The If story nearly killed me with an overload of yuriness. <3

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

The 'if' story is almost too gay.
I love it.

last edited at Mar 4, 2018 4:26PM

joined Dec 21, 2015

the 'hair arrange!' chapter is also hella cute!

A9fe1102-7f0e-4701-a4a9-e2611d5c44c7
joined Jan 14, 2016

That Harumin x Matsuri just gave me 15 more years of life

joined Sep 11, 2014

The HaruMatsu ship ever intensifies. Also, does the "if," chapter trigger a flag between Shiraho and the fangirl? The more the ship the merrier.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Harumin and Matsuri are so perfect for each other, it hurts.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Harumin and Matsuri are so good for each other.

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Fack! HARUMIN X MATSURI!!!!!

Tmp_12681-artworks-000060747545-2hy0v5-t500x500_zps0a3b726b-1170585350
joined Aug 20, 2015

MeiYuzu is good.

HaruMatsu is also good.

But am I the only one who thinks NeRaho is just amazing? I mean, they only got like, half a panel sure, but I just love it. Bloody amazing.

last edited at Mar 5, 2018 4:43AM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

What, exactly, does Masturi bring to the relationship that Harumin wants? Absolutely fucking nothing. Harumin provides endless emotional support and encouragement and assistance, what does she get out of it? A manipulative, childish schemer like Matsuri? The only person worse than Mei when it comes to admitting their true feelings? No thanks. Matsuri would need to be ten times richer than Mei's family just to start being a worthwhile romantic partner for Harumin and even then no amount of money could ever fix her oh-so-cute (in fiction, at least) bratty personality. Yeah they make for a good tsukkomi/boke duo, but that's it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What, exactly, does Masturi bring to the relationship that Harumin wants?

I too had been wondering about all the love for Matsuri—I have a hard time forgetting the sociopathic sadist we were first introduced to. And in real-life matchmaking terms, you’re right—forget about a relationship, in reality Matsuri’s type is barely tolerable to be around. A Harumin in our world could certainly do better.

But in the story it’s easy to explain. Most of the main characters in the story range from being significantly inconvenienced to being totally paralyzed by obligations/expectations/familial oppression, or other social pressures. Shirapon was brought up forbidden to ever laugh for god’s sake, and even cheerful Yuzu is burdened by the stresses inherent in her secret love. Matsuri is the only one who seems to be free to do and say what she wants, and ever since her abrupt surrender in the war with Mei and her subsequent characterization makeover, she’s been at worst a bit of pest, and at best an important truthteller.

So yeah, in real life I steer well clear of the Matsuris of the world, but in this manga, even though she can be annoying, she consistently brings a bit of fresh air to a fairly claustrophobic social world. And Harumin could use that fresh air nearly as much as anybody.

Yanyan2s
joined Jun 3, 2014

Fine, it was cute, even though I'm the only harumi x mitsuko shipper on the planet.

No, no I ship those two as well.

COMRADE, LET US EMBRACE
omigod I seriously thought I was the only one ;;

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The not so subtle way Matsuri is hitting on Harumin is so freaking adorable.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

What, exactly, does Masturi bring to the relationship that Harumin wants?

I too had been wondering about all the love for Matsuri—I have a hard time forgetting the sociopathic sadist we were first introduced to. And in real-life matchmaking terms, you’re right—forget about a relationship, in reality Matsuri’s type is barely tolerable to be around. A Harumin in our world could certainly do better.

But in the story it’s easy to explain. Most of the main characters in the story range from being significantly inconvenienced to being totally paralyzed by obligations/expectations/familial oppression, or other social pressures. Shirapon was brought up forbidden to ever laugh for god’s sake, and even cheerful Yuzu is burdened by the stresses inherent in her secret love. Matsuri is the only one who seems to be free to do and say what she wants, and ever since her abrupt surrender in the war with Mei and her subsequent characterization makeover, she’s been at worst a bit of pest, and at best an important truthteller.

So yeah, in real life I steer well clear of the Matsuris of the world, but in this manga, even though she can be annoying, she consistently brings a bit of fresh air to a fairly claustrophobic social world. And Harumin could use that fresh air nearly as much as anybody.

Finally, an answer! Fair points all around, but I would argue that having another gyaru to hang out with and confide in after school seems to be far more meaningful for Harumin, which she already has in Yuzu, except when Yuzu inevitably blows her off to be with Mei. That's probably the one thing I would like to see Harumin get: more quality girl time with her best friend, without the need for shipping. She seems pretty content to live her own life right now, since she doesn't need love to fill the holes in her heart like Matsuri or Mei.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

[Harumin] seems pretty content to live her own life right now

Oh yeah, I can't recall much evidence in the main story that Harumin is actually going for Matsuri's schtick, at least at the moment (which may even be part of why so many people seem to wish for the pairing so devoutly). That tsukkomi/boke routine (as you so accurately call it) is a handy way to keep those characters active in the story rather than just stashing them offstage until they're needed in the Yuzu arc for whatever reason.

And like the good comedy-relief that they are, they echo the energetic troublemaker/stoical rule-follower dynamic of the Yuzu/Mei relationship in a minor key and minus the emotional drama and sense of impending doom. And that is a relief.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'd debate the idea that Harumin is perfectly content with her life, since as we saw during the election arc, she's utterly terrified of Mitsuko and she lacks the drive to fully express herself all the time; being content to meld into the background to avoid problems. While this per se is not a bad attitude to have, is clear she admires the way Yuzu drives head first into situations just to be true to her own ideals. And is in this regard that Matsuri is a perfect fit for Harumin.

While Matsuri can help Harumin to stop worrying about what society/Mitsuko could think, Harumin can help to temper Matsuri's recklessness and self destructive behavior.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Say what you will about Matsuri, she's got good taste.

joined Sep 11, 2014

Mei in Black needs to be its own spin-off series. She looks fantastic in a suit.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Aaaah!! Yayoi-sensei made a oneshot for this and it's so cute, too. Now I can die in peace!

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Wait for Sleep is cute! It's something that could very well be happening in the actual series if Mei was cuter lol

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

HERE COMES THE MEI IN BLACK
GALAXY DEFENDER

joined Dec 21, 2015

Yayoi strikes again!! Really, really cute story.

joined Mar 13, 2016

i need more of Yuino Chiri

Fb_img_1530309543728
joined Dec 9, 2015

OHSAWA YAYOI FTWWWWWWWWWWW

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I could read a whole series about Mei in Black.

To reply you must either login or sign up.