Forum › Citrus Anthology discussion

idk why poeple complain about whos drawing wat or if theres prob with translation

im just happy that its better than the main storyline

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I've wanted to say this for a long long time...Chaosteam really needs to work on their TL and QC, whether it's their Japanese that's the issue or their English...or both. Especially their grammar. It has been /below/ subpar since they started covering the series. and all the other series they TL for. I'll give them credit though, they have improved slightly since they started. Slightly. The issues with their TL, QC (or lack thereof), and grammar is so jarring because the dialogue starts to not make any sense, not make sense for the character, for the context of the situation, character dialogue doesn't flow, author's feelings aren't accurately translated, etc, etc

Again, I'm not trying to be "ungrateful". I just believe in quality over speed and most importantly accurate translations and decent grammar. I'm not asking for perfection, I'm not perfect either. But when you see such simple grammar mistakes occur, it just drives me crazy. It's been like this since Chaosteam picked up the series..

we're sorry you feel this way,we are doing the best we can and we are doing it for free,we said before we are not professionals,
you can always read the seven seas translations though. we are just doing it cause we want to read it as well.
other than that we are just humble fans

also there's always the option of another better group taking over citrus to post on dynasty and we can keep doing our thing for citrus over facebook like before. just a thought. I mean if you think you can do better be my guest.

"if you think you can do better be my guest" "we're doing it for free" No need for that, cause like I said before, I'm not trying to be ungrateful and I'm not looking for perfection. My point is that if you have a QC then simple grammar mistakes shouldn't be there. We know you aren't professionals, no group here is. With that said, there are groups that have done excellent work because of the quality of their TL and QC (ex. GiB). I'm sorry if you feel offended but I'm just speaking the truth. I just hope you guys double check and even triple check before you post. If I were part of a group I would want the best of our work to be put out. That's just my two cents.

Sorry but like I said we do our best. You can keep your two cents to buy the seven seas translation ;) cheers

Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I've wanted to say this for a long long time...Chaosteam really needs to work on their TL and QC, whether it's their Japanese that's the issue or their English...or both. Especially their grammar. It has been /below/ subpar since they started covering the series. and all the other series they TL for. I'll give them credit though, they have improved slightly since they started. Slightly. The issues with their TL, QC (or lack thereof), and grammar is so jarring because the dialogue starts to not make any sense, not make sense for the character, for the context of the situation, character dialogue doesn't flow, author's feelings aren't accurately translated, etc, etc

Again, I'm not trying to be "ungrateful". I just believe in quality over speed and most importantly accurate translations and decent grammar. I'm not asking for perfection, I'm not perfect either. But when you see such simple grammar mistakes occur, it just drives me crazy. It's been like this since Chaosteam picked up the series..

we're sorry you feel this way,we are doing the best we can and we are doing it for free,we said before we are not professionals,
you can always read the seven seas translations though. we are just doing it cause we want to read it as well.

also there's always the option of another better group taking over citrus to post on dynasty and we can keep doing our thing for citrus over facebook like before. just a thought. I mean if you think you can do better be my guest.

"if you think you can do better be my guest" "we're doing it for free" No need for that, cause like I said before, I'm not trying to be ungrateful and I'm not looking for perfection. My point is that if you have a QC then simple grammar mistakes shouldn't be there. We know you aren't professionals, no group here is. With that said, there are groups that have done excellent work because of the quality of their TL and QC (ex. GiB). I'm sorry if you feel offended but I'm just speaking the truth. I just hope you guys double check and even triple check before you post. If I were part of a group I would want the best of our work to be put out. That's just my two cents.

Sorry but like I said we do our best. You can keep your two cents to buy the seven seas translation ;) cheers

I in fact already do buy the volumes because I want to support the publisher and Saburouta. I just wanted to give constructive criticism with your JP>EN TL. But your language tells me you're clearly offended even though I was trying to give constructive criticism shrugs

And to the people who don't care about the quality of translating an author's work, it's not about being ungrateful, it's about having the author's work translated accurately as it was intended to be expressed in JP. If the readers are OK with consuming subpar TL / content, that's fine, that's their prerogative. But being grateful of someone even if their work is subpar and giving constructive criticism so the group can improve is not mutually exclusive. In other words, I'm grateful that Chaosteam is spending their own time TL'ing Saburouta's work, but I just wish some simple mistakes were corrected during the QC process, that's all. If the readers were able to understand JP / the raws from yuri hime, they'd understand where I'm coming from. Anyway, that's all I'm gunna say about this matter. Hopefully you guys improve.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think we've wrung all the blood we can from this turnip, and getting all passive aggressive ain't gonna get any more out.

GG guys, time to refocus on the story again.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

I in fact already do buy the volumes because I want to support the publisher and Saburouta. I just wanted to give constructive criticism with your JP>EN TL. But your language tells me you're clearly offended even though I was trying to give constructive criticism shrugs

And to the people who don't care about the quality of translating an author's work, it's not about being ungrateful, it's about having the author's work translated accurately as it was intended to be expressed in JP. If the readers are OK with consuming subpar TL / content, that's fine, that's their prerogative. But being grateful of someone even if their work is subpar and giving constructive criticism so the group can improve is not mutually exclusive. In other words, I'm grateful that Chaosteam is spending their own time TL'ing Saburouta's work, but I just wish some simple mistakes were corrected during the QC process, that's all. If the readers were able to understand JP / the raws from yuri hime, they'd understand where I'm coming from. Anyway, that's all I'm gunna say about this matter. Hopefully you guys improve.

well not everyone is forced to read our translations. we are trying to get better but it seems we can't please everyone. as for those who don't want to read our subpar translations there's always seven seas. they just got volume 7 out ;)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And the turnip gets one more try, I guess.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Oh geez. All this cuteness to soften the emotional blow of chapter 36.

11069608_1606065076317635_7809978659901878761_n
joined Jun 15, 2015

When the anthology is better than the actual story haha.

7a4
joined Feb 23, 2018

Signed up to comment on this cute fluff but I got drama instead...

To me, the complaint is valid but if it's toned down, the point wouldn't be lost lol.
Also, CT, never say "this is our best but if it doesn't satisfy you, go read seven seas" please... there's always a room for improvement. :)

...umm what did I originally want to comment again?
Ah, yes, I love headpats. I wish there is a tag for it.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I like all the different art styles :3
I'm also noticing that there is a lot more artwork to Citrus on deviantart. A positive side effect to the anime release I guess^^

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Mm, Iwami Kiyoko.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Just what I needed to feel happy again after last week. Bless these anthology things.

Is your icon just a coincidence?

It is lol, I'm a big NicoMaki fan for a while. :P

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Very cute, sometimes this sweet stuff is a nice break. It's also a great chance to see how other authors see and portray their relationship, which is super neat. Different dynamics, different art styles..all in one handy anthology!

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

The movie chapter was cute. Mei was so expressive in it that it almost didn't feel like it was Mei at all.

And the next chapter has Yuzu being alpha is fuck, wow.

last edited at Feb 24, 2018 2:30AM

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Woah, since when was Harumin's sister and Maruta have any hints together !! I am shook (but it was a pleasant surprise haha)

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I like that one update where they were watching movies haha. I want to see Mei act like this more often in the actual series.

Are these anthologies licensed as well in English? I haven't seen it but would be nice to own a physical copy just in case.

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

I like that one update where they were watching movies haha. I want to see Mei act like this more often in the actual series.

Are these anthologies licensed as well in English? I haven't seen it but would be nice to own a physical copy just in case.

Doesn't seem like anthologies are ever part of the license. Quite a shame.

JustLookingAround
joined Feb 25, 2018

If you spot a mistake, just flag it out to us on Facebook with your suggestion on how to fix it and we can fix the pages. It's really that easy. We're flexible too. No need for back-and-forth passive aggressiveness. It's a win-win for everyone. Everyone gets to read Citrus and we can all share the love/hate relationship with saburouta. Complaining about something without suggesting a solution would trigger anyone.

It's really easy to say who and whom should do a better job, but the thing is that scanlating isn't our job. We aren't actually obligated to make good releases or even release anything. We're just like your college friend who helps you read the menu in a Chinese restaurant or something. You don't just say, "You can do better than that." You just thank your friend because now you can order something for dinner. If your friend said it was steamed chicken, but what you got was roasted chicken, you just tell the guy,"Bro, I think that means roasted, not steamed". He would reply with, "Oh, sorry man. I'll take note for next time. Thanks for letting me know." You don't say things like,"Dude... The chef wrote this in the menu so that customers who wanted roasted chicken would order it. Did you even think about his feelings when you told me it was steamed chicken? Did you even think about my feelings? What about the chicken's then? It got roasted for my sake but I don't like it. Its soul can't even rest in peace. How am I supposed to tell the chicken in heaven that I didn't enjoy him on a plate? He was raised by farmers to be eaten, but the person eating him doesn't even like the way he was prepared. His whole reason for living was soiled by someone like YOU." Your friend would be like, "What the fuck mate. Just read it yourself then. I just tried to help." To which you reply, "I-i-it's not as if I'm being ungrateful o-or anything, but you said you'd help me. Yet you didn't even double or triple check your translation? You should have more pride in your work! What do you have against chicken and chicken lovers out there?" Now, an ex-friend, he replies, "It's not my job. I'm not your fucking local Chinese tour guide. Who's "chicken"? I love pork."

I'm half-joking, but anyway my point is to inform us of mistakes. And please don't be too harsh with criticism. At the end of the day, we're just fellow fans who for some reason dedicate hours of our free time for this, yet all we get is saburouta fucking with us every chapter.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:05PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

Complaining about something without suggesting a solution would trigger anyone.

No, it does not trigger people with a good attitude who feel secure in themselves. If the criticism has some basis then you need to be able to identify the problem without needing it pointed out to you and find your own solutions, otherwise you'd not be able to improve, and you'd be stuck relying on someone else to help you do the task you've taken on.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:14PM

JustLookingAround
joined Feb 25, 2018

Complaining about something without suggesting a solution would trigger anyone.

No, it does not trigger people with a good attitude who feel secure in themselves. If the criticism has some basis then you need to be able to identify the problem without needing it pointed out to you and find your own solutions, otherwise you'd not be able to improve, and you'd be stuck relying on someone else to help you do the task you've taken on.

That's fair, but like I said, this isn't like a boss telling us to work harder and then we need to find out ourselves how to improve. I'll worry about that at my full-time job. If you have suggestions, let us know clearly how to fix it so that it can be constructive for us. "Git gud" isn't very helpful if you really want us to improve. If you think our TL needs to improve her Japanese, let us know what was misinterpreted or just message us PDFs of good textbooks you have (we don't accept physical mail).

Now with that out of the way, let me comment on the chapters. I didn't expect drama here when I created my account.

Yuzu got pretty alpha for the animal ears chapter like wtf. And I ship matsuri with harumin. They don't get many moments together in the main series, so it's good to see more of them here. Good stuff.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:49PM

joined Jan 22, 2018

I'd love to think that all of this Citrus Anthology are all canon side-stories that Sabuoro Uta didn't add to the official manga series. I miss how Mei love to troll Yuzu in the manga.

Harumin and Matsuri has chemistry for some unknown reason lol. anyone remember the drama cd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJE9oO47FVo "The Most Horribly Incompatible?" This pink troll has her sights on Harumin. she's probably thinking that she's a puzzle game that needs to be solved. Matsuri is a very aggressive and manipulative girl but Harumin doesn't even flinch when Matsuri lowkey asked her if she's aware that Yuzu is into Mei xD

We all know Harumin knows Mei and Yuzu's budding romance but she still manage to support them without personally getting involved in their relationship. No wonder a lot of people are calling her best girl of the series while Matsuri is there to spice up Yuzu and Mei's sex life lol.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:57PM

JustLookingAround
joined Feb 25, 2018

Harumin and Matsuri has chemistry for some unknown reason lol. anyone remember the drama cd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJE9oO47FVo "The Most Horribly Incompatible?" This pink troll has her sights on Harumin. she's probably thinking that she's a puzzle game that needs to be solved. Matsuri is a very aggressive and manipulative girl but Harumin doesn't even flinch when Matsuri lowkey asked her if she knows that Yuzu is into Mei xD

IKR! Who else could even control Matsuri lol. She's a little devil. A cute one, but a devil nonetheless. Harumin has a strong enough character to deal with it. They pair up so well IMO.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:56PM

joined Jan 22, 2018

Harumin and Matsuri has chemistry for some unknown reason lol. anyone remember the drama cd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJE9oO47FVo "The Most Horribly Incompatible?" This pink troll has her sights on Harumin. she's probably thinking that she's a puzzle game that needs to be solved. Matsuri is a very aggressive and manipulative girl but Harumin doesn't even flinch when Matsuri lowkey asked her if she knows that Yuzu is into Mei xD

IKR! Who else could even control Matsuri lol. She's a little devil. A cute one, but a devil nonetheless. Harumin has a strong enough character to deal with it. They pair up so well IMO.

Harumin is too good at concealing her thoughts and feelings by playing dumb while Matsuri acts like knows everything about you. it is a good dynamic between these two characters. I hope they can have a spin-off or something.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 1:14PM

JustLookingAround
joined Feb 25, 2018

Harumin is too good at concealing her thoughts and feelings. she loves to play dumb while Matsuri acts like knows everything about you. it is a good dynamic between these two characters. I hope they can have a spin-off or something.

The spin-off pairing we need.

The Yuzu and Mei pairing is nice, but I don't feel that their interactions are all that interesting in the main series after a while. I like the Mei in the anthologies better actually. Meanwhile, Matsuri and Harumin is the kind of combo that could pull off a slice of life manga of them just doing everyday things and it would be interesting. I would read the shit out of that.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 1:16PM

joined Jan 22, 2018

Harumin is too good at concealing her thoughts and feelings. she loves to play dumb while Matsuri acts like knows everything about you. it is a good dynamic between these two characters. I hope they can have a spin-off or something.

The spin-off pairing we need.

The Yuzu and Mei pairing is nice, but I don't feel that their interactions are all that interesting in the main series after a while. I like the Mei in the anthologies better actually. I feel like Matsuri and Harumin is the kind of combo that could pull off a slice of life manga of them just doing everyday things. I would read the shit out of that.

tbh My main pairing is still Mei and Yuzu but after the heartbreaking drama of chapter 36. We all need a romcom between these two. if Sabuoro Uta will make a spin-off story about them. it will probably contain some angst. it will be interesting to see how Harumin and Matsuri's perspective can change by learning from each other.

To reply you must either login or sign up.