Forum › New Game discussion

joined Mar 22, 2017

This chapter is going to make me bleed out. All of the fanservice and it's not even Christmas yet! XD
They all are so adorable. :3

joined Mar 25, 2013

What chapters does the anime(s) cover?

1477465_586288244777401_27136011_n
joined Dec 15, 2013

What chapters does the anime(s) cover?

Second season covered until chapter 64.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I have no idea why. Maybe it's the cute character design, or the fact we saw them in "work" related environment most of the time, but the fanservice was kind of unconfortable. And that is considering I read Saki, which is as over the top with that sort of thing as you can possibly imagine, without feeling that way.

joined Aug 6, 2015

I hate fanservice chapters like this.

joined May 23, 2015

I don't really understand why so many people seem to think THIS is going too far, after everyone cheered on the prologue chapter of volume 6 as much as they did.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Why though? It's a slice of life story, it's not like it is delaying the main plot or anything, or that it's out of place for friends to go shopping.

Pretty cute chapter, though. I'm sad for Hifumin with Momo who has her eyes on Aoba. That said, it looked like Hifumin was dressing up her Harem :3

joined Aug 22, 2017

I don't like this chapter
A lot of fanservice, and nothing really relevant

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Geez I guess the girls aren't allowed to enjoy their free time

joined Mar 22, 2017

By the way, it's almost the day that new chapter will get publish in magazine. kinda looking forward for some sneak peak though.
And cmon isn't this manga is about cute girl doing cute thing in the first place? some fanservice chapter shouldn't be a huge deal.

last edited at Nov 26, 2017 10:42AM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I'm pretty sure there isn't a company in the world that's lenient enough to let you off with adding an extra half hour to your lunch break(though certain types of teleworkers might be able to pull it off with nobody noticing).

joined Aug 6, 2015

Why though?

A good question to ask yourself when determining if fanservice is acceptable or not is "would the material lose anything if the fanservice shots were removed?"

In this instance, I would say nothing would be lost. We could have the same chapter, with the same dress up scenes, with the same cuteness, but not have any underwear shots. The focus of the chapter is a bunch of girls having fun trying on outfits. To me, the primary part of such a scenario like this would be the outfits and the girls' reactions to them.

What relevance did the bra and panty shots serve towards the chapter's theme of "girls having fun trying on different outfits?"

None of the dialogue referenced their underwear. It would have been borderline acceptable if they were also picking out underwear that went with the outfits they were trying out, but that wasn't the case. The underwear shots existed specifically as fanservice without any relevance to the chapter at all. Fanservice for fanservice sake. I hate that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm pretty sure there isn't a company in the world that's lenient enough to let you off with adding an extra half hour to your lunch break

Actually, I've worked at a couple of places where the workload would ramp up to a particular deadline (and everybody's going all out almost 24/7), then slack off for a bit--there were still things to do, but nothing particularly pressing. If a group went out with a supervisor, someone might say, "Where did you guys get to?" when they got back, but that's about it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Blastaar posted:

I'm pretty sure there isn't a company in the world that's lenient enough to let you off with adding an extra half hour to your lunch break

Actually, I've worked at a couple of places where the workload would ramp up to a particular deadline (and everybody's going all out almost 24/7), then slack off for a bit--there were still things to do, but nothing particularly pressing. If a group went out with a supervisor, someone might say, "Where did you guys get to?" when they got back, but that's about it.

And in this case it was Hifumi... Although Naru might get in trouble because she isn't part of the character design team, this is a very special case because they don't really have urgent matters to attend.

Some people don't like fanservice

Alright, no point of discussing personal taste

joined Feb 15, 2013

I actually like fan services. But there was this uncomfortable feeling when a bunch of girls just line up in underwear from low-shot angle while staring at the camera. Those blushes and smiles too.

It could be the cover of a H doujin of New Games without the need to change one bit

last edited at Nov 26, 2017 12:00PM

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

I cant wait till the lid gets off on the sexual harassment in the 2D world. #metoo
Oh wait....

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Regardless of the fanservice, at least Hifumi called Aoba cute in front of the others, that's some progress.

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

I have a lot of free time, so I made this relationship chart of new game tbh my favorite ship is KouRin, I made this chart based on what I read... not my preference

last edited at Nov 26, 2017 11:27PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can't agree with everything but I definitely agree with Umiko and Kou relationship status

joined May 23, 2015

I feel like Momiji's reaction this chapter is less about having a crush on Aoba and more about considering her a rival, thus not wanting to show weakness in front of her.

And apparrently not being able to pick her own clothes is a weakness she doesn't want Aoba to know about.

joined Mar 22, 2017

I think you should put rival on Momo--->Aoba instead.
Also Naru and Nene is now a close friend. (Rival state is already ended along with THAT incident on Ch.61)
But that Kou and Umiko relationship though, absolutely agree with that. XD

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

moguTL posted:

I feel like Momiji's reaction this chapter is less about having a crush on Aoba and more about considering her a rival, thus not wanting to show weakness in front of her.

And apparrently not being able to pick her own clothes is a weakness she doesn't want Aoba to know about.

Yup, that's how I See it too

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I'm not sure Aoba's in love with Kou, it's more like admiration or worship perhaps... But I may be a bit too protective of Kou x Rin...

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This was actually a great chapter. I think the fanservice is to bolster the anime.

joined Aug 22, 2017

I have a lot of free time, so I made this relationship chart of new game tbh my favorite ship is KouRin, I made this chart based on what I read... not my preference

Okey that's good, but Umiko and Nene Definitely love
Rin and Hifumi more like a kind of rivalry for Kou's

To reply you must either login or sign up.