Forum › Missing Link Side:Rina discussion

joined Jul 5, 2017

Rereading it, there's definitely plenty of hints that Ayumi is a complete bitch.

Eh. Reads more like this relationship is just in Rina's head and Ayumi is a doormat dragged along because she doesn't want to upset her senpai. She's clearly uncomfortable whenever the two are together and very happy to finally be out of the club.

Imagining her as a victim of what boils down to unintended sexual harassment would actually redeem the plot somewhat if the rest of it wasn't so incredibly stupid.

joined Jan 24, 2018

Got my heart break from reading this..need a healing T_T

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

What....? I can't even respond it's just so.... What?

joined May 20, 2013

The second (and last) part seems to make a lot of sense, even if it doesn't explain some things.
I still don't get why Ayumi stuck to Rina. Unless she couldn't properly reject her and only managed to avoid kissing an so on. Then that'd mean Rina stuck to her instead. Otherwise, Ayumi was just simply two-timing and got caught with one of them first (Saki being the more forceful, apparently), got thrown out, then didn't care about hiding anymore. Saki may be the most decent person overall in the story, just being unlucky having fallen for Ayumi?
Alright, it leaves a lot unexplained, but at least two characters' reasons become clear.
Shuri seems to be a slightly better person than this chapter suggests, since above all she tried to protect or save (and get) the person she loves. Even if she's underhanded and manipulated the teacher, who had gone along with Shuri's voting plan because she loves her... At least Shuri didn't agree to the teacher's demanded payment and remained faithful to (or obsessed of) Rina, whom she still isn't going out with. In the end she tries to make Rina notice her, and we don't get to know more than this...
Of course, none of those reasons and intentions make the voting any less wrong altogether.

Given how there is nothing more to the story than these two chapters, I'd summarize it as a forgettable series of bad events, people, and examples. Oh, and good art to have more to be sad about.

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 3:31PM

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

hoooooooooooooooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit WHAT , WHAT THE FUCK
OMG THIS , THIIIIIIIIIIIIIISS

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Is there a homophobia tag? Because it should be applied to this.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

I kinda liked it....I mean it's supposed to be messed up and totally unrealistic. I'm suspecting that there's more to this like Saki likes Rina or the homophobe likes Shuri? I could be wrong and disappointed but screw it i'll emotionally invest, can't be worse than lemonade or happy end right? Also the art is amazing if that offers consolation.

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

First...Cheating tag?
Second...Im pretty sure they are all just in the closet,
Third...why is the teacher alright with the voting lmao...?

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Third...why is the teacher alright with the voting lmao...?

This alone makes this story bacame almost as surreal as Battle Royale or ...if (1968).

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I can imagine high school girls behaving this shittily to each other, but from where I stand the overall effect is (probably unintentional?) comedy. The social dynamics equivalent of Fire Safety Bill

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Well, that was trash

joined Jan 20, 2018

crap story

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

What an abrupt and miserable ending.

joined Nov 26, 2017

The story build up is so fast, I guess I should stop reading it.

joined Mar 10, 2017

citrus and ntr have really started a revolution

last edited at Jan 25, 2018 1:03PM

joined Jul 20, 2011

Kicking two girls out of the club essentially at random just because one person is a homophobic bigot? Sorry but the whole thing is fractally retarded.

No offense meant to intellectually disabled people, of course. I don't mean to actually compare you to these assholes.

Oh wait, now I'm offending butts.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I feel like strangulating Ayumi

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

People, not all yuri is fluffy or has to be. Everyone loves to get upset over the slightest of drama. Y'all need to grow up or something. It's the same with stories like Netsuzou Trap.

Yeah, because a story where they decide to kick the girls from the team for being gay, and by a system of voting merely on who they think are gay, and then the teacher having a brain infarction and going along with it, kicking the girls out, is totally the same thing as NT. Your argument is pure nonsense. I happen to like drama. I love angst. NT is one of my favourite series. This piece of crap is still garbage. People are complaining about crappy drama, not drama in general. Take your own advice, grow up, and learn that there are degrees of quality.

This shit was so over the top, it is not believable in any way, shape, or form. Even in a country as homophobic as Japan, girls being kicked out of a school swimming team because their team members voted them out, because they think they might be gay (and all this based on random rumours that some swimmers were gay), would open the school to so much liability, no teaching staff would allow it. Here, the teacher makes one meek attempt to stop this lunacy before basically capitulating and going along with it.

If you liked it, fine. Tastes differ. To each their own. But dismissing the opinions of everyone else by telling us to "grow up" because we "get upset over the slightest of drama" is not only stupid, and something I am growing weary of as an apparent trend by some users here, but in this case, it is a completely farcical claim.

Uh oh. I triggered someone. The stupidity and absurdity is what makes it interesting to me. Also, there's contradictions in your statement (1st and 3rd paragraph).

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Also, I was comparing the comment section between this and NTR (not the stories).

joined Jun 3, 2014

After skimming through all these comments I'm surprised no one commented on how the title is spelled in Engrish.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

After skimming through all these comments I'm surprised no one commented on how the title is spelled in Engrish.

I noticed but declined to mention in case it was intentional.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I noticed but declined to mention in case it was intentional.

LMAO I just assumed that there'd be an ice rink or something in the story, but now that you mention it they probably just slipped up.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

It's pretty common for Japanese authors and publishers to screw up spelling or grammar when using English for titles and stuff. I think it's especially common when they include a "translated" subtitle (as in the Japanese title translated to English). My favorite example is "The J.K. of the vampirelady".

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

To all the people saying there should be a cheating or NTR tag, That would be stupid because it's a spoiler for the end of the story.

Screen%20shot%202021-06-15%20at%209.27.34%20pm
joined Jun 28, 2021

This reminds me of the hit, free-to-play on mobile game "Among Us".

To reply you must either login or sign up.