Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

Why is anyone talking about amnesia?

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

er. well. then. we are going that route then. Either it's a misunderstanding or he's cheating. Neither sound very interesting. I know cliche's are unavoidable as "every story has been told" and all that. Doesn't make me any less bored with the ones I see over and over.

I'm fine with angst as long as it's well written.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 6:27PM

joined Feb 2, 2016

So reiichi never love or never was interest in her:(
Uta chan was away in love with kaoru
The tile said it all my unrequited Love never thought meant about the both them uta and kaoru
Why the hell did reiichi ever got married with kaoru in the first place if never love her

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Did truck-kun appeared??lol

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Soooo is he cheating, we will see in the next Chapter. I'm looking forward 2 it.

11037-1-img_1_62823
joined Feb 2, 2016

Only Stairs chan lol

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Only Stairs chan lol

Looooool

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Reacting to ch.10:
Seriously going that route? Feels so out of nowhere forced.

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

The only thing I'd find cliché about this chapter is Kaoru falling down those stairs, and that's only if it turns out the fall killed her and the story becomes about Uta lamenting not confessing her feelings to her sooner, or something like that.

As for the husband, I don't think he's cheating, but I do think he's pretending to be at work so he doesn't have to spend time with Kaoru.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I definitely preferred the narrative when we could assume the reason husband was out was specifically because of the demands of his job and the Japanese work culture in general. Him being a liar and/or cheater makes the narrative a lot less interesting, because I definitely prefer the story being of a mostly-functional married couple with a sister-in-law with the feelings she has. I feel like one of the series' strengths is that it didn't have to have a convenient Good End with Uta and Kaoru, but it feels like that's the purpose of this twist.

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

Kuro's "arc" was fine, even interesting, this was just jumping the shark.

Tumblr_mzkufvpuyp1sgerido1_500
joined Oct 25, 2014

I am the onlyone that thinks he will have a very good reason for all this mess? Either way Kaori is obviously hurt (lol) and Uta will be furious, fraternal or romantic love her brother is hurting someone really precious to her. nope nope. Hope its nothing that dramatic like amnesia or shit.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

So reiichi never love or never was interest in her:(

When somebody rejects you seven times, there is a point where you have to take a hint, I guess... In the end, she got what she wanted and it is admirable to see her tenacity! But we don't know if it is really cheating, but there's dishonesty involved and I don't think it's going to be good.

Why is anyone talking about amnesia?

Because people love to overreact and try to imagine the worst possible outcome so they could complain some more! The scenario imagined is that during her fall she hits her head and gets amnesia so she falls for Uta or something.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 8:59PM

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

I don't think he's cheating. Risako seems like a woman that's pretty dedicated to her career. I wouldn't find it strange for Risako and Reiichi to work together by coincidence. We don't really know what they do.

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

Because people love to overreact and try to imagine the worst possible outcome so they could complain some more! The scenario imagined is that during her fall she hits her head and gets amnesia so she falls for Uta or something.

Well, people were imagining the "worst possible outcome" of the husband cheating on her so there's a excuse for Uta to get a chance at her, and that already happened, so expecting another worst possible outcome seems pretty reasonable right now.

I know this might be a misunderstanding, but if it is then Kaoru will just become hateable, she's been a pain in the ass through the story so far.

Also, taking another look at the stairs, did she fall from the very first set? then people should ATLEAST expect amnesia, or otherwise she should be goddamn dead.

Now that I think about it, she was reaching to the phone because supposedly the brother messaged her something, could it be that he was going to tell her he was actually coming home? if that's the case then I hope Kaoru is actually dead.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 9:32PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Wasn't he saying he was out of town for several days? Even if he's not cheating, he's still lying to her for reasons that don't feel particularly justified, and even then I can't think of a plausible (if cruel) justification for it outside of cheating.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

i think its possible that he was cheating because he knew that she loved Uta and that Uta loved her. But tbh it could just be him cheating. I doubt that she will die or get amnesia or anything.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

if we will get amnesia tag, I will be furious... I hate this things in manga...

Even in Bright and Cheery Amnesia?!

The real clichés are all the complaints about clichés. I think it could be made into a trope of forum critics.

I think Bright and Cheery Amnesia should be exempt from "Amnesia Hate". That series is freaking adorable and puts a huge smile on my face every time. Normally in most stories Amnesia is done in absurd ways to change things drastically or drag out a series, but with Bright and Cheery it's naturally apart of the story and done in a way that's very pleasant and funny.

Also ya complaining about cliches is thee popular trend. We're reading romance series, which all have at least some kind of cliche. In my opinion it's all about finding the cliche(s) that you like in a series and read those. Complaining solves nothing, but I guess people enjoy complaining otherwise it'd wouldn't be so popular.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Well, people were imagining the "worst possible outcome" of the husband cheating on her so there's a excuse for Uta to get a chance at her, and that already happened, so expecting another worst possible outcome seems pretty reasonable right now.

Ah, well, it was pretty expected and even hinted at if you look at it more closely, but the amnesia thing just looks like something people who didn't like this outcome throw in the air out of frustration more than anything.

I know this might be a misunderstanding, but if it is then Kaoru will just become hateable, she's been a pain in the ass through the story so far.

How could she be detestable? What has she done that would make her hated?

[...] if that's the case then I hope Kaoru is actually dead.

I don't really get the grudge you seemed to to have towards the character.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 10:01PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

muteKi posted:

Wasn't he saying he was out of town for several days? Even if he's not cheating, he's still lying to her for reasons that don't feel particularly justified, and even then I can't think of a plausible (if cruel) justification for it outside of cheating.

Out for several days but actually close by... With a girl who happens to be his ex girlfriend AND during his birthday, if that isn't what we all think then is just really really forced to put that scenario.

Also we are not supposed to love or hate something just like that, this isn't black and white... I love the first chapters, I love all the characters, I love the drawing too but I don't like this development, is that bad or exaggerated?

I wanted to see an ending where Uta moves on because I didn't know how the author could pull it off, it would be something new to me... And this can happen, is not too late or maybe something even more unexpected will happen, it all depends on the next two chapters I guess, but that doesn't mean that I have to like this one

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 9:59PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

But honestly, what kind of stupid cheater hang around the route that his wife going grocery shopping on? Around dinner time as well?

That’s why it is so stupid. If he really cheated on her, then it forced as fk. If it was just a cliche misunderstanding. Then it’s fking cheap just to transit in the staircase fall or volume end cliff hanger.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 10:05PM

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Out for several days but actually close by... With a girl who happens to be his ex girlfriend AND during his birthday, if that isn't what we all think then is just really really forced to put that scenario.

Was her really the ex gf shown in this chapter? She appeared on chapter 4 as a friend of Kaoru and during the conversation with the friends it wasn't mentioned that she dated Reichi back in highschool. And the girl shown in the flashback doesn't look like her and doesn't wear glasses either. Btw if she really is Reichi's lover then what a bitch, betraying her friend like that-
Edit: yeah I just checked and there's this mole that the friend has under her left eye. Yeah, it's the same woman. So, lying about staying out of town more days, when he's actually with his ex gf. Considering the foreshadowing in chapter 4 about Reichi rejecting Kaoru many times before agreeing to date her and her friends saying there's nothing great about him, seems like he's in fact a cheater. But he also shown real concern about her, sometimes he acted cold but it it seemed he actually loved her, and he married her, why doing that if it's not for love? It's pretty clear Kaoru isn't rich. Maybe he did it for Uta? out of pity? Wait and see.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 10:18PM

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

WHAT A BULLSHIT WAY TO END! JUST BECAUSE SHE SEE'S REIICHI WITH ANOTHER WOMAN, YOU END IT WITH HER FALLING TO AMNESIA OR WHATEVER THE FUCK!? REALLY!? TAKE MY 2 CENTS GAAAAAAAAH! PATHETICCCC

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

but the amnesia thing just looks like something people who didn't like this outcome throw in the air out of frustration more than anything.

I did mention the fall she took, those were a lot of stairs, expecting her to come out fine after that is what seems weird to me, and all things considered, having her have amnesia is the thing most convenient for the story right now.

I don't find her detestable, just a pain in the ass IF it's just a misunderstanding and she almost killed herself over something that could've been cleared out if she actually read the phone.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 10:11PM

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

God dammit, I really liked this story! If it really turns out that Reiichi really was cheating on her, that's gonna feel cheap. If it turns out to be a misunderstanding (maybe he lied about being out for a few more days so they could show up in order to surprise her) then it feels even MORE cheap because it's just a fake-out for no reason other than temporary drama!

To reply you must either login or sign up.