Forum › New Game discussion

joined May 23, 2015

re future content what tells you hotaru was meeting Catherine? Hotaru says "Sore chōdo ima kai tete" - just draw it right now, or something like that. What does that scene tell us??

I get it, that's the drawing Kou found, and it was someone talking TO Hotaru

That's not what that means. It means "This is what I'm working on right now."

joined Aug 31, 2015

@Skyrin interesting theory :D It prompted me to check a few names I know on maps: Ubisoft, Arkane, Dontnod and Quantic Dream. Out of them , QD's office surroundings are the most similar, but the building's a bit different. Kou's right, it's nice indeed around there.

@Klice definitely Gare du Nord: the train has a yellow livery so it's the Eurostar. My reaction is due to the set up of picking up Kou by car there. You would probably have an easier time showing off Paris using the metro rather than struggling with the traffic

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Correct me if I'm wrong... but Rin just warned Kou about the prostitutes in Paris???

I haven't been to Paris, so I wouldn't really know, but I read it as her warning her about thieves or whatnot. Reading it again, that doesn't really make sense either, but I guess they could say "Hey, I'm being nice to you, so you better pay me money" or something? Or maybe it's like those people in Central Park who give you a free CD and force you to pay money for others...? God, why I am overthinking one sentence.

Like I said, I haven't been to Paris, so I have to ask... is it really culturally acceptable to platonically kiss your friends in a public place or is it just like those anime that say "it's fine to kiss your friends on the lips, that's what they do in America!"? Also, is Christine Christina's sister or is that someone else? I think I'm just confusing my characters, but Christina did say she was half-French, right?

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Like I said, I haven't been to Paris, so I have to ask... is it really culturally acceptable to platonically kiss your friends in a public place or is it just like those anime that say "it's fine to kiss your friends on the lips, that's what they do in America!"?

It'd be like those ideas about America. Otherwise, I think no one will care if you kiss somebody in a station, or wherever, people in Paris are always in a rush so they tend to not care about what's happening next to them. That said, you only kiss on the cheek people you're really close to.

The correct way to greet is what Catherine described in the last panel of the left column in p7, on each cheeks or three times alternating between cheeks depending where you are. There is also the question of starting by the right or the left cheek, depending on if you're in north/Paris or in the south.

Also, is Christine Christina's sister or is that someone else? I think I'm just confusing my characters, but Christina did say she was half-French, right?

Yep, I think so. I don't remember the chapter but it's the one Christina is introduced, I think, and it is the reason Kou came to her to ask for a transfer.

You would probably have an easier time showing off Paris using the metro rather than struggling with the traffic

Definitely, but I don't think showing the train station is really glamorous, except perhaps for the lines that go above the ground.

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 3:46PM

joined Mar 22, 2017

They sure know very well how to tease Kou X Rin Shipper.
Story seem to guide us that exchanged Japanese is Hotaru. (I maybe wrong but I see it this way)

And RIP SS3 probably not coming out next year story progression of magazine version is too damn slow!
6 Chapter passed and there is still no progress of making their next game!
Ty for update TL!

Spoiler
This chapter will be the real minor thing if you see what I already seen.... about Hotaru

last edited at Nov 10, 2017 8:40AM

joined Aug 31, 2015

Correct me if I'm wrong... but Rin just warned Kou about the prostitutes in Paris???

I haven't been to Paris, so I wouldn't really know, but I read it as her warning her about thieves or whatnot. Reading it again, that doesn't really make sense either, but I guess they could say "Hey, I'm being nice to you, so you better pay me money" or something? Or maybe it's like those people in Central Park who give you a free CD and force you to pay money for others...? God, why I am overthinking one sentence.

More like every place that has a lot of tourists, you find these guys trying to get some easy cash. "Are you lost? Can I help you?" and so on... They act nice at first, but then you'll discover they took 10€ for a 2€ metro ticket or that your wallet is gone.

Like I said, I haven't been to Paris, so I have to ask... is it really culturally acceptable to platonically kiss your friends in a public place or is it just like those anime that say "it's fine to kiss your friends on the lips, that's what they do in America!"?

Let's cut this in two parts:
A) What kind of kissing is acceptable?
- cheek to cheek contact: common greeting for female/female, male/female situations. Can happen between two men, but less frequent and more of a southern thing (Italy's influence maybe?). Known in French as la bise.
- lips to cheek,neck,etc contact: relatives, close friends or flirting people. Called un bisou.
- lips to lips contact: lovers or close relatives (e.g. a parent sending off their young kid at the school gate). Also un bisou.
- deep kissing: do I need to spell it? :D It's referred to as un baiser (be carefull, baiser as verb usually means to fuck).

B) What can you do in public? All of the above, no one cares and it's not public indecency. The strongest reaction you might have is when a couple is deep kissing at cafe and they're making a lot of smooching sounds, so people or going to mumble about being annoyed by that.

Also, is Christine Christina's sister or is that someone else? I think I'm just confusing my characters, but Christina did say she was half-French, right?

I think the Yamato sisters are Christina (at Eagle Jump and the parent company), Catherine and Sophie. And yes they're half-french (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/new_game_ch52#16).

You would probably have an easier time showing off Paris using the metro rather than struggling with the traffic

Definitely, but I don't think showing the train station is really glamorous, except perhaps for the lines that go above the ground.

True. I was told the best way is to do it by bus (public transport) with the help of a true parisian.

joined Nov 7, 2017

Let's cut this in two parts:
A) What kind of kissing is acceptable?
- cheek to cheek contact: common greeting for female/female, male/female situations. Can happen between two men, but less frequent and more of a southern thing (Italy's influence maybe?). Known in French as la bise.
- lips to cheek,neck,etc contact: relatives, close friends or flirting people. Called un bisou.
- lips to lips contact: lovers or close relatives (e.g. a parent sending off their young kid at the school gate). Also un bisou.
- deep kissing: do I need to spell it? :D It's referred to as un baiser (be carefull, baiser as verb usually means to fuck).

Adding to that, "la bise" would be common between co-workers or as a greeting to a new co-worker(the manga's situation). Doing it in public would be normal as well. To tell you the truth (I've lived in France most of my life), I didn't think people would be surprised by kiss cheek to cheek, it seems as normal as a handshake in France(at least everywhere I've been).

What would be kinda unusual from the manga is Catherine's "dog talk" that preceded the kiss. As it is a greeting, you're be supposed to kiss when you meet (the same as when you do a handshake).
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/new_game_ch36#2 is how a greeting kiss would be done.

last edited at Nov 13, 2017 4:19PM

joined Jan 28, 2017

Kou gets treated just like Rito from To LOVE-Ru.

joined Apr 1, 2017

How was it possible for Kou to be so dense when everyone else is so aware of Rin's feelings that they feel awkward even talking about romance movies in front of her?

last edited at Nov 16, 2017 7:44PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"Depends on what Naru plan is"
That's cute, always together

Rin's bullying never ends

joined Mar 22, 2017

That is surely cute. Momo and Naru :3
Also that Aoba expression though, freaking golden

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

How was it possible for Kou to be so dense when everyone else is so aware of Rin's feelings that they feel awkward even talking about romance movies in front of her?

Kou is reaching the density of a black hole. The first scene I've seen of New game! was the one where Hifumi was thinking to herself that the reason Kou and Rin couldn't get further in their relationship was because Kou's so dense... I hope they will make it happen in the end. When I think about it, it's a pretty dick move to make her move away to keep teasing yurifa..lovers. At least, she evolves as a character in the context of the story!

To be fair, we had some nice moments when Rin (almost) confessed to her. The scene in the anime was even more emotional, loved it.

last edited at Nov 17, 2017 11:24AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Hotarun lives!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

deltahalo241 posted:

Hotarun lives!

I wonder if she's going to have an important role in this "new arc" because in the previous one she was just kind of there sporadically hehe.

last edited at Nov 17, 2017 10:19PM

joined Sep 25, 2015

Yun is also aware of Rin's unrequited love!

joined Oct 9, 2011

Well, I'm satisfied, nice to have a chapter that has Aoba and Nene's level of subtext go up.

joined Apr 10, 2014

I'm still waiting for ~moe up the butt~ tag

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

re future content what tells you hotaru was meeting Catherine? Hotaru says "Sore chōdo ima kai tete" - just draw it right now, or something like that. What does that scene tell us??

I get it, that's the drawing Kou found, and it was someone talking TO Hotaru

That's not what that means. It means "This is what I'm working on right now."

Oh, you're right, thanks.

joined Mar 22, 2017

Any chapter that Hotarun exist is always a plus! XD
That Hajime though.... She so freaking dense.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Hotarun!! <3

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Nenechi's pouting face is really adorable. :3

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

the clothing style is so gorgeous, i just love how much thought and detail they put into it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is too early for Christmas, why are we getting so many good presents? Each page is a blessing

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

This chapter had some nice fanservice. Also Aoba still being a player without even trying.

To reply you must either login or sign up.