Forum › One Page Shorts discussion

joined Mar 15, 2017

I feel that "Sisters Yuri" is a mysterious hurdle for me

Wait, Mochi said that??

The Japanese use "hurdle" as a metaphor for when raising expectations leads to a danger of being perceived to have disappointed. So I believe Mochi is laughing about extra pressure from being best known for sisters yuri, leading to taking this one in a weird direction.

The way Yuri Drill worked, the book was divided into sections for the themes, sisters yuri being one of them, with various mangaka doing a page, so it also means they're kind of up against other mangaka's ideas for what to do with the theme.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Is a Mochi overdose a bad thing?

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

The money at the end made me cry
please pay my tuition fee

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The comments here are amusing.

I thought it will be hell of a story with those tags. Disappointed a bit.

Well, the title is "One Page Shorts". It's a bit silly if you expected a full story with a title like this.

and

I expected a long story :(

As Salamandrake said I'm not certain what people were expecting, this was a bunch of cute one page short stories.

Gotta agree - unless you somehow opened it without reading the title I fail to see how you could not know exactly what was in it - 1 page stories.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Is a Mochi overdose a bad thing?

Not really, mainly because there's no such thing <:

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

I'm feeling kinda called out by the Age-Gap Yuri....

I'm 12 years older, and a full foot taller than my GF (I'm 6'1" she's 5')... Her co-workers thought I was her mom -.-

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

My girlfriend honestly thought that I'm the only one that teases her girlfriend with that toilet thing. Now I'm gonna show her this one...

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I was missing my weekly dose of Mochi.
And now I want more of all the stories. Particularly that age gap!!

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'd really like to see the sisters one and the last one expanded on. We haven't really had any Mochi incest stories that showed the start of the love instead of jumping in later, and the other story with the love-hate schoolgirl stuff just looks fun.

TheWidow-Sensei
Capture%20_2019-08-15-23-46-48-2
joined Dec 1, 2017

Moe is my dope

joined Aug 13, 2017

I really love the eclipse one. I'm gonna steal that explanation.
i laught TO STRONGGGG

joined Mar 8, 2016

I'm 12 years older, and a full foot taller than my GF (I'm 6'1" she's 5')... Her co-workers thought I was her mom -.-

Just tell people "We're not an 'Age Gap' couple, we're a 'Size Contrast' couple!"

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

On the childhood friends page, when one says you can make kids by kissing and the other says it's a pun, anyone know what the original Japanese is to explain said pun?

joined Mar 15, 2017

On the childhood friends page, when one says you can make kids by kissing and the other says it's a pun, anyone know what the original Japanese is to explain said pun?

kissu (kiss) and kizzu (kids)

キッス vs キッズ in katakana

last edited at Apr 3, 2018 6:16PM

Fundrips_bb
joined Jul 20, 2013

Doctor x Doctor. Cauze I'm basic.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ugh I'm in love with the doctor x doctor one and the boyish hate love one.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

This was beautiful. Who sacrificed their first born child?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I feel that "Sisters Yuri" is a mysterious hurdle for me

Wait, Mochi said that??

The Japanese use "hurdle" as a metaphor for when raising expectations leads to a danger of being perceived to have disappointed. So I believe Mochi is laughing about extra pressure from being best known for sisters yuri, leading to taking this one in a weird direction.

Heh, I figured it would be something like that. I omitted the (lol) on purpose too because I thought the line was so amusing out of context coming from Mochi of all people.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

At page 7 I realized this was from the YURI DRILL anthology which is like a manga textbook of yuri, and that this was Mochi au Lait giving a crash course on all of the biggest yuri tropes, with one page per trope.

I was like "now where's the senpai-kouhai yuri?"

Of course page 8 was the senpai-kouhai yuri page.

last edited at Apr 4, 2018 2:59AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

At page 7 I realized this was from the YURI DRILL anthology which is like a manga textbook of yuri, and that this was Mochi au Lait giving a crash course on all of the biggest yuri tropes, with one page per trope.

That's not really what Yuri Drill is. It's more like mangaka being challenged to come up with ideas of what can be done for the themes given.

joined Oct 10, 2016

4500 Euro is approximately 5535 US dollars. Just sayin.

last edited at Apr 4, 2018 9:34AM

joined Sep 25, 2015

Mommy, gib milkies!

joined Sep 25, 2015

I love all of these but I really want a full story for the Doctor x Doctor, Kouhai x Senpai and the Gyaru yuri the most.
Mochi is a yuri demigod.

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

My only question...

Why does that Moomin have ¥4500?

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

My only question...

Why does that Moomin have ¥4500?

To reply you must either login or sign up.