Forum › Their Story discussion

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Man, I've been stressing like hell since last chapter thinking there was gonna be some ridiculous drawn out drama like citrus but it looks like it's gonna be fine, I can sleep easy tonight.

This was a filler chapter.

No it wasn't. It didn't have the "Extra Life" marker that filler chapters usually have.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Skipping important stuff again I see; no kiss, no Mo. Also, comparing any potential drama here to the systematic drama cycling of Citrus is cruel.

last edited at Jan 27, 2018 2:17AM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Oh this is so cute. Funny how I'm kinda in the same situation like Sun Jing. Though I'm not as brave as her yet T_T

Omg samee I’m in the same situation too but like we are not friend and I want to be friend but I’m not brave as sun jing to ask T_T :)

Good luck to you friend! I blew my chances already because my crush ended up transfering school before I got to talk to her.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hot patootie, bless my soul
Really love that rock and roll

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Hot potatootie, bless my soul

Fixed. Also this was a wonderful little chapter, I feel blessed.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Man, I've been stressing like hell since last chapter thinking there was gonna be some ridiculous drawn out drama like citrus but it looks like it's gonna be fine, I can sleep easy tonight.

No it wasn't. It didn't have the "Extra Life" marker that filler chapters usually have.

You sure? If I just kissed my crush a few days ago I wouldn't just not talk about it the next time I meet them

joined Mar 21, 2017

You sure? If I just kissed my crush a few days ago I wouldn't just not talk about it the next time I meet them

This is the next time she is seeing her as QT has SJ's coat with her. They'll talk about it in the next few chapters i reckon.

last edited at Jan 27, 2018 4:57AM

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I live for Qiu Tong bossing Sun Jing around a bit when she messes up

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Wait what happened to bullying?

joined Aug 22, 2016

This is the next time she is seeing her as QT has SJ's coat with her. They'll talk about it in the next few chapters i reckon.

QT had SJ's coat before the Christmas special and Mo's chapters as well, so I think SJ meeting QT at the sweet potato stand happens immediately after Mo stopped SJ. QT asks SJ if she was finished with her "business" and went on to passively scold SJ for making her wait in the cold.

If so, the earlier panel with QT saying Sun Jing never showed up, and implying she never heard from SJ, makes worrying oveer QT and SJ feel forced.

I'm guessing that SJ calmed Mo somehow and then texted QT saying she was held up over some "business", with business meaning talking to and rejecting Mo -- poor girl, I really feel for Mo.

last edited at Jan 28, 2018 12:50AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

QT had SJ's coat before the Christmas special and Mo's chapters as well, so I think SJ meeting QT at the sweet potato stand happens immediately after Mo stopped SJ. QT asks SJ if she was finished with her "business" and went on to passively scold SJ for making her wait in the cold.

If so, the earlier panel with QT saying Sun Jing never showed up, and implying she never heard from SJ, makes worrying over QT and SJ feel forced.

I'm guessing that SJ calmed Mo somehow and then texted QT saying she was held up over some "business", with business meaning talking to and rejecting Mo -- poor girl, I really feel for Mo.

I was just pointing out why it wasn't a filler episode but yeah that is what i am thinking too. I also have a feeling that the whole "that night, she never turned up" may have been a slight mistranslation, It's not the first time something got lost in translation.

last edited at Jan 27, 2018 2:53PM

Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

I was just pointing out why it wasn't a filler episode but yeah that is what i am thinking too. I also have a feeling that the whole "that night, she never turned up" may have been a slight mistranslation, It's not the first time something got lost in translation.

The Chinese says, 那天傍晚,孙璟没有出现. With perfect hindsight, we could change the tl a bit to say, "That nightfall, SJ did not appear" or even "Before sunset, SJ did not appear," but it sounds a bit awkward in English and even Chinese fans suspect Tanjiu dropped the ball a little bit and forgot about her mention of 傍晚. Especially since the latest strip doesn't show QT waiting until sun down. Oh well!

joined Mar 21, 2017

The Chinese says, 那天傍晚,孙璟没有出现. With perfect hindsight, we could change the tl a bit to say, "That nightfall, SJ did not appear" or even "Before sunset, SJ did not appear," but it sounds a bit awkward in English and even Chinese fans suspect Tanjiu dropped the ball a little bit and forgot about her mention of 傍晚. Especially since the latest strip doesn't show QT waiting until sun down. Oh well!

Thanks for clarifying that. "That evening" instead of "that nightfall" would have made more sense to me but then as you said it's still pretty light in the latest strip.

She has had a bit on her mind though from what i understand so i can see how she may have made a mistake.

Edit: In fact just using google "那天傍晚,孙璟没有出现" translates to "That evening, Sun Jing did not appear"

last edited at Jan 27, 2018 4:22PM

Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

Yeah, there is a slight nuance change between "that night" and "that evening" but either way, it doesn't line up with the new strip. Hopefully we get an explanation next update.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yeah saying "that night" makes quite the difference to "that evening" as evening implies there is still time left in that day. If the scene showed it looking like it was dusk then the strip wouldn't have felt so out of place. Guess we'll see.

Thanks for all your work though, on both this and "Beloved"

joined Feb 1, 2013

Glad to see Sun Jing and Qui Tong back together again, and bonding over roasted sweet potatoes.

joined Aug 22, 2016

I was just pointing out why it wasn't a filler episode but yeah that is what i am thinking too.

My mistake, I meant to copy @DR2 Hajime Hinata comment as well. I edited my post to reflect that.

The Chinese says, 那天傍晚,孙璟没有出现. With perfect hindsight, we could change the tl a bit to say, "That nightfall, SJ did not appear" or even "Before sunset, SJ did not appear,"

She has had a bit on her mind though from what i understand so i can see how she may have made a mistake.

Thank you for the note on the translation. Whatever it was, I do hope it wasn't too serious for Tan Jiu.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Wait . . . all this worry and she was just a bit late?

joined Mar 21, 2017

My mistake, I meant to copy @DR2 Hajime Hinata comment as well. I edited my post to reflect that.

All good, these things happen :)

Thank you for the note on the translation. Whatever it was, I do hope it wasn't too serious for Tan Jiu.

Her publisher wants her to remove the chapter in which SJ confesses to QT before they will publish it. That has affected her a bit.

last edited at Jan 28, 2018 1:05AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Her publisher wants her to remove the chapter in which SJ confesses to QT before they will publish it. That has affected her a bit.

Woa, what is happening? Are they censoring the story?

joined Mar 21, 2017

The webtoon is safe, it's the physical copy that is running into this issue. From what i have heard.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

They talked for all of five seconds. Give it time.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Oh thank god, that was resolved rather quickly.

joined Aug 22, 2016

The webtoon is safe, it's the physical copy that is running into this issue. From what i have heard.

The issue started in October when publication of volume two was temporarily suspended due to China's goverment assambly. Then, in late November, Tan Jiu's publisher requested to have the confession scene removed from Their Story before continuing with publication. Tan Jiu rejected the censorship rightly so.

While the web version of Their Story will continue as is, physical publication of volume two has been suspended, not cancelled as some are saying. Tan Jiu's Weibo post on the matter with English translation can be read here on Tumbler. Tan Jiu states that while this complication has had a very negative impact on her, she is recovering.

last edited at Jan 29, 2018 4:40PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Makes no sense anyway. I mean, let's say at some point the series had a genuine erotic scene (as if...), and the publishers would say "we need to cut that out", then that'd still suck, but people could (most likely) say "yeah, fine, doesn't change the plot" ... but without the confession, how can the plot go on? Nothing that'd happen afterwards would make any sense. If they ever ended up together it'd be completely "how the heck did this happen?!"

Ridiculous all around (well, censorship usually is).

To reply you must either login or sign up.