Forum › Posts by JustLookingAround

JustLookingAround
joined Feb 25, 2018

Harumin is too good at concealing her thoughts and feelings. she loves to play dumb while Matsuri acts like knows everything about you. it is a good dynamic between these two characters. I hope they can have a spin-off or something.

The spin-off pairing we need.

The Yuzu and Mei pairing is nice, but I don't feel that their interactions are all that interesting in the main series after a while. I like the Mei in the anthologies better actually. Meanwhile, Matsuri and Harumin is the kind of combo that could pull off a slice of life manga of them just doing everyday things and it would be interesting. I would read the shit out of that.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 1:16PM

JustLookingAround
joined Feb 25, 2018

Harumin and Matsuri has chemistry for some unknown reason lol. anyone remember the drama cd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJE9oO47FVo "The Most Horribly Incompatible?" This pink troll has her sights on Harumin. she's probably thinking that she's a puzzle game that needs to be solved. Matsuri is a very aggressive and manipulative girl but Harumin doesn't even flinch when Matsuri lowkey asked her if she knows that Yuzu is into Mei xD

IKR! Who else could even control Matsuri lol. She's a little devil. A cute one, but a devil nonetheless. Harumin has a strong enough character to deal with it. They pair up so well IMO.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:56PM

JustLookingAround
joined Feb 25, 2018

Complaining about something without suggesting a solution would trigger anyone.

No, it does not trigger people with a good attitude who feel secure in themselves. If the criticism has some basis then you need to be able to identify the problem without needing it pointed out to you and find your own solutions, otherwise you'd not be able to improve, and you'd be stuck relying on someone else to help you do the task you've taken on.

That's fair, but like I said, this isn't like a boss telling us to work harder and then we need to find out ourselves how to improve. I'll worry about that at my full-time job. If you have suggestions, let us know clearly how to fix it so that it can be constructive for us. "Git gud" isn't very helpful if you really want us to improve. If you think our TL needs to improve her Japanese, let us know what was misinterpreted or just message us PDFs of good textbooks you have (we don't accept physical mail).

Now with that out of the way, let me comment on the chapters. I didn't expect drama here when I created my account.

Yuzu got pretty alpha for the animal ears chapter like wtf. And I ship matsuri with harumin. They don't get many moments together in the main series, so it's good to see more of them here. Good stuff.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:49PM

JustLookingAround
joined Feb 25, 2018

If you spot a mistake, just flag it out to us on Facebook with your suggestion on how to fix it and we can fix the pages. It's really that easy. We're flexible too. No need for back-and-forth passive aggressiveness. It's a win-win for everyone. Everyone gets to read Citrus and we can all share the love/hate relationship with saburouta. Complaining about something without suggesting a solution would trigger anyone.

It's really easy to say who and whom should do a better job, but the thing is that scanlating isn't our job. We aren't actually obligated to make good releases or even release anything. We're just like your college friend who helps you read the menu in a Chinese restaurant or something. You don't just say, "You can do better than that." You just thank your friend because now you can order something for dinner. If your friend said it was steamed chicken, but what you got was roasted chicken, you just tell the guy,"Bro, I think that means roasted, not steamed". He would reply with, "Oh, sorry man. I'll take note for next time. Thanks for letting me know." You don't say things like,"Dude... The chef wrote this in the menu so that customers who wanted roasted chicken would order it. Did you even think about his feelings when you told me it was steamed chicken? Did you even think about my feelings? What about the chicken's then? It got roasted for my sake but I don't like it. Its soul can't even rest in peace. How am I supposed to tell the chicken in heaven that I didn't enjoy him on a plate? He was raised by farmers to be eaten, but the person eating him doesn't even like the way he was prepared. His whole reason for living was soiled by someone like YOU." Your friend would be like, "What the fuck mate. Just read it yourself then. I just tried to help." To which you reply, "I-i-it's not as if I'm being ungrateful o-or anything, but you said you'd help me. Yet you didn't even double or triple check your translation? You should have more pride in your work! What do you have against chicken and chicken lovers out there?" Now, an ex-friend, he replies, "It's not my job. I'm not your fucking local Chinese tour guide. Who's "chicken"? I love pork."

I'm half-joking, but anyway my point is to inform us of mistakes. And please don't be too harsh with criticism. At the end of the day, we're just fellow fans who for some reason dedicate hours of our free time for this, yet all we get is saburouta fucking with us every chapter.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:05PM