Forum › Shouraiteki ni Shindekure discussion

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

This is wonderful. Thank /u/!

Srztiub
joined Nov 5, 2017

And suddenly we're reading a Mira doujin.

‘School girl cumming just from getting tits groped manga’

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

She didn't even hesitate to grab that boob!
Komaki is something else.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

She Just had an orgasm, didn't she?

I 100% believe this.

That fireworks metaphor seems pretty direct to me.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I'm jealous of women who can orgasm from breast touching. Touching my breasts is just like, eh, yeah, that's nice, and nothing else. :|

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Yanno, I've tried three chapters of this but she's too much of a creep for me to enjoy.

Screen%20shot%202019-06-20%20at%206.20.42%20am
joined May 6, 2017

This felt really rapey. Not my cup of tea.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

This really needs a What the fuck am I reading? tag...Still enjoy it though, reminds me of the old comedy shows where the jokes are just way too exaggerated =)))

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Yanno, I've tried three chapters of this but she's too much of a creep for me to enjoy.

you forgot "not" before enjoy..

joined Feb 8, 2018

Meh don't know if i like this one will see how it turns our a bit to rapeish for me

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

She clearly wanted her tits to be touched. How is that rapey

joined Feb 15, 2013

I know some people may have different opinion about this....But I simply love this manga.

Basically the more assertive of the two actually was not the one who in control of the relationship. Komaki literally has Hishikawa in the palm of her hand, and actually enjoy their current status by the look of it.

In fact, I will say Komaki is the mean/sadist one, as she is toying and encouraging Hishikawa's affection while in the same time deny Hishikawa's release. I won't be surprised one bit, if the idea of Hishikawa throwing money around was originated from Komaki

last edited at Feb 8, 2018 10:56AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Talking about rape when there was 0 intention of sexual assault in this chapter, when they were discussing about touching boobs between friends is fine and when Hishikawa was totally happy (saying happy to keep the forum family friendly) with it... Geeez, is always rape unless if there is a written contract these days and even with that, with the right lawyer is still rape.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Talking about rape when there was 0 intention of sexual assault in this chapter, when they were discussing about touching boobs between friends is fine and when Hishikawa was totally happy (saying happy to keep the forum family friendly) with it... Geeez, is always rape unless if there is a written contract these days and even with that, with the right lawyer is still rape.

When people say this series feels "rapey" they don't mean rape is actually occurring they're more talking about Hishikawa's relentless propositioning of Komaki despite being rejected pretty unequivocally which IRL is literally just sexual harassment and shows a complete lack of respect for her boundaries. Like in the real world her behaviour would be wildly inappropriate and some readers can't suspend their disbelief enough for it to work as comedy as it's intended to here. Also, ew don't be gross respecting someone's blatant refusal of your advances is not some ridiculous draconian standard of conduct it's basic respect.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Well, too bad this series gone to shit in volume 2 and 3.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

When people say this series feels "rapey" they don't mean rape is actually occurring they're more talking about Hishikawa's relentless propositioning of Komaki despite being rejected pretty unequivocally which IRL is literally just sexual harassment and shows a complete lack of respect for her boundaries. Like in the real world her behaviour would be wildly inappropriate and some readers can't suspend their disbelief enough for it to work as comedy as it's intended to here. Also, ew don't be gross respecting someone's blatant refusal of your advances is not some ridiculous draconian standard of conduct it's basic respect.

Quick question. What boundaries is Hishikawa crossing? Komaki seems pretty chill about this whole situation. Its not even presented that it is Hishikawas interest that she is rejecting, only her methods.

Readers are having a far more exaggerated reaction to a fucking joke than the target character, so much so that they are already calling rape when absolutely nothing close to it has happened.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I know what you mean, but just don't throw the word rape like that, is a really ugly thing to do as if Hishikawa would ever violently force herself on Komaki and ignore her feelings, just in chapter 3 she tried a different approach. There was a manga about mermaids here, everyone was enjoying it until one of the last chapter translated where the main character was about to be forcefully assaulted and betrayed, I completely dropped that manga, and I don't care if they continue working on it (I think they stopped in fact), so yeah I know how that feels, but this isn't in the same level.

last edited at Feb 8, 2018 11:53AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am surprised no one's commented on the similarity to Wakatsuki in Himitsu no Recipe by Morinaga Milk. In both cases, the stupid girl decided "a girl, like the girl I love, could never love me back, so I have to trick her (Wakatsuki) or buy her (Hishikawa) into at least physical affection." Hishikawa seems to have low self-esteem right from the start, but Wakatsuki, recall, fell so low she was washing her hair in the janitor's closet and couldn't bear to go to school. By the way, this girl is actually dumber than Wakatsuki, I think.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Quick question. What boundaries is Hishikawa crossing? Komaki seems pretty chill about this whole situation. Its not even presented that it is Hishikawas interest that she is rejecting, only her methods.

Readers are having a far more exaggerated reaction to a fucking joke than the target character, so much so that they are already calling rape when absolutely nothing close to it has happened.

Of course Komaki is chill she's the archetypal straight woman designed to act as a foil to Hishikawa's absurd shenanigans. That's literally her narrative purpose. Most of the people taking issue aren't put off because of how this affects Komaki (because she doesn't exist) put rather because they are responding to Hishikawa's actions with the same reaction they'd have to them in reality: disgust. The fact that a fictional character designed to not take offense to an action does what they were literally written to do doesn't make that action inoffensive. For example, Bella in Twilight being a-okay with Edward breaking into her room in the night without her knowledge to watch her sleep didn't suddenly make that not an insanely creepy thing to do.

People are allowed to express distaste for a joke they think is unfunny and inappropriate. Something being intended as a joke doesn't exempt it from being subjected to critical thought.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

majere posted:

People are allowed to express distaste for a joke they think is unfunny and inappropriate. Something being intended as a joke doesn't exempt it from being subjected to critical thought.

Which still is not a rape. No matter what you say, calling it rapey is too much. If you want to criticize something, do it, but at least criticize it properly. Simply saying rapey every time you see something a bit inappropriate is not a proper criticism. Honestly, I agree that nowadays word rape lost its meaning and power, because people seems to use it for everything that make them even just slightly discomfortable.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Of course Komaki is chill she's the archetypal straight woman designed to act as a foil to Hishikawa's absurd shenanigans. That's literally her narrative purpose. Most of the people taking issue aren't put off because of how this affects Komaki (because she doesn't exist) put rather because they are responding to Hishikawa's actions with the same reaction they'd have to them in reality: disgust. The fact that a fictional character designed to not take offense to an action does what they were literally written to do doesn't make that action inoffensive. For example, Bella in Twilight being a-okay with Edward breaking into her room in the night without her knowledge to watch her sleep didn't suddenly make that not an insanely creepy thing to do.

Yeah, it kind of does. Jokes are exempted for the simple fact that they are jokes. They are not meant to be taken seriously or subjected to critical thought. They are often ridiculous hyperboles that you are suppose to give your initial reaction to and nothing beyond that. That's why we can be entertained by stupidly ridiculous situations in comedies without having to think how stupid or unrealistic the whole thing is.

Why are you acting like Komaki's attitude doesn't matter because she doesn't exist but Hishikawa's actions are so offensive despite not existing either?

The fact the target character is fine makes the situation completely inoffensive. There is no point is getting offended over somebody else who doesn't care. It's like a white guy getting offended for a racist joke about black people. Bill Burr recently talked about a time he told a joke making fun of the military, when he did the joke in front of veterans they were laughing their asses off but when in front of a regular audience someone stormed the stage in rage. In this situation you are the person storming the stage.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

"Yeah, it kind of does. Jokes are exempted for the simple fact that they are jokes."

I don't know if anyone watches The Office here, but a character named Michael (who is portrayed as endearing but also petty and very ignorant) says this in a few scenes. But when he says it, that's the actual joke. Everyone around him are rolling their eyes or cringing when he says ignorant and insensitive things like that.

To believe that all jokes can be exempted is a joke, a ridiculous thought worthy of satire and ridicule. Just be a better human being and learn to be funny without punching down.

I do find this character to be predatory but obviously the writer is making it into a joke. Because we're complex beings, we can hold both those ideas in our heads without exploding. So calm down, folks.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

To believe that all jokes can be exempted is a joke, a ridiculous thought worthy of satire and ridicule. Just be a better human being and learn to be funny without punching down.

They are jokes, the best human beings in the world can laugh at a rape or 9/11 joke. Jokes have no bearing on how good of a person you are.

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

I predict this will become one of my fave mangas ever. Love it so far <3 ^_^

joined May 20, 2013

On page 65 shouldn't it say "She won the right not to hold hands during lunch?"

To reply you must either login or sign up.