Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

really tempted to recolor her throwing up with rainbows.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The only thing better in the morning than coffee: boobs.

Except on Monday.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

What a cute couple. I wish every lesbian couple were like this, no dramas. Haha.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

DO IT.

joined Nov 26, 2017

No heavy drama, not a bad story for lesbians.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Mari was surprisingly cheerful even after the disastrous party they had.. so something VERY nice must have happened at home ;D (a.k.a did they finally fucking do it?)

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

In hindsight... of course Arisa's barf would have sparkles coming out of it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Symphogeah posted:

Mari was surprisingly cheerful even after the disastrous party they had.. so something VERY nice must have happened at home ;D (a.k.a did they finally fucking do it?)

Nah, she was drunk af u.u

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

mari with long hair is gorgeous~

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Man, that group of characters left a bad taste in my heart and mind. And that character denying the feeling of love as 'something you do at an all-girl school', that just doesn't sit right.

I've seen many of this cliché in the yuri plot. I know there's must be something like kind of love in all-girl schools and when they are graduating, they are realized that kind of love is wrong. But i agree with you because they think yuri is part of puberty in high school.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 18, pg 12, "wanted kiss" should be, "wanted to kiss"

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

Wow, she's got such a cheery personality, she pukes sparkles.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BOOBS.

Indeed.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I agree that the friends were pretty horrible about it, but if they weren't, Mari's reluctance to come out of the closet in public would seem irrational. It would be great if everyone in the world were as cool with it as Arisa expects them to be, but sadly that's not how it is.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I agree that the friends were pretty horrible about it, but if they weren't, Mari's reluctance to come out of the closet in public would seem irrational. It would be great if everyone in the world were as cool with it as Arisa expects them to be, but sadly that's not how it is.

I feel like if they did come out to them, in the spirit of the story so far, the friends will be surprised, but end up being okay with it. Maybe confused and curious, but I don't think they'd be disgusted and ditch Mari. Besides Mari only didn't want to tell them because of her mom finding out and her friends do seem like big gossips.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's depressing being always super-negative about it and these stories clearly also are a bit of escapism, but just my personal preferences - I also find it a bit annoying if they completely ignore homophobia as if it didn't at all exist, especially in a country like Japan. So a gentle reminder like this (it's not exactly looking as if it's going to be a huge subplot that'll take ages to resolve) that even if things are going well for those two not all is well in the world is I think appropriate.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's depressing being always super-negative about it and these stories clearly also are a bit of escapism, but just my personal preferences - I also find it a bit annoying if they completely ignore homophobia as if it didn't at all exist, especially in a country like Japan. So a gentle reminder like this (it's not exactly looking as if it's going to be a huge subplot that'll take ages to resolve) that even if things are going well for those two not all is well in the world is I think appropriate.

I agree, I knew about my students if they were socially anxious, had to work, what their hobbies were, who their friends were, etc. but which among them might have been gay ... not so much. Just not discussed, except by the really advanced, more progressive students.

Then again, the teasing that goes on, some things come out between the lines.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I agree, I knew about my students if they were socially anxious, had to work, what their hobbies were, who their friends were, etc. but which among them might have been gay ... not so much. Just not discussed, except by the really advanced, more progressive students.

Then again, the teasing that goes on, some things come out between the lines.

On the flip side at my old high school and my current uni gay students felt safe enough to kiss in hallways. I'd say 10% of the students were gay and most of them didn't keep it a secret. I still remember a quote from a good friend "I'm a faggot therefore argument invalid" this was yelled in the middle of lunch followed by applause. It's weird from my personal experience I haven't seen much discrimination even the religious people around here support LGBT rights.

Credit
joined Jul 14, 2013

Nothing's better than having puke on your shirt from you amnesian Girlfriend THAT'S WHAT I CALL TRUE LOVE

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Faystay posted:

Nothing's better than having puke on your shirt from you amnesian Girlfriend THAT'S WHAT I CALL TRUE LOVE

That's why when she said "Kiss meeee" at the end after throwing up twice I was like Ewwww No way Mari!!

last edited at Feb 9, 2018 10:50AM

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Oh my god this is sweet, cute and lewd at the same time.
Exactly what I need to light up my day.

Rin
joined Aug 4, 2017

Oh wow, I totally forgot about this series! Catching up on all the chapters felt so nice, it's such a sweet manga. I love the small bits of progress here and there, especially in the chapter with Hara giving Mari advice and seeing them finally kiss! I hope they continue to make friends with grannies, they're my favorite parts of reading this.

I wonder if Arisa is soon going to be the "girlfriend with the voice" instead of the other way around lol

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

I kinda feel bad for Mari.
She clearly misses the old Arisa and seems to feel so much lonely, kinda sad.

Flag-001
joined Jan 30, 2018

I hope one day we can see more of the dominant Arisa, but this is still pretty good.

joined Oct 17, 2016

Was not expecting a sudden marriage proposal! But I still want to see this wedding!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.