Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Why do authors seem clinically unable to propel the story without these?

Because they love it, I guess? Conflict and stuff.

I don't know how they could have made it work, it's clear the mother doesn't seem interested in her daughter (well there were some moments, but it was too ambiguous even from my memories), not in that way. I guess you could a low-key story about some kind of inverted Oedipus complex, but would it be interesting? Perhaps.. We'll see!

I wonder if we will learn that they are NOT blood related at some point? That would be... a poor plot device.

Please no... I don't complain for plot device almost all the time, but that would be too cheap and make the whole point of the story die...

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 1:30PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Can anyone tell me who she actually is? By the way she talked with Ayako in the raw?

Ayako's sister or her sister-in-law, because her name's /Mori/ Akira. The former would honestly make more sense, given how similar they look to each other.

If I'm not wrong, Kisaragi was Ayako's surname before she got married, and the guy's surname was Mori, whiiich means that she'd have to be a blood relative of the guy's. Unless there's been a mistake with the surnames.

Is it possible that they're married? Maybe the reason she feels guilty is because she's been hiding a wife from her daughter, presenting her as an aunt or something.

joined May 20, 2013

Seem too young if nothing else, but it'd a great twist if this Mori Akira was the person called Atsushi in the past. (The father who died.) This is just the idea the most out there that came to mind.

She being his little sister is what's probably the case, and she apparently loves the mother a lot. When did she last meet the daughter and what will she think of her now? Will she be a rival for one of them, or the solution in some way? Will the daughter get interested in her aunt? (In the next closest female relative not out of her target age range?) I wouldn't really expect the last part, but as any good cliff-hanger drop-in character, she's an enigma for now. I also don't mind waiting for the answers and will only be disappointed if she'll turn out be a real ex of the mother... Otherwise her never-smiling-goddess backstory may be an interesting one, too.

One more theory: Is she really the daughter of Atsushi (he and his family didn't know about her at his time of death)? Could she be the fruit of the mother's incestuous relationship? In that case it should be both her dad and granddad probably, so I better hope not.
Can't stop: She could be both her biological mother and aunt, too, if the father was still Atsushi, and Akira is his sister. Maybe an arrangement due to the mother's infertility? Or a (terrible?) secret hidden by the wife adopting their child? Did they kill him?

Is it possible that they're married? Maybe the reason she feels guilty is because she's been hiding a wife from her daughter, presenting her as an aunt or something.

Could be the wife of one of Atsushi's brothers (in Japan), even of one of his sisters (elsewhere), if he had any of either. Or the young wife of one his parents... to add another unusual idea. Seems quite independent so far and didn't mention anyone else on the phone, though. Still too much of an enigma.

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 1:52PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I wonder if we will learn that they are NOT blood related at some point? That would be... a poor plot device.

Please no... I don't complain for plot device almost all the time, but that would be too cheap and make the whole point of the story die...

Especially since it's called 1 x 1/2 and starts out with a talk about DNA, making clear this is about "half the DNA". Randomly deciding that that was just some weird red herring all along and refers to something completely different (maybe the aunt is "half" her mother since she's her fathers sister...) would be really, really, really infuriatingly cheap.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Aww I like conflicts in my yuri but isn't the whole incest thing enough conflict? I'm not too fond of triangles, especially since from my past readings a third person that is very friendly to Ayako like this new girl usually gonna end up treat Asuka like trash behind her mother's back and because "something something incest is bad so it's better for mom to be with her and so I can get over mom" Asuka will not tell her mom about it (even though that would solve everything) until like 10 chapters later (because fuck your cute yuri we need forced drama). Well at least that's the worst case scenario I could imagine.

Considering this is a pretty drama heavy series this is really unlikely to happen, but I'm hoping this is just drama bait, you know, one of those new characters introduced in the end of a chapter and foreshadowed to cause a lot of trouble but it's just drama bait and she won't actually cause any trouble next chapter or she will cause trouble but in the end it was all a misunderstanding from Asuka's POV or something

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'd like a manga actually drawing them as appearing from nowhere, with some light- and soundeffects. Then the protagonist would "But they didn't even exist a moment ago! They literally appeared from nowhere!"-tsukkomi.

I too would admire that kind of narrative honesty.

Rsz_tumblr_m8ybh0fbrb1r43rfao1_500
joined Jan 26, 2017

I can't describe how much I like this serie. Every time a new chapter is uploaded, I reread everything from the beginning.

7okxlebd
joined Oct 28, 2017

GAAAAASSSP You stay away, suitcase lady!

Zyuld81z
joined Dec 19, 2017

Finally, chapter 6 is Here :D

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

i feel this will not end well lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

2Kay3Lee posted:

GAAAAASSSP You stay away, suitcase lady!

I want to see what she says, if she's bad or not first... If she's just some mean woman who gets in the way just because drama then I'll just take a break from this like I did with yuzumori, if not, then it could be interesting... Because like someone said up there, we really don't need more complications in a relationship already complicated.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Minor errors in chp 6 were fixed

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

This won't end well will it?

i mean is mother x daughter incest story when this kind of stories go well (hentai doesnt count)

I'm pretty sure Mochi Au Lait would make this kind of thing turn out just fine.

i mean cano could also make it work somehow but i mean in real life not in yuri wonderland where everything is possible

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 3:00AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

first my unrequited love goes the cheap way
now this one is also adds drama for the sake of drama
fuck men im gonna re-read girlfriends or hanjuku joshi fuck this shit

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 3:06AM

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

For everyone feeling irritated by potential rival appearance I just want to advice to not jump to conclusions. This manga already proved a few times that it’s not following usual stereotype's bullshit.

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 4:00AM

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I would like to point out that in response to this new character, I had a reaction of "oh! Someone new. This will shake things up a bit" as opposed to Citrus, where every new character is greeted with "ugh, here comes another pointless annoying arc"

Even if it ends up bad, 1x1/2 will still look miles better by comparison.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

I would like to point out that in response to this new character, I had a reaction of "oh! Someone new. This will shake things up a bit" as opposed to Citrus, where every new character is greeted with "ugh, here comes another pointless annoying arc"

You're not the Cannibal's clone, are you?

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Not gonna lie, been checking the comments everyday because y'all are just as entertaining as the story.

Given the context of a story about a daughter falling in love with her mother, I'm especially curious about what the readers are saying about it.

joined Apr 27, 2017

So will just about anything, compared to Citrus.

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

I can't read the raws anymore in pixiv. what happened? did the author remove it?

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

So will just about anything, compared to Citrus.

Citrus isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a manga with so much chesee and drama Citrus puts the melodrama in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a manga with his art and character desing . Girflriends breaks records hanjuku joshi breaks records. Citrus breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the cheese

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Keep Citrus to its own thread, please. Better to stay focused on this series instead.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I can't read the raws anymore in pixiv. what happened? did the author remove it?

Yes, She's releasing new chapters on fantia now https://fantia.jp/fanclubs/4040. But old chapters are not available for free anymore.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Keep Citrus to its own thread, please. Better to stay focused on this series instead.

Must be hard for the mods of this site, eh?

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 2:56AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Must be hard for the mods of this site, eh?

Honestly, it's not all that bad most of the time. We've got some good folks here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.