Forum › Posts by CBobbington

CBobbington
Eve and Eve discussion 24 Mar 19:53
joined Jun 30, 2015

When I saw that they had been converted into satellites I thought for sure that it would've been a thing where they'd be sent out into the cosmos to explore space together, and that the focus would be on them increasingly finding solace in each other as they become more and more isolated from Earth due to the times and distances involved... or something like that.

Kinda disappointed where it actually ended up though. Since it almost seems like they made the choice out of selfishness ("Hey sweet we can love each other forever, and I guess we can do that record-keeping thing too."), which ends up taking some of the wind out of the tragedy sails. Furthermore the importance of their mission is never really elaborated upon, it doesn't seem like they do much more than what could be accomplished by launching a canister full of hard drives into space every so often (which has the added benefit of not having to worry about the privacy considerations of having 2 satellites spying on the entire world at all times) and the fact that the world didn't really seem to be too broken up about losing them. Also I wonder why you wouldn't just ask to come back, since humanity apparently has both man-machine interfaces and android tech. I just can't connect with them, did their desire for eternal love eventually just turn to obsession and finally drive them mad? Is that what I'm supposed to get out of this? All for this combined really just ends up numbing me in the end and preventing me from really feeling anything for this story...

last edited at Mar 24, 2018 7:53PM