Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

So that's our first look at the artstyle the anime will have. It's cute~

last edited at Mar 21, 2018 12:10PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think they had Hana Kana voicing Satou in one of the advertisements for the manga. I wonder if they'll get her for the series as well.

Edit: Never mind, it's written on their website. No need to wonder.

last edited at Mar 21, 2018 6:40PM

joined Dec 10, 2017

I hope the anime will be on Crunchyroll

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

I first heard of this manga through the anime announcement. I then immediately binge read all 22 chapters. GODDAMN CLIFFHANGERS!

Looking forward to the anime, though. Could easily be a train wreck, but the discussions it might spawn from people going in blind should be more than enough for it to be entertaining for me. Please, the world needs more official canon yuri relationships.

Finally, regarding plot of the story itself... Spoiler warning, as I have no idea how to do spoilers on mobile, but I'm only going to mention content that's available to be read here, and fairly vaguely at that anyways.

Above all else I want to mention that I get the feeling this might become something at least slightly... supernatural? Because, good god, this little town has an abnormally high concentration of batshit crazy people. Nearly every single character that's served a role beyond background character is utterly frothing mad. I find it quite interesting that little abducted girl's brother (?) equated her warming presence to thatof the moon. Normally, when talking about a person's radiant smile and charisma, they might compare it to the sun. But he very much specifically mentioned the moon a couple of times. And though I'm not sure if it was simply added by the scanlator team, or was part of the official raw pages, there was a brief line on the border of one of the opening pages that mentioned the archaic definition of lunatic. Paraphrasing here, but, "Lunatic - a person who has been driven insane by exposure to the moon".

Basically every single person we've seen that has been in contact with abductee loli has since behaved, well, like a goddamn lunatic. Though we haven't seen much any of MC prior to her meeting abductee loli, crazy-lolicon-co-worker-schoolboy-rape-victim-guy seemed to be a perfectly normally functioning member of society prior to lunar loli (and also getting raped. That's also probably a factor).

Anyways, regardless, as sometimes silly as this story may be, I have been thoroughly entertained. Not to mention, also thoroughly disappointed by catching up to the translations just in time for a big cliffhanger. Poor normal friend-chan is clearly best girl, but I now greatly fear for her life since she has intruded upon psycho MC's love nest... Not to mention, it was awfully dumb to just stand in plain view and snap a pic of the evidence. Oh, poor foolish lonely girl... you only meant well... kinda.

last edited at Mar 24, 2018 4:26AM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Because, good god, this little town has an abnormally high concentration of batshit crazy people.

That kept me away from this one for a long time. I read the first few chapters, and it was, “new character = horrible person,” “Oh, maybe this one’s nice” > “Nope, utterly warped and insane,” “So, those bags—not just trash, huh?,” etc.

Much later I realized that this story was not actually set in our world but on Planet Creepoid, where what counts as “good” is a moment-to-moment thing, and where deluded friend is ultimately better off where she ends up. So now it’s, if not “fun,” rather . . . interesting.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I just noticed something. If you compare chapter 18 to chapter 21, it appears that in chapter 18 Satou gave Mitsuboshi Shio's sock, but in chapter 21 Mitsuboshi gives Asahi Shio's necktie (the one she wears in flashback sequences before Satou got her, and on the poster).

Previously I had assumed they were the same item. No idea if this has any significance. Except that I guess Mitsuboshi probably still has that sock.

last edited at Mar 25, 2018 8:44PM

joined Mar 29, 2018

Can I help with translating this somehow?
I tried to contact by mail and PM, but it seems those aren't checked very often.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Can I help with translating this somehow?
I tried to contact by mail and PM, but it seems those aren't checked very often.

We have translated scripts going up to chapter 34 (the one released a week ago). So an additional translator is unnecessary.

last edited at Mar 30, 2018 9:56AM

joined Mar 29, 2018

Guess I'll just wait patiently then. Keep up the good work!

joined Oct 8, 2011

Does anyone know what Fasni is?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch22#6

last edited at Mar 31, 2018 4:18PM

EnjoyTheNoise
Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Wow, it's been a while, and this story is intense as always. I couldn't help but go ahead and read the raws...

Sato-chan is a murderer! RIP, friend-chan. We finally get insight on Shio-chan's mind and her past. There are quite a few chapters on her mom and her, and they were interesting. Mom-chan is too much of a precious child who didn't deserve what happened to her.
Sato and Shio finally get into a fight and talk it out (if it really counted), kind of developing, I suppose. How our protagonists met is finally revealed, and it was really really nice.
And we also get to see more into Sato too, like her relationship with her aunt and a realization on how she defines love.

I looked up the raws and hooooly, at this point I'm not even going to sympathize with Sato, she is fucking psycho. What is her motivation isn't love, it's obsession with a lot of impulsiveness and I hope somebody will stop her. RIP Shouko, she was the only character that wanted to help because she really cared about her "friend", not because of some weird-ass reasons lol. Also RIP Shouko cuz she was the most likeable character from this manga for me |:

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also RIP Shouko cuz she was the most likeable character from this manga for me |:

The field of competition for that title was not very crowded.

EnjoyTheNoise
Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Also RIP Shouko cuz she was the most likeable character from this manga for me |:

The field of competition for that title was not very crowded.

Actually, you're right xD

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

What about Suu-chan?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What about Suu-chan?

Judging “likability” obviously depends on what qualities any given person likes, but in this series the cast seems to be divided into “those who are so obviously damaged as to be a threat to themselves and/or others” and the (much smaller group) “those who are damaged in such a way as to be oblivious to the danger posed by the first group.”

Pushed to it, you’d have to give the nod to someone in that second group if only on the basis of a lower dead body/other serious felony count, but not too many folks in this series have much of a shot at moving from the “dislikable” to the “actively likable” category.

But maybe that’s just me—I’ve had more than a couple of crazy friends/acquaintances in my life, but I don’t consciously sort for that.

last edited at Apr 4, 2018 9:31PM

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

that sensei reminds me too much of Dr. Danny from Angels of Death

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

damn idiot forgot to turn off the flash

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

damn idiot forgot to turn off the flash

I think the fake shutter noise is not optional for most phones in Japan, to reduce someone's ability to secretly photograph other people. Not 100% sure though.

BeatoricheUshiromiya
joined Apr 7, 2018

I'm sad because HSL is going to have an anime.

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

At the page where the picture was taken I was like: Wait! No...there is a big part of me that doesn't want to know what will happen next. I almost decided not to finish reading it. I mean after the backstory of how she got the place for her and Shio. That image of her with the paint stand whipping around. That was some scary shit.

Those eyes man. Those fucking eyes. And her left arm man, why is it behind her back? Did you all see that shit? She got the phone man but the left arm.

last edited at Apr 19, 2018 12:01AM

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

oh fucking hell Sato, why?

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Well shit, I kind of liked Shouko. Out of all the crazies, she seemed the most sane with at least some sort of sense...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Oh god damn it. The only genuinely good person!

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

RIPperoni in pepperoni.

To reply you must either login or sign up.