Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

joined Oct 10, 2016

For people who use fahrenheit, 38,4°C is 101,12°F.

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 3:11PM

joined Sep 23, 2017

For people who use imperial system, 38,4°C is 101,12°F.

USA Customary Measurements are not Imperial measurements.
The few nations still using Imperial measurements tend not to use Fahrenheit.

Chibi2
joined Jul 23, 2015

There's no turning back now can't stop reading aaaaa I just hope this would have a happy ending or something

Champion%20einhart%201
joined Oct 6, 2017

doki doki, sick defenseless Asuka right to Okaa-san's heart

joined Jan 31, 2013

You need to undress her and wipe her sweat and sleep with her in the nude to provide body temperature and also have hot sex to purge the disease! It's a medical emergency! I'm a Doctor, trust me!

Listen to the man above. He is a doctor!!

Doctor's orders!

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I'm so conflicted about what to feel about the pairing but I may be leaning towards liking it since I'm still reading...

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

So mom is going to start questioning her feelings for her daughter at the same time that mysterious woman will show up. Still could go either way. As a fan of cute things, I want the mom and daughter to get together. As a realistic human, I know that it's a possibility they won't because well, they're parent and child.

joined Dec 26, 2016

I want the mom and daughter to get together

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

^I think most of us do tbh

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Don't know how to feel about mother x daughter yuri.

I actually felt the same and was about to drop this but the premise was so rare that I was thoroughly intrigued and kept coming back HAHAHAHA

Sweet sweet moral sinning

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Loooool, yes please

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

We're all going to hell for this.

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Hah!!! Gay! But I like it... XD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A hypothetical question (to all readers): if you are Ayako, assuming you don't want to corrupt your daughter, would you rather send her away to a boarding school, or not send her away and instead seek therapy together? The former probably risks that Asuka engages in self-destructive behavior and might even completely lose it, the latter risks your own safety and reputation. Or just what would you do in general?

(Maybe this question has already been asked, but if not, I'm curious. Call it morbid curiosity.)

I think given those two choices, the latter makes a lot more sense. Neither has to make it public (and if the therapist is at all ethical neither will they) and it's a hell of a lot less abrupt and potentially damaging than the boarding school/cold turkey method. Sending her away doesn't actually solve anything, just kicks the problem out of sight, and risks both their well-being.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Boardings schools aren't really a thing here; and frankly I wouldn't do that under any circumstances anyway. They just aren't my cup of tea.

I'm not sure therapy is even necessary. Her behavior (incest and such aside) doesn't strike me as irrationally obsessed; self-destructive, dangerous, anything like that. Sit her down, explain it's not going to happen*, maybe create some extra space if needed, then see whether something more is required. People do get over crushes, why would it be different if the crush is incestuous? Don't really know what therapy could do there. Convince her that she's not "really" in love with her mother? I mean, irl I might assume that, but if I had the hypothetical knowledge I'd have like here, where I'm actually completely sure that she is, that's not really an option, is it? Simply because it's not true.

*unless rape happens. I'd totally point that out. Then check her browser history secretly

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess the real question here is:

Is she hiding mother-daughter incest books?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I guess the real question here is:

Is she hiding mother-daughter incest books?

With the finesse Ayako has of being able to enter her room at any time, Asuka wouldn't dare leave any evidence lying around.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

A hypothetical question (to all readers): if you are Ayako, assuming you don't want to corrupt your daughter, would you rather send her away to a boarding school, or not send her away and instead seek therapy together? The former probably risks that Asuka engages in self-destructive behavior and might even completely lose it, the latter risks your own safety and reputation. Or just what would you do in general?

I would seek therapy personally while maintaining a normative familiar relationship with my daughter. This after telling my daughter I don't feel the same way toward her that she feels toward me, regardless of whether or not I did.

As for my feelings on this story, I like it a lot. I'm rooting for a romantic relationship to happen.

In the real world, no matter how well intended and no matter how much both partners might want it, it's the obligation of the parent to not go forward with it, not encourage it, etc. Relationships in and of themselves can do harm and cause trauma, and this sort of relationship makes it all that more likely. You can be a good person and have good intentions while still doing harm.

When there's such a huge difference in power in the relationship, the person with more needs to be responsible and say, "Even tho it could turn out fine, going forward with the relationship would be selfish because of the harm it could do to the other person."

This is why even if you may personally know examples of teacher-student relationships or adult-minor relationships that turned out fine and happy, that doesn't make it okay to be a teacher who dates their student or an adult who dates a minor.

The reason a story like this is okay is because no one real is harmed. We can pretend the trauma won't happen, or that even if it does everything will work out in the end. We can, if the story is well written, rest assured that either we'll have a happy ending in spite of the relationship, or that the sad ending will have emotional value.

Stories like this are also appealing BECAUSE they're fantasies. I'm not attracted to my mom, but I love stories about this sort of relationship. I'm not attracted to my siblings but I love stories about siblings falling in love. People are able to call partners "mommy" or "daddy" specifically because they aren't their actual parents. Etc etc.

That's why I think worrying about the morality of the story is a bit silly. So long as you don't use stories like this or Yuzumori-san as an excuse to justify predatory behavior, there's nothing wrong with these existing.

Of course, worrying about the morality of the story is different from, "This is a sensitive/upsetting topic for me and I either don't like how it handles it or I don't like any stories that deal with this."

tl;dr i talk too much

Dno5flnumaex4-j
joined Feb 11, 2018

I don't even know why I love this but reading this makes my heart beating like crazy. Age gap + Incest + Milf. It has all my favorite tags and Ayako-san (the mother) is totally my type!!! It's like Taiyaki-san can read my mind!!!

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

(Maybe this question has already been asked, but if not, I'm curious. Call it morbid curiosity.)

I am basically of the same opinion as Pyoro on this, I would choose neither of the offered options. Instead, I would talk to her, explain I do not see her that way, give her space, distance (but not to the point of isolating myself from her), perhaps encourage her to spend more time with friends her own age.

To be honest, I find your proposed measures weird. As Pyoro said, the daughter has not really shown any behaviour that would require therapy, she does not look like she will go off the deep end even with the prospect of her mother not returning her feelings. She looks sad when she has her "seen only as a daughter" moment, but I do not see any signs she will do something alarming in this emotional state. Sending her away or sending her to therapy for having romantic feelings seems needlessly cruel, and reminds of a not so long ago time when parents were considering similar options for the simple fact their kid was gay, for example.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

sending her to therapy for having romantic feelings seems needlessly cruel, and reminds of a not so long ago time when parents were considering similar options for the simple fact their kid was gay, for example.

This is a rather extreme take on what therapy entails. As others have suggested, the mom could go herself, or they could go together.

In my experience, which is not vast (but not negligible, either), therapy often just consists of talking about what’s going with the person or persons with somebody who is: 1) not involved with the situation and has no emotional stake in it; 2) professionally trained and can give a knowledgeable perspective on things. (For example, they might say, “This is more common than you might think, and here are some ways to think about it,” OR “It’s very unusual for things to go this far, and when it does, that suggests . . .,” etc.). There certainly are some crappy therapists out there, and I have no doubt that many people have had bad experiences in therapy, but it’s not all electroshock or gay conversion therapy, either.

(To be clear, this is in response to the “what would you do in real life?” question, not what I think will or should happen in the story.)

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Nah, I get that, Blastaar, but you usually go to therapy for more than just having unrequited feelings, which is all there is here (in the hypothetical situation the original poster presented). The daughter is not shown to be obsessed with the mother, she is not stalking her, perving on her, forcing herself on her (that one kiss she was, though, but it genuinely seems to be a one-time offence, which she does not seem to want to repeat), she does not appear to be autodestructive, she is not engaging in risque behaviour or substance abuse. Unrequited crushes are common, and people get over them fairly well all the time, even when they are crushing on someone they are forced to be with on a daily basis (in this case family, but otherwise it could be classmates, work colleagues, and such).

I just fail to see what merits therapy here, at this point. I guess that could change, depending on what the daughter does in the future (and of course, disregarding the story itself, which seems to lead towards the mother reciprocating the feelings), but at this precise point in time, it would be preemptive therapy at best, and I am not fond of that idea in general.

I mean, I am not an idiot, I get why some people would seek therapy here, and it is solely because of whom she fell in love with, but for me personally, that is a crappy reason.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I thought that "being deeply in love with your mom" thing was the very reason psychiatry even exists. :-)

Um, if ya'll wanna know, this shit is going down an unhealthy path, basically mom trynna replace husband with daughter.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Um, if ya'll wanna know, this shit is going down an unhealthy path, basically mom trynna replace husband with daughter.

Please no, say it ain't so. SAY IT AIN'T SO! Though you know, they weren't going down the healthiest route in the first place...

To reply you must either login or sign up.