Forum › Sasameki Koto discussion

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I think this is already my 20th time reading this masterpiece.

This will forever remain my favorite yuri manga.

Images%20(1)
joined Mar 26, 2014

I thought I was the only one who noticed about the differences in pages in the last chapter from this site to the other sites. I went nuts.

joined Oct 15, 2010

Just started to reread all again. I can't believe that it came out in 2008...it's been nine years. This is the Manga that brought me to Dynasty Scans. I still remember the old homepage that had this scaler,so you could see how many people of which country visited this website ^^ or those banners on top of the webpage...I think there was even a contest creating them :)
So thank you Sasameki Koto for my first yuri experiences amd all the fluffy feelings, for bringin me to this Yuri Dreamworld website and thanks to this for improving my english :3
Sorry for my post, but I needed to share some nostalgic feelings :3

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Well, at least the "ten more volumes" banner was proven wrong - by one volume. The story probably would've benefited from being half that.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Always gotta revisit the joke chapter every April 1st (hey, it's the 1st in Japan at least)

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Sometimes the "useless additions" are the most important part pf character developmet lmao

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Sometimes the "useless additions" are the most important part pf character developmet lmao

Lotte-chan's "development" always makes me chuckle.
Edit: Wait, is she doing Kazama's "Cool & Beauty" pose?

last edited at Jun 13, 2018 9:39AM

6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

Can't believe I missed out on this gem for so long. There were a couple of detours in the story that were unnecessary, but all in all it was a wonderful journey and I loved almost all the characters. Sumika and Ushio are definitely one of my favorite yuri couples now.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

"A couple of"? I like it well enough, but this was almost nothing but unnecessary detours.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Time to re-read this gem. This never gets old :3
and I really love how laid back all the characters (especially the side characters) are. Such a chilled read. The Good Morning Chapter is kind of my fav chapter even though it has nothing to do with the story xD

last edited at Jan 3, 2018 6:50PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

"A couple of"? I like it well enough, but this was almost nothing but unnecessary detours.

I guess they are unnecessary if the main story is about Sumika and Ushio, but I never found any of the detours to be boring. The side plots were like concentric circles building up side characters, and when much of yuri is devoted to mostly being about the two main characters, the extended cast is welcome.

They're all so freaking awesome and I love all of them.

last edited at Jan 3, 2018 10:05PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I like this series, but I mostly only go back to the beginning chapters, which are are classic in my opinion. The whole thing goes on a little too long, but in particular I hate how the the cross dressing guy gets treated, it makes me feel a little sick. I liked Azusa, she was darling.

The anime is very underrated. It may not be complete, but it lacks most of the iffy parts from the manga. It's also well directed and animated, and has a moving soundtrack

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I like this series, but I mostly only go back to the beginning chapters, which are are classic in my opinion. The whole thing goes on a little too long, but in particular I hate how the the cross dressing guy gets treated, it makes me feel a little sick. I liked Azusa, she was darling.

The anime is very underrated. It may not be complete, but it lacks most of the iffy parts from the manga. It's also well directed and animated, and has a moving soundtrack

I had the opposite reaction to the anime. It didn't go on long enough to get into the interesting parts of their relationship, and focused way too much on just the comedy parts. Aside from the first episode that is, which was dramatically different in tone.

I love the series, but the anime was a big disappointment to me.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I guess they are unnecessary if the main story is about Sumika and Ushio, but I never found any of the detours to be boring. The side plots were like concentric circles building up side characters, and when much of yuri is devoted to mostly being about the two main characters, the extended cast is welcome.

I wasn't necessarily saying they weren't well written or that I didn't like the side side cast, but they mainly served to weigh down the primary plot(just look at the number of times Sumika and Ushio almost get together, only for something to cut them off). It's a case of an author trying to do too much at once in the same work.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I wasn't necessarily saying they weren't well written or that I didn't like the side side cast, but they mainly served to weigh down the primary plot(just look at the number of times Sumika and Ushio almost get together, only for something to cut them off). It's a case of an author trying to do too much at once in the same work.

Difference in opinion about the same thing; I didn't feel they weighed down the main plot because they were interesting, and while I was invested in Sumika and Ushio getting together, I also enjoyed the development of their relationship, which might be considered slow and drawn out.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Polycell posted:

I think it was more they can't get together, because then manga would end. Author had to drag it out as long as possible to keep selling it (or was more likely forced by editorial stuff).

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Always dislike how those story ends, a mix of disappointment, since it's a bit bland compared to the intensity of the rest of the story, and nostalgia because well, it's over and we won't see any more of the characters...

Really late to the party, thanks that guy on reddit for pointing me to it, I really, really loved it. Lots of (good) angst and struggle, and some really good fluff/cute moments. Late thank you for the translation <3

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I finished this too, 2 days ago... And yeah it is good! NOT as good as Aoi Hana which I finished almost a week ago... Now I feel that I don't have famous yuri on hold left.
I couldn't take this too seriously, maybe because of the constant 4th wall breakings, but seeing Kazama crying in her room really made me feel bad... Anyway good stuff!! 8/10 thank you for translating!
PS: Too bad glasses girl never had a lover...
PS2: Too bad the teacher didn't have a lover...
PS3: Too many colds/fever ... Seriously!

joined Nov 30, 2011

Just reread this. Love this to death. I seriously get choked up every time I read the ending confession in the classroom , sniff sniff... I would love an adult continuation of them, just being adults and together.

joined Nov 30, 2011

@Serenata - where is your avatar from??

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Love both, manga and anime.

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

April Fools is hilarious, no matter how many times i read it, it still makes me lol so hard xD
I concur and cheers me up on my darkest days of life.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 1, 2017

i love this so much gosh

joined Jun 28, 2018

Full disclosure, I was vehemently against reading this at first because I was pissed about how the anime ended. I was a fool. This is by far one of the best yuri manga I've read. It's slow burn and angsty as FUCK, given... But, there were so many genuinely sweet and laugh out loud funny moments that I enjoyed the entire thing.

"This is the girls bathroom."
"OSSU!"

I fucking DIED reading that

last edited at Jul 9, 2018 1:27AM

joined Oct 15, 2014

Full disclosure, I was vehemently against reading this at first because I was pissed about how the anime ended. I was a fool. This is by far one of the best yuri manga I've read. It's slow burn and angsty as FUCK, given... But, there were so many genuinely sweet and laugh out loud funny moments that I enjoyed the entire thing.

Yea the anime ending sucks. Thank God I read this all the way thoroughly. Still one of my favorite Yuri manga of all time!

To reply you must either login or sign up.