Forum › My Cute Little Kitten discussion

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Thanks for bringing this back and I just want to say...

Whoever did the translation, you are the best. I cracked up reading all those funny lines.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Typos I've noticed:
Page 2: "troubls"
3: "yourselff"
7: "but why then she said she doesn't want to live with me" should probably say "but then why did she say she doesn't want to live with me"
10: it says "does then she want" so "then" and "she" should be switched; "rewords"
11: "apartmen"
12: "waight"
13: "fettish"
14: should probably say "why is this happening" not "why is it happening"
Also some of the phrasing is odd (i.e. blootered, bampot) but that's more of a personal opinion than anything.

A
joined May 24, 2013

This translation is giving me flashbacks of Duwang

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

gomezio posted:

Typos I've noticed:
Page 2: "troubls"
3: "yourselff"
7: "but why then she said she doesn't want to live with me" should probably say "but then why did she say she doesn't want to live with me"
10: it says "does then she want" so "then" and "she" should be switched; "rewords"
11: "apartmen"
12: "waight"
13: "fettish"
14: should probably say "why is this happening" not "why is it happening"
Also some of the phrasing is odd (i.e. blootered, bampot) but that's more of a personal opinion than anything.

Most likely since it seems they didn't have QC.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Did Rena have a regional accent? That's what I thought they were trying to show. But then Yuna said "Ain't" and I didn't think she had one too?

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

This needs a second chapter... oh look, there it is!
This was pure gold, I don't know if even the mangaka knows how wonderful this was... I just am smitten :-)

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Chapter 2: Page 11 "planty" = plenty
Page 13: "blootered" is perfectly acceptable!! In Canadian anyhow ;-)

How can this be 'dropped' it's really pure gold... sigh... I can haz a cry now...

last edited at Mar 29, 2018 1:23AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

5Cats posted:

How can this be 'dropped' it's really pure gold... sigh... I can haz a cry now...

It is dropped because it was until today. They forgot to update status.

A
joined May 24, 2013

I'm not sure all these swear words are tonally appropriate for a cute manga like this.

Still, glad to see this manga getting picked up again.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

This translation is making me want to throw things at the screen. What's with all the cussing? And the use of weird words? I feel like this was localized by a 7th grader. I appreciate the effort. But this is really really rough. At the very least try to follow the style and cadence of the words used in the previous chapter. This really just kinda craps on the original material instead of allowing that original material to communicate itself to the reader.

I understand the challenge of localizing something. On one hand you don't want to be a robotic word-for-word translation. On the other hand, you don't want to obfuscate the original material. This obfuscates the original material. I'd be happy to help whoever did this to fix these errors. I'm on the Discord server (same name too).

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Chapter 2: Page 11 "planty" = plenty
Page 13: "blootered" is perfectly acceptable!! In Canadian anyhow ;-)

u know wut
it's common in yuri world, so many abandoned gold, diamond etc lol

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Note, that's if the scanlator is on Dynasty that is. ;)

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Rena is having some trouble remembering where she's from.

"eejit", "ye ain't" --> American South
"bampot", "blootered" --> Scotland
"hella" --> Northern California
"feck" --> Ireland

The only explanation: Rena is an international spy who forgets her cover story when she gets flustered.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Rena is having some trouble remembering where she's from.

"eejit", "ye ain't" --> American South
"bampot", "blootered" --> Scotland
"hella" --> Northern California
"feck" --> Ireland

The only explanation: Rena is an international spy who forgets her cover story when she gets flustered.

Hahahaha well said. :D

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

This translation is making me want to throw things at the screen. What's with all the cussing? And the use of weird words? I feel like this was localized by a 7th grader. I appreciate the effort. But this is really really rough. At the very least try to follow the style and cadence of the words used in the previous chapter. This really just kinda craps on the original material instead of allowing that original material to communicate itself to the reader.

I understand the challenge of localizing something. On one hand you don't want to be a robotic word-for-word translation. On the other hand, you don't want to obfuscate the original material. This obfuscates the original material. I'd be happy to help whoever did this to fix these errors. I'm on the Discord server (same name too).

Oh come on dude do not be so rude, the translation was really good and very funny.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Oh come on dude do not be so rude, the translation was really good and very funny.

Not liking something and being honest about it isn't rude. And no, it wasn't either good or funny. It was painful to read.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Its alive!

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Not liking something and being honest about it isn't rude. And no, it wasn't either good or funny. It was painful to read.

From your point of view It was painful to read but for me It was really funny.
Y como dicen por mi pueblo: "Limosnero y con garrote" che mamón.

last edited at Mar 29, 2018 2:22AM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I really liked the translation. A lot of young people use international slang for fun when talking to themselves. At least I do.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

This translation is giving me flashbacks of Duwang

Rena got a feeling so complicated.

joined Oct 15, 2014

OMG thank you so much MrCatt for the translation (T^T)!!!! I really appreciate it

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

this is why u should stop poking ur eyes when reading a manga. of course it would be painful

Moizac
joined Jun 12, 2017

Some people like joke-y translations, I guess? Can't say I'm a fan, especially with the first chapter being normal.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Hrm. The translation was amusing I suppose, but done to one of my favourite mangaka the disrespect kind of pisses me off. I don't really have a problem with being rude about it; this is clearly not a case of people doing their best and having insufficient skill, this is a case of people deciding to screw around. If you want to screw around, do it as a secondary version. As things stand, it's kind of a "fuck you" to people who like and respect the mangaka, so you gotta expect some annoyed reactions.

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

THANK YOU!!!!!
Mr catt you're absolutely brilliant!! You made my day!! I was so surprised to see it in my inbox.
Personally I liked the accent and thought it was fitting, gave it a funny quality that I'm sure Morinaga intended.
I hope you'll continue translating, I can't wait for more already!

Also just wondering if you don't mind, are you Scottish? Only if you don't mind answering

last edited at Mar 29, 2018 4:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.