Forum › Husky and Medley discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

As a manga based off of a dialogue between Medley and other 2chan users, this really takes the most interesting (and perhaps, realistic) plot of the year(s). I agree with Underachiever007, it really does remind me of Prism at times. This is really a treat.

Although it did feel kinda surreal and like a dreamer's paradise some times.

last edited at Mar 10, 2013 7:23AM

Pizarnik
joined Mar 5, 2013

Yeah, this manga actually surprised me. Despite its art is kind of basic, characters made me laugh and the argument take a great way, i think. It doesnt remind me of Prism but my adolescence or something, all excited for every little thing... I think it could happen.

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Love this, despite the art not drawing me in like a lot of the stuff I read, the characters just seemed so...real, I think
Also has anyone tried to get the link from Chapter 5 Page 3 to work? I wanted to see what she was listening too but I couldn't get the link to work

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I like it, seems like a long time I read this one.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

always one of my prefered yuri,
the art isn't mediocre, but, for me, it's functional to its role, that is to tell a story,

the parallel discussions on the board adds to the story some more reading's levels and point of view,

i believe it's true that is based on a true story, the characters seems real, and that, for me, is the only similarity with prism (even if prism has some comedy aspect that this hasn't), but i'm happy to see that someone still remember that masterpiece

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Long read, totally worth it, can't say anymore that others haven't.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Stumbled across this a couple months ago...it was really awesome, I fell totally in love with it. At the time I did a bit of digging around for other info about it and found, first of all, that there was a translation of a later update by Medley from 2ch in this shoujoai.com thread.

And also from a thread on /u/ that Medley actually keeps a real life twitter (with occasional mentions of Huskey) here.

Finally I also discovered an apparently pretty classic Vocaloid song which was inspired and dedicated to them, Sweetiex2, as well as a subsequent NicoNico dance meme.

Altogether this entire story and its legacy is just an incredible thing.

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Stumbled across this a couple months ago...it was really awesome, I fell totally in love with it. At the time I did a bit of digging around for other info about it and found, first of all, that there was a translation of a later update by Medley from 2ch in this shoujoai.com thread.

And also from a thread on /u/ that Medley actually keeps a real life twitter (with occasional mentions of Huskey) here.

Finally I also discovered an apparently pretty classic Vocaloid song which was inspired and dedicated to them, Sweetiex2, as well as a subsequent NicoNico dance meme.

Sol you are a blessing. Thank you so much for your research.

I read their story for the first time years(?) ago, but didn't doubt that it was truly based on a real-life couple; my second reread, however - alongside a backup of the original thread - occurred after I suddenly began wondering if it could have all just been the creative endeavour of a bored author. Ironically, it was my accidental discovery of Sweetiex2 that prompted this shadow; after the initial elation and heart-warmth of realizing that one of my favourite Vocaloid producers and composers had actually written and dedicated such an adorable song to them, I began to really worry about the authenticity of the account. Husky&Medley was one of my first introductions to yuri, and still my favourite, but years later, it's somehow become much more significant to me than just yuri; I guess seeing the honest support from allies made it that more important to me that it be real.

I haven't read many accounts of real-life same-sex relationships, so I can't draw up any comparisons, but the fact that random topic readers became allies and seriously gave Medley advice and help when she needed it, in a country that still doesn't officially recognize the LGBT world, gave me hope. Repression is more common than acceptance, and heterosexuality is still the only(?) norm, hence the "But...we're both girls" mindset that seems to irk so many North American readers; I find that in North America, LGBT issues are still only accepted in varying levels everywhere, but at least it's treated seriously, whereas I think in Japan, for example, "yuri" is mostly regarded as either fiction or a normal, passing adolescent phase that girls grow out of. Given a nonchalant attitude like that, I imagine it's much easier for them to grow up thinking that GL isn't real. Not all brush it off, but I feel that retaliatory reaction tends to spark rebellion against rigid norms more often than passive-aggressive resistance or normalizing reassurance.

I'm rather fatigued and am probably taking this more seriously than I should be, so I'll stop my rant here ;; I just wanted to thank the people involved with this work and those who contributed to the research.

★♥★!!

last edited at Nov 24, 2013 12:54PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Sol you are a blessing. Thank you so much for your research.

I read their story for the first time years(?) ago, but didn't doubt that it was truly based on a real-life couple; my second reread, however - alongside a backup of the original thread - occurred after I suddenly began wondering if it could have all just been the creative endeavour of a bored author. Ironically, it was my accidental discovery of Sweetiex2 that prompted this shadow; after the initial elation and heart-warmth of realizing that one of my favourite Vocaloid producers and composers had actually written and dedicated such an adorable song to them, I began to really worry about the authenticity of the account. Husky&Medley was one of my first introductions to yuri, and still my favourite, but years later, it's somehow become much more significant to me than just yuri; I guess seeing the honest support from allies made it that more important to me that it be real.

I haven't read many accounts of real-life same-sex relationships, so I can't draw up any comparisons, but the fact that random topic readers became allies and seriously gave Medley advice and help when she needed it, in a country that still doesn't officially recognize the LGBT world, gave me hope. Repression is more common than acceptance, and heterosexuality is still the only(?) norm, hence the "But...we're both girls" mindset that seems to irk so many North American readers; I find that in North America, LGBT issues are still only accepted in varying levels everywhere, but at least it's treated seriously, whereas I think in Japan, for example, "yuri" is mostly regarded as either fiction or a normal, passing adolescent phase that girls grow out of. Given a nonchalant attitude like that, I imagine it's much easier for them to grow up thinking that GL isn't real. Not all brush it off, but I feel that retaliatory reaction tends to spark rebellion against rigid norms more often than passive-aggressive resistance or normalizing reassurance.

I'm rather fatigued and am probably taking this more seriously than I should be, so I'll stop my rant here ;; I just wanted to thank the people involved with this work and those who contributed to the research.

★♥★!!

Future generations will look back at those people laughing and thinking "what a bunch of Ignorants they were", along with many other things. (this pretty much already started ofc)

Anyways, re-reading this after reading a bit into it (the research a bit above ^^^) makes the read even better. One of my top favs indeed.

last edited at Dec 20, 2013 7:46PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

this is sooo cool! that 2ch thread was too funny :-D it was like a weird celebrity interview. too funny, especially the "keep your voice down" game part.

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

So happy to know they're still going strong by the looks of it ;w;

I'm jellin' I want a nice relationship with an adorable girl hehe UwU

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Heh, reading up on the back story led me to read Densha Otoko which was just really great. But I wonder, anyone here ever come across something similar like that on the internet before?? I've come across quite a few threads. (The most recent was a guy who woke up next to his GF's friend XD.) But yeah, I'm amazed how the internet can really help a person out sometimes.

joined Apr 9, 2014

Does anyone have any news about this pair? I mean, are they still together?

satsuki matoi
joined May 2, 2014

❤️❤️❤️❤️Seriously I was about to cry this is way to romantic ... I hope my love life to have a happy ending just like that .. & Never be separated from my girl ☺️☺️

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Oh my god. This has instantly just rocked up to my favorite manga of all time. Made an account just to post here. =w=

Tried all the links posted above and looked around on Google, and only three of the Japanese links work... The others seem to have been taken down. q.q Would anyone care to be a god/goddess and send me a link to the translation of the original 2chan thread?

Thanks in advance. Love this manga to pieces. Props to GigaP for bringing this to my attention through his cover of Sweetiex2.

last edited at Nov 7, 2014 1:06AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm not quite sure what was in the shoujoai thread (RIP), but Retro did some translation stuff on /u/ way back when, that you can find here. I think that's the gist of what was in the original thread linked.

If you plug any of the other thread links here, you might find something else worthwhile.

last edited at Nov 7, 2014 3:04AM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

wwwwwwwwwwwwww
orz

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I had no idea that this was related to Husky and Medley. Strange coincidence that I first read Husky and Medley around the same time I came across that song too, lol.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Reread this after over a year and I finally get it. Nice fucking boat.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Rereading it for the hundredth time <3
Reality still tells the best stories. This is gold.

last edited at Dec 11, 2014 7:31PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Oh God. That very last panel. I thought it was just gonna be another sweet read.

Nope. Had to go and choke me up didn'tcha? Goddammit.

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Apologies for the (incredibly) late reply, but thank you so much @OrangePekoe. Got some closure off that. xD
Time to reread this beauty again and revel in the magic that is Husky and Medley.

Photo_2017-09-25_19-58-19
joined Jan 17, 2014

One of my all time favs, the fact it came from a message board just makes it better, I keep hoping Husky and Medley are still together!

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Aaaaand here is Medley Twitter https://twitter.com/mesdorei, anyone that knows japanese could read it to see if she and Husky are still a couple? Seriously, if they're not together anymore I will flip out.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You can click the little world icon to see a machine translation of the tweet, having said that, Husky is mentioned on some tweets.

To reply you must either login or sign up.