Forum › Their Story discussion

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

oh hooo boy. let me guess. Sun Jing is going to have this girl over at her place, and we are going to get some cliche misunderstanding action going.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I'm actually interested in this guy, he's been avoiding love since the beginning so maybe he has a trauma or something.

Same, he interests me, and is a great character in general. Then again, I like the entire cast. I came to see it as a story about all of them, with QT and SJ as a sort of central figures, rather than a QT/SJ story with filler in between (though that was my impression originally when I started the series).

And I'm still wondering what's up with QT's friend who has been in the background without actually doing much since the beginning... I bet she still doesn't like SJ and she was pretty much QT only friend before, all the characters has been introduced and even given chapters just for them except that girl.

Considering how that SJ's fangirl has been showing up consistently, it is a pretty safe bet QT's friend will step in eventually. Somehow I doubt this author could just forget a character.
Speaking of, I am actually rather interested about the fangirl. We have not been shown her reaction after she got brushed off by SJ, not to mention witnessing the whole "QT is mine" scene.

last edited at Dec 2, 2017 10:28PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ender357 posted:

oh hooo boy. let me guess. Sun Jing is going to have this girl over at her place, and we are going to get some cliche misunderstanding action going.

Please no... no no no no... no....j u s t ... ((((((n o)))))
I would rather pretend that Their Story ended in the previous chapter and live happy forever

last edited at Dec 2, 2017 10:35PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I'm actually interested in this guy, he's been avoiding love since the beginning so maybe he has a trauma or something. And asking more of the main characters after finally getting their long awaited kiss in one of the most beautiful way I've seen would've been greedy, I thought we were all already very very happy so I will survive a couple of chapters away from them.

Same here, man. I like Mophead as a character and I kind of ship him with this girl. She is cute and rather naive while he is the popular Cool dude with, as you said, some past trauma in his love life. Probably. Eitherway, It's interesting.

And I think he's much more fitting with this girl than with Glasses-kun. I don't know, but Mophead being gay rubs me the wrong way.

last edited at Dec 2, 2017 11:16PM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Be careful my hands, be careful my heart. Lest I give into temptation and break innocence apart.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Exactly what I was predicting haha

joined Feb 23, 2016

I like i likeeee~

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I feel you, Mophead, been in that exact situation so many times. -__-

Personally, I think the yuri genre needs more chill dudes like him, if only to offset the overrepresented macho-man-lesbian-hater stereotype. And anyone who thinks a het side couple can only harm a yuri narrative should look no further than Sunstone...

last edited at Dec 3, 2017 8:32AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

How can he feel exited over a passed out girl? Fuck I hate that, is he a rapist or what? At least I would never feel exited over a drunk passed out girl or guy.

last edited at Dec 3, 2017 9:47AM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

How can he feel exited over a passed out girl? Fuck I hate that, is he a rapist or what? At least I would never feel exited over a drunk passed out girl or guy.

Wow, calm down. He touched her hair and is clearly worried about her. He even knew what he did was creepy, stopped himself and called someone else he trusts to take care of her.

One lewd thought does not immediately make you a rapist. That would make me a rapist. That would make you a rapist, too.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I doubt it. The girl is probably relevant for Mobhead's storyarc (whatever that might be) and will not interfere in the main relationship.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Wow, calm down. He touched her hair and is clearly worried about her. He even knew what he did was creepy, stopped himself and called someone else he trusts to take care of her.

One lewd thought does not immediately make you a rapist. That would make me a rapist. That would make you a rapist, too.

Thank you. I held back on my own reply because I wasn't sure I could word it as eloquently, but now that you did it for me, I can just +1 your comment. Sleeping people are cute, especially people you like, so it's almost instinctual to want to caress them. Of course, touching a sleeping person if you don't know each other well is inappropriate, which is exactly why the Good Guy Mophead stopped his own hand. He acted like a normal human being made of flesh, blood, and social norms, and insinuations that he is a rapist just because of this says more about the insinuating party than about him.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Thank you. I held back on my own reply because I wasn't sure I could word it as eloquently, but now that you did it for me, I can just +1 your comment. Sleeping people are cute, especially people you like, so it's almost instinctual to want to caress them. Of course, touching a sleeping person if you don't know each other well is inappropriate, which is exactly why the Good Guy Mophead stopped his own hand. He acted like a normal human being made of flesh, blood, and social norms, and insinuations that he is a rapist just because of this says more about the insinuating party than about him.

Preach It, brothers.

Real rape is an abominable thing and that's why It can't be vulgarized as calling every single trivial thing as rape.

Mophead just touched her hair and immediately stopped himself, realizing that was slightly creepy. Not many men can show this much of personality. I've always liked him, but now I respect the character. He handled the situation so well. Also, aren't them in a relationship right now? Will you Tell me you never touched the sleeping face of your partner? Calling him a rapist is idiotic.

A rapist is someone coward enough to force themselves into another person. Period. Not someone who looks at another with tampered thoughts. If so, then everybody would be a rapist.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I feel you, Mophead, been in that exact situation so many times. -__-

Personally, I think the yuri genre needs more chill dudes like him, if only to offset the overrepresented macho-man-lesbian-hater stereotype. And anyone who thinks a het side couple can only harm a yuri narrative should look no further than Sunstone...

Preach it brother! I've always liked Mophead, since the beginning of the story, I got the impression that him and Sun Jing have been best friends for a while, and he's always been pretty cool.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I doubt it. The girl is probably relevant for Mobhead's storyarc (whatever that might be) and will not interfere in the main relationship.

I'm guessing it'll dive into his reasons for the exchange on these three pages: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_05032016_update#4 (first)

There's clearly a reason why he didn't want her interest so I'm hoping we're going to find out what it is. Maybe he hurt someone before?

OOMMGGEEE FIBALLY SOME YURI ROMANCE OFFICIALLY STARTING WITH A KIZZ!!! PERFECT SCENARIO TO AWAKEN SUN JING'S POSSESSIVE SIDE!! Qiu Tong really looked AMAZING in her dress and hairstyle... Sun Jing looked hot too, that's the hairstyle in some of the pics here right?? Sexy hairstyle!

Btw forgot about handsome mophead's maybe love interest... Since when did it start, when did he see her that way?? Love is EVERYWHERE!! ;D

last edited at Dec 10, 2017 12:02AM by

trustworthy_dolphin.exe
September-13-2011-19-28-17-tumblrlqi9ekuvcl1qewacoo1500
joined Sep 4, 2017

I'm guessing it'll dive into his reasons for the exchange on these three pages: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_05032016_update#4 (first)

There's clearly a reason why he didn't want her interest so I'm hoping we're going to find out what it is. Maybe he hurt someone before?

Not to mention that he completely broke the character he had established thus far. Either he was willing to go that far to scare her away, or the idea of a serious relationship brought out a side of him he clearly wants nobody else to know about.

Also, isn't everyone missing the obvious progression of this arc? The girl's going to come to at Sun Jing's home and decide to ask her about Qi Fang, possibly including his past and why he acted like he did towards her. Then Sun Jing has the moral dilemma of whether to protect him from what happened in the past or to push this girl towards him in the interest of mending his wounds. I mean, I could be wrong, but I grew up around writers. This kind of plot structure seems elementary to me.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Welp! Drama!
Why didn't she show up?
Love the blushing Qui Tong.
Don't force drama. Let the story flow.

last edited at Dec 11, 2017 12:19AM

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

fuck...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm soooooooooooooooooo glad SJ explained everything about the drunk girl even though she didn't need to, like "Just in case" you know? that's GREAT! but I wasn't expecting ... wait, I don't know what's happening yet! SJ where are you?

joined Aug 22, 2016

Btw forgot about handsome mophead's maybe love interest... Since when did it start, when did he see her that way?? Love is EVERYWHERE!! ;D

Qi Fang may have some rudimentary interest in her, but what he started to do before checking himself was not out of love. It was lust towards an incapacitated person, and that shocked him.

I didn't think too much of it in his interactions with Sun Jing, but Qi Fang certainly has some boundary issues with girls. And I'd say it likely that he has hurt a girl before, through his tendencies. That, or past thoughts resurfaced, similar to what he was thinking about when he was touching this girl's hair, scare him?

Also, isn't everyone missing the obvious progression of this arc?

Maybe, that's assuming Sun Jing knows. And had he hurt a girl in the past, is that something he should be protected from or should the girl be protected from Qi Fang?

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 9:54PM

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Is her not being there going to be linked to that girl or something else maybe?
Although I would imagine that little could keep her from wanting to see QT at this point so it might be real serious.

joined Aug 15, 2015

After all that light hearted scenarios, this is quite unexpected...

last edited at Dec 11, 2017 3:22AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

She got a cold and didn't tell QT because she's "so cool and responsible that it would look lame that she's the one who got cold" :v ? I hope so xD It's the only explanation I will take xD

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I swear if I see another dead lesbian I will kill someone lol
Jokes aside Sun Jing might just got a cold and we got trolled again like last time with the whole shattered window incident.

To reply you must either login or sign up.