Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

RUN, LADY, GET AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM THAT ASSHOLE!

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Minutoh posted:
Ah, it's great to see Sato legitimately murder someone for once. Seeing her manipulate people is cool too and all, but I don't read yandere stories for the blackmail and manipulation and all that, I read them for the cold-blooded murder. I can only hope she kills more people as the story goes on. Aside from Shio, Shouko, and that other lesbian yandere, I think everyone else is pretty much fair game.

I don't think we'll see another murder so soon, if ever again. That because this murder was a "sacrifice" to build her "castle" (and like others already said, it wasn't even planned, but just a reaction from imminent danger), however, any other murders would just put said "castle" in -disnecessary- danger, so if it ever happens again, will be just in last resort.

Also, watch Durarara!!, it's all about love.

Faust posted:
But damn though, everyone's expression of 'love' is pretty extreme/psychotic. I wonder if it's "just cus plot", or if there's something about Shio/Sato that brings people to such extremes.

People do say "love" is an extreme feeling, don't they? Or was it the "strongest"? Well, when it comes to feelings, there not much difference anyway. We have Homura as a pretty good example (ᗒᗨᗕ).

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

My theory is that Satou, being raised by a real professional at bringing out the deviancy in people and having awoken to her natural talent, both attracts addled love and inspires her admirers and competitors to further insanity through her personal charisma.

Or it's just the the premise of the series, with no in-story explanation. Satou's journey requires her to vanquish one lunatic after another, showing that she alone is truly in love, and more horribly insane than any of her would-be rivals. They exist simply because they must.

last edited at Aug 10, 2017 12:45AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Lol, chokin someone because they're keeping u from bath...what a lolicon ;p

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

dang sato being a real bro by saving that woman from the cult.

SuffererFangirl
joined Sep 18, 2016

I felt sorry for the onii-san. And one more time Shio destroys my ship.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I liked woman being freed from cult, I liked onii-san person dead cos, who cares and I just want to see Satou's Auntie's once more, she's the sickest of them all, I think.

joined Oct 13, 2015

Perhaps i'm the only person who dislikes the manga but is still reading it. I can't pinpoint a single thing i like or Think is good about this. I keep reading because i have trouble giving up once i'm invested (addict in some sense).

My biggest issue with the story is that everyone has such enormous problems that it has become normal. There is no standard to compare the characters to. Everyone is disturbed and so being disturbed has no meaning in the context of this story. It's all just minor varities of the same theme.
When everyone looks 'normal', a slight abnormality would be obvious. But when everyone is grotesque, you become quickly desensitized.

Other than that, the mangaka is trying so damn much to unnerve you. It's actually a little agonising. It's those embarrassing facial expressions and phrases the people use to try get under your skin. This, to horror, is the equivalent of bad hentai.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Crazies, crazies everywhere. I love the Japanese and their to over-exaggerate everything to the max. Once I stopped reading it as yuri manga, it went okay.

As usual, she is a bit OP as a yandere, she has the edge a bit too quickly, but I guess it wouldn't have the same impact if she was harmless. Also, I think it'll be the first time I won't be cheering for a yuri end; I kinda want the brother and her best friend to do some kind of detective hunt and have the mother, brother and sister finally reunited. I'm curious to see how it'll turn out.

But I guess Matsuzaka(?) deserves some kind of.. happiness? I don't know, being raised by the very broken (fucked up) woman her aunt is, she didn't get a good start in life and she managed to sort it out, somehow. Though, I guess that even before killing that guy, she already was a bit despicable even if I could see it as just somebody trying to find themselves.. Well, I guess this is one very diligent psychopath!

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 2:53PM

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Here we go...
Didn't expect to see Sato's friend again, she might still be important in the future then.

It's probably pointless saying this here but: To the scan, if life is busy now, it's okay to translate the manga in a slower pace, it's not like we aren't used to waiting anyway (since liking anime/manga is to live waiting), but if you decide to give up on this, while I can't really say "it's okey" since I would be losing more two of my favorite mangas, I can only be grateful for all the hard work so far.

last edited at Nov 21, 2017 11:51PM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

man its so nice to have 0 idea where this could go, I cant even tell if sato is a "good guy" or not

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I cant even tell if sato is a "good guy" or not

Keep in mind she's given zero logical reason why she believes she's entitled to possess Shio.

last edited at Nov 22, 2017 12:54AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Keep in mind she's given zero logical reason why she believes she's entitled to possess Shio.

Shio is cute, what else is there to argue about?

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don't think most people think about "logical reasons" they're "entitled" to "possess" another person. And this is definitely not a story for logical reasoning. However, Satou has given two reasons:
1. Satou loves Shio, she was unhappy before, but she can be happy when Shio is with her.
2. Shio loves Satou, she was unhappy before, but she can be happy when Satou is with her.

Satou knows herself and her own feelings, so we can accept 1 as true. We have some idea of Shio's personal history and prior home life, and her awful flashbacks are instructive as well, so 2 looks to be true as well. Judging by the fact that Asahi lives on the street, it seems that Shio's options in life are to live with Satou or live in an orphanage. In the long run, I'm sure it'd be better to grow up under state care than to grow up trapped in the apartment of a murderer, however much you love her, but Shio's current environment is at least better than her previous one.

None of this is to say that Satou is "good". She is a murderer, a liar, a thief, and a manipulator. But she does have justifications for her behavior. In a sense though, none of that is important, since she is convinced that anything she does is justified, if it is for Shio's sake (or what she deems to be for Shio's benefit). The only real point Satou has in her favor is the sheer corruption of the world she inhabits, and the utter depravity of most of the other characters. Satou argues that Shio is too pure to be allowed out into such a horrible world. Within her possibly deranged worldview, her actions make perfect sense.

joined Oct 10, 2016

This morning I said "Meh, let's just check Dynasty Scans..." BUT OH HELL NO FUCK YOU FREE FARMER MCMUFFIN

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I don't think most people think about "logical reasons" they're "entitled" to "possess" another person. And this is definitely not a story for logical reasoning. However, Satou has given two reasons:
1. Satou loves Shio, she was unhappy before, but she can be happy when Shio is with her.
2. Shio loves Satou, she was unhappy before, but she can be happy when Satou is with her.

I've been keeping up with the raw scans and wow, they both have good reason to feel that way. Not to say I know if it'll actually lead them to be happy in the long run, I'm starting to doubt the possibility of a happy ending more and more.

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 10:00PM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Lets just say, if you think Satou deserves a happy ending, then you miss the point entirely.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Lets just say, if you think Satou deserves a happy ending, then you miss the point entirely.

I can't even argue, haha. True, true!

I hope for Shio to find a stable, happy life at least, as rare as that seems in this setting.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think even asking the question "does Satou deserve a happy ending?" is completely missing the point. This is not a story about good people being rewarded or evil people being punished. It's not a story of morality or justice. It's a story about broken people trapped in cycles of abuse.

last edited at Jan 25, 2018 7:01PM

joined Dec 10, 2017

I've been keeping up with the raw scans and wow, they both have good reason to feel that way. Not to say I know if it'll actually lead them to be happy in the long run, I'm starting to doubt the possibility of a happy ending more and more.

Where are you reading the raw scans at?

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Am I allowed to link to other sites? It's not mangafox or one of the ones listed in the rules, so I assume it's okay.

http://lhscans.com/manga-happy-sugar-life-raw.html

joined Dec 10, 2017

Am I allowed to link to other sites? It's not mangafox or one of the ones listed in the rules, so I assume it's okay.

Thank you!

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Thank you!

Wait wait, I forgot, you can read the raws for chapters 21-26. Some big stuff happens before then. By the way, I can't vouch for what these sites look like without an adblocker, haha.

http://www.2animx.com/index-look-name-HappySugarLife-cid-18399-id-273895

last edited at Mar 3, 2018 3:25AM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

The future is really unpredictable

joined Jun 3, 2017

I hope they add a little bit of gore next time

last edited at Mar 11, 2018 12:10AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.