joined Apr 13, 2018

I'm currently spearheading a research project in collaboration with the top scientists of Harvard and Yale to help unearth just how the author of this series manages to have a series of twenty chapters and counting and yet every individual page of every single chapter continues to be pure, unadulterated gold. Please stay with us as we intend to unravel one of the greatest and yet most thrilling mysteries of nature.

(This series is really good is what I'm saying)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

i love pre-amnesia arisa more.

I can’t choose. And you can’t make me.

Arisa’s tagline “who has had sex with you!” cracks me up every time. And she’s right—that’s an important detail, one that you should definitely share with your amnesiac partner.

Maybe not necessarily in the same sentence you (re-)introduce yourself with, though.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

As goofy as post-amnesia Arisa is, she does seem easier to deal with than the old Arisa who seemingly wouldn't let her girlfriend get a word in, and was apparently constantly horny.
I mean, she's still super horny, but at least Mari can actually talk to her now without getting fondled.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Always remember to practice safe proposals so you don't accidentally break the mind of your loved one.

Maki_avi-2
joined Apr 13, 2018

Always remember to practice safe proposals so you don't accidentally break the mind of your loved one.

It's not true love unless one or more minds are broken.

To reply you must either login or sign up.