Forum › Wavering Mind discussion

63621-girls-und-panzer-darjeeling-gununu-tank
joined Jun 23, 2013

okay the first oneshot after a month without any yuriness ... and it strike right through my heart
dem this cuteness !!

joined Oct 3, 2013

wahh.. so cute~ i really love the parts where they blush.. <3

joined Oct 27, 2013

Such a cute one-shot!!

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

And not once did we get "But... we're both girls!".

Stories like that are my absolute favorites.

I like them well enough, but sometimes they just become a trope that needs to be let go for a while.

Ah, I meant stories without the "But...we're both girls!" Unless it has already become a thing...?

I feel like the modern viewpoint on homosexuality is not one of ignorance - the type that leads to the "But we're both girls!". I agree, I like short pieces like this where not a word is said about it - though it's implicit that the character never considered it simply because she was naming all guys. She's slightly ignorant, but I think that's pretty normal. We would all be confused about sexuality if there was no normative point of view, I think. I think this is the right way to handle it in pieces like this – of course there is going to be a heteronormative stance in this age, and it was reflected how it would come about – with the general assumption that the friend has a crush on a boy. But given the truth, there is little resistance, more of an "Oh! I didn't think of that. That's ok," which is an absolutely normal reaction when you're not sure of someone's sexuality.

Anyway, just my little two cents in agreement – I think that in most cases these days, this is a fairly realistic depiction of how it would go about. Heternormative assumptions I can agree with in a story that is meant to be slice of life and realistic, but no real agonizing about the "Oh my god, we're girls!" I know this applies for North America and Europe but I'm not sure about the degree of Japan's point of view.

joined Oct 20, 2013

this is the artist of okujou no yurirei-san right??
Yep, it is.

549480_395033377219127_77488960_n
joined Jul 13, 2013

love it,very soft love simple but so pure,hope for more!!

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

My heart just skipped a beat.
I think I'm blushing.

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

I like them well enough, but sometimes they just become a trope that needs to be let go for a while.

Ah, I meant stories without the "But...we're both girls!" Unless it has already become a thing...?

Sorry, that was a case of me misunderstanding. I thought you were a big fan of the "but... we're both girls" stories.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I... third that.
Also, this really made me smile. Hand-holding confessions are just too cute.

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

I always read this when I get upset now and it just perks me right up :)

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

Just read this again, love it so much. Love the ending of her voicing her thoughts out loud.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

oh maaaaan, this left a really stupid smile on my face (I love it when a manga does that). so cute

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I thought they were already holding hands, so Tomo just went for it and squeezed her hand again?
Man, maybe I'm dense, but I never would have understood that

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Faust

I thought they were already holding hands, so Tomo just went for it and squeezed her hand again?

From what I got they were holding hands but when what's his face came in the other girl let go of Tomo's hand then Tomo grabbed her hand again and did the squeezing deal.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

No, actually, I really thought you meant the stories without that, however, the way you said "Stories like that(...)" refer to the latter kind, and you should've said "Stories like this(...)", since you're commenting on this story, I think... Could be wrong, though, since English isn't my first language.

Faust

From what I got they were holding hands but when what's his face came in the other girl let go of Tomo's hand then Tomo grabbed her hand again and did the squeezing deal.

Actually, it was Tomo who let go of her hand, at first they were holding hands normally, then since Ikeda came and she couldn't continue speaking, she changed the way she was holding Chiharu's hand, intertwining fingers, to try and convey what she wanted...

last edited at Jan 10, 2016 5:35AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I keep rereading this one shot and fall in love with it more each time. It's unfortunate that I can't find anything else from this author Peg

joined Jan 18, 2016

Finished Yurirei/Kindred Spirits, liked the art, and then found this.

Needed more doujin from this author as well to numb my heart for the lack of Yurirei sequel....

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

How am I only finding out about this now? It's great and there's no such thing as too much Peg art.

Needed more doujin from this author as well to numb my heart for the lack of Yurirei sequel....

If you're willing to import, you might be interested in the four quasi-official side stories: http://www.seagull-jp.com/date/book/book001.html (links to the other 3 in the box on the left)

I also got this a couple weeks ago: http://shop.comiczin.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=27629 It's good, but it's just a collection of drawings; there's no story and it's not really connected to anything else.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 3:56AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Finished Yurirei/Kindred Spirits, liked the art, and then found this.

I can't get enough of Peg's art. It's cool and cute at the same time.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This is absolutely adorable

joined May 7, 2015

I really want more works from Peg. This is so nice.

44716723_p17
joined Aug 9, 2015

Ugghhhhhhh this is so cute!!!!!

13051743_10209394128839678_5264927321810147707_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

L-Lewd~~

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

All this hand holding action... I'm surprised there's no NSFW tag (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Love it. Short and cute. Now we need a sequal of them as adult's living together and doing cute things.

To reply you must either login or sign up.