Forum › Hanakaku - The Last Girl Standing discussion

joined Jan 22, 2015

Well it's not bad per se, but I've seen this type of sports story too many times to get excited.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

She is adorable, but there WHERE IS THE YURI :(

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Well...it's lacking the yuri tag atm. Might still be yuri later. I sure hope so :)

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

need moar moe sports!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I enjoy sports manga so I want more with girls, I wasn't exactly looking for mma but I like it, I enjoyed teppu! after all.
I noticed after the chapter 2 that maybe each girls represents an animal... For example a monkey (Koha) or a cat (you know who), the trainer had a costume like a panther and the mc could be hamster.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Don't care if no yuri develops, MMA Hamtaro is too cute to ignore <3
Also the instructor lady's hair is super sexy.

last edited at Nov 18, 2017 1:13AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

It's ok if there's no yuri. Girls sports manga are always great to have more of and I can get by with some nice subtext. I enjoyed this :)

joined Jun 23, 2017

She literally drools when thinking of girls and women, how more gay do you want her?!

(Yeah I know she is drooling over the thought of fighting them, but still!)

Lets just hope it doesn't get axed like Teppu :(

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Cat-like speech pattern (nya~) plus mixed martial arts. Yep, I'm getting some serious Teppu flashbacks! Now if only we could have some rock hard lady abs to go with this. Preferably on Hokota. That gorgeous hair and those shaprt eyes look like they belongs on someone with abs that could stop a cannon ball! drool

joined Dec 16, 2013

She literally drools when thinking of girls and women, how more gay do you want her?!

it's over
https://myanimelist.net/manga/72355/Hanakaku

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

That Takeyama reference made me super sad ;_; I hope he recovers soon

joined Jun 23, 2017

it's over

God damnit!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ChaozCloud posted:

it's over

God damnit!

Just because it's 21 chapters doesn't mean it was axed, I'm gonna trust the author and the people who picked this manga for translation, they must know what they're dealing with.

last edited at Nov 18, 2017 8:05AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Seems like it might be really interesting. Teppu had been really interesting so it was pretty disappointing the way it just kinda fizzled out. Hopefully this one won't have the same issue. (Also the protagonist is far more likeable, though what's her face from Teppu was nonetheless pretty interesting.)

joined Jun 23, 2017

ChaozCloud posted:

it's over

God damnit!

Just because it's 21 chapters doesn't mean it was axed, I'm gonna trust the author and the people who picked this manga for translation, they must know what they're dealing with.

True, but it also means there is less of this than I had hoped.

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

I like it! I always feel like fighting is a great segue into yuri...so this is great for me...

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

So I'm guessing the bullying caused Hanaka's friend to move away? Her comitting suicide seems like it would be a bit heavy for this manga. I'm also hoping that if she did move away, that she learnt MMA to toughen herself up, so that she and Hanaka can meet in the ring.

joined Dec 16, 2013

mc got ultra instinct...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

deltahalo241 posted:

So I'm guessing the bullying caused Hanaka's friend to move away? Her comitting suicide seems like it would be a bit heavy for this manga. I'm also hoping that if she did move away, that she learnt MMA to toughen herself up, so that she and Hanaka can meet in the ring.

Vivid Strike!

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

deltahalo241 posted:

Vivid Strike!

I think the bullied friend might be the current Champion. That would be Cool. Also, that waist twisting to generate more punching power is Very accurate, at least they know a little what they are talking about. Looking foward to read more.

Ears
joined Jul 15, 2017

Got the raws and it's worth the read from the fights that happen on down the road. Though it's true that the ending got cut short like Teppu! was.

joined Dec 16, 2013

vivid strike sucks!!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The Dynasty Reader tags don't promise yuri though. Which is a pity. It'd be great if the two main characters got together, after all. It may be set in high school, but it has an adult life feel - very much so. I will settle for lots of subtext.

Ears
joined Jul 15, 2017

The Dynasty Reader tags don't promise yuri though. Which is a pity. It'd be great if the two main characters got together, after all. It may be set in high school, but it has an adult life feel - very much so. I will settle for lots of subtext.

Actually, there's quite a bit of undertones after Hanaka finishes her first real match. Koha has an obvious taste for strong girls but she ends up blushing just about as much as she's drooling afterwards.

last edited at Nov 19, 2017 12:39PM by Nezchan

To reply you must either login or sign up.