Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Nov 5, 2017

the latest weaker chapters.

Chapter 27amirite?

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Chapter 27amirite?

Yes, 25 as well, as much as I appreciate Koyomi's addition to this manga and Nakatani's admitted self-insert. It's not that they were bad, but definitely didn't live up to the former chapters. I do enjoy myself more Rei-chan appearances, though.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Chapter 27amirite?

Yes, 25 as well, as much as I appreciate Koyomi's addition to this manga and Nakatani's admitted self-insert. It's not that they were bad, but definitely didn't live up to the former chapters. I do enjoy myself more Rei-chan appearances, though.

Agree, but at least Renma-sensei was hot af. More Rei is always welcome, she's such a tease and she ships Touko and Yuu hard

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

This month's special was too short but cute as hell. Now back to waiting.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I finally caught up to this and i got to say, it feels like we're near the finish line of this story. I don't really see a tragic ending like so many people in here were saying, but i don't really see and actual "happy" ending either since that doesn't fit the story at all. I think Nakatani would leave it as ambiguous as possible because i don't really see a definitive end to this story.

last edited at Dec 26, 2017 11:37PM

joined Nov 26, 2017

I just simply love it...

joined Nov 5, 2017

I finally caught up to this and i got to say, it feels like we're near the finish line of this story. I don't really see a tragic ending like so many people in here were saying, but i don't really see and actual "happy" ending either since that doesn't fit the story at all. I think Nakatani would leave it as ambiguous as possible because i don't really see a definitive end to this story.

I disagree. Just because this is a kind of serious manga with very few comedy moments or fluffiness or whatever doesn't mean a happy ending doesn't fit the story. If anything the foreshadowing does hint a happy ending, and an ambiguous one would make the whole plot rather pointless imo. And the way I see it nothing suggests a definitive end is impossible. We'll just have to wait and see, after all Nakatani is not really the type of writer who follows cliches and that stuff.

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 3:11AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

2500 comments Holly shit

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Pure sweetness overload. If only everyone could have a Yuu in their life.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Pure sweetness overload. If only everyone could have a Yuu in their life.

Too bad she isn't real :(

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yuu is such a romantic! "Damn, girlfriend got me more matching s__t. Sure piles up. Makes my phone look too busy."

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Yuu is such a romantic! "Damn, NOT-girlfriend got me more matching s__t. Sure piles up. Makes my phone look too busy."

FTFY

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

This story is so good it even makes me the cold dead cynical asshole that I am smile.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

This type of special chapters are really cute and a nice break from all the serious stuff going on in the actual chapters.

There would be no point in an ending that is "as ambiguous as possible" regarding Yuu and Touko's relationship, as that's the very thing that the story focuses on. An ending like that would invalidate all this slow but consistent progression. A story that primarily focuses on something other than romance can get away with keeping the fate of the romantic pairings ambiguous, but not a story like Bloom Into You. For example, imagine Sweet Blue Flowers or Sasameki Koto with an "ambiguous" ending. Fans would have lost their shit. And in fiction in general, an ambiguous ending is only fitting if the audience can comfortable believe that the journey itself was worth it without a guaranteed destination, although this still depends on what aspect remains ambiguous.

Really, as long as the lesson in the end isn't that Yuu and Touko just have to "grow out of it", I'll be happy, even if they don't become an "official couple", which isn't even the only ending that could be considered optimistic. If Yuu confessed, and Nanami started living her own life (whatever that would entail) and started hating herself less everyday, that'd already be a huge step forward for them. The will-they-won't-they question is parallel to that (and I am pretty confident in that this is a love story through and through), but it doesn't determine their happiness by itself.

I think it would end with their relationship staying the same, but with both knowing exactly what they feel for each other, thats what i meant for "ambiguous." Not a huge confession scene where Yuu bares it all for Touko to hear, but a little hint that Touko knows Yuu's feelings but doesn't really want her to say it.

last edited at Dec 28, 2017 4:33AM

joined Jun 27, 2017

This story is so good it even makes me the cold dead cynical asshole that I am smile.

I totally agree!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Yuu's so cute. <3 She's been treasuring all their memories together.

...i don't really see and actual "happy" ending either since that doesn't fit the story at all. I think Nakatani would leave it as ambiguous as possible because i don't really see a definitive end to this story.

Ambiguity in a relationship depends on all people involved being fine with the murky, unclear status quo. Yuu is not.

last edited at Dec 28, 2017 1:40PM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

This has inspired me to reread this from the beginning and I'm so glad I did - reading it as a whole really brings out the development of Yuu and Touko (at least for me as I have a poor memory and tend to forget what has happened and when)

joined Nov 5, 2017

I think it would end with their relationship staying the same, but with both knowing exactly what they feel for each other, thats what i meant for "ambiguous." Not a huge confession scene where Yuu bares it all for Touko to hear, but a little hint that Touko knows Yuu's feelings but doesn't really want her to say it.

If their relationship remains the same Yuu will be unhappy. She's clearly upset over the status quo. And why wouldn't she confess if Touko ends up changing? Yuu has repressed her feelings for a long time, I want her to confess. I don't want best girl sad at the end of the manga.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

"You were staring at it and grinning!"

"I was not!" (stares at it and grins)

I really wanted another page with just one little illustration of sis poking her head in and going "Gotcha!"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And if Touko is ready for someone to love her, Yuu has no reason to keep her feelings from Touko.

Agreed. Despite the oddness of Touko’s initial Sudden Onset Yuu-itis, there’s never been any indication that she’s not sincerely in love with her kouhai, just like any lovesick hormonal high schooler. It’s the being loved in return that’s always been the sticking point, under the perversely dysfunctional “I could never respect anyone who could fall in love with me” standard traditionally adopted by self-loathers since time immemorial.

Either Youko gets to a place where she believes she’s worthy to be loved or she doesn’t. But if she does, and assuming the characterization stays as consistent as it has been all along, an invitation from Yuu for a rendezvous in the equipment shed can only be the good news Touko would be looking for.

last edited at Dec 28, 2017 11:56PM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Agreed. Despite the oddness of Touko’s initial Sudden Onset Yuu-itis, there’s never been any indication that she’s not sincerely in love with her kouhai, just like any lovesick hormonal high schooler. It’s the being loved in return that’s always been the sticking point, under the perversely dysfunctional “I could never respect anyone who could fall in love with me” standard traditionally adopted by self-loathers since time immemorial.

Its true that Touko sincerely loves Yuu, there are lots of moments showing that. But her feelings are contradictory. Remember a time when she wanted Yuu stay the same ace she is, and not to fall in love with her? That part always confuses me. Why would she want that? Its not like she is a self-loather. She just wants to be like her sis. And she is really confident when it comes to Yuu and her relationship, like initiating kiss and stuff, even though she knows Yuu doesn't have feelings for her. And previously she told Yuu that she's gonna make her fall in love with her. Seriously, WHY? So confusing.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Its not like she is a self-loather. And she is really confident when it comes to Yuu and her relationship, like initiating kiss and stuff, even though she knows Yuu doesn't have feelings for her.

Are you even reading the manga or just spouting nonsense for the sake of spouting nonsense?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It’s not like she is a self-loather.

Yes, she certainly is; it’s one of her fundamental defining characteristics.

Chapter 22, page 28.
Touko to Yuu:
“How could I be in love with someone who loves what I hate? I hate myself.”

joined Nov 5, 2017

Its true that Touko sincerely loves Yuu, there are lots of moments showing that. But her feelings are contradictory. Remember a time when she wanted Yuu stay the same ace she is, and not to fall in love with her? That part always confuses me. Why would she want that? Its not like she is a self-loather. She just wants to be like her sis. And she is really confident when it comes to Yuu and her relationship, like initiating kiss and stuff, even though she knows Yuu doesn't have feelings for her. And previously she told Yuu that she's gonna make her fall in love with her. Seriously, WHY? So confusing.

Geez read the whole story before coming to these conclusions

Wants Yuu to stay as she is

True, and Touko still wants that. It has been explained within the story why she wants.

It's not like she is a self-loather

But she is, she even said it explicitly.

She's really confident when it comes to her relationship with Yuu

She's not confident at all. Touko is very insecure, constantly asking Yuu for permission to do stuff and being afraid Yuu may end up hating her. That's why Yuu was trying to make Touko trust her in chapter 22.

She just wants to be like her sis

Out of self-hating due to feeling she lacks any identity of her own

Despite Yuu not having feelings for her

What chapter are you in? By this point and for a while now Yuu has had feelings for her.

She told Yuu she will make her fall for her

That's a mistranslation. Read the first 5 chapters again, new translations have been uploaded.

last edited at Dec 29, 2017 8:17AM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Yuu refusing to let Touko kiss her is my aesthetic (lol)

To reply you must either login or sign up.